PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle trashes cub fans

maurice
05-23-2005, 01:14 PM
One widely held opinion is that Sox fans have more baseball savvy than their Cubs counterparts, and according to pitcher Mark Buehrle, the last three days only served to confirm it. "Once they have a few drinks, they may be the dumbest fans here," Buehrle said. "They like to talk to me, and I'll turn around and mess with them. It seems like they can dish it out, but they can't take it. Once you go back and say stuff to them, it seems like they get their hearts broken."

Buehrle said he and his family were the targets of several vulgar remarks before the game. . . .

One fan suggested Buehrle return to Triple-A ball. For the record, Buehrle never pitched at the Triple-A level.

Linky (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/231sd3.htm)

Fredsox
05-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I find it amazing that people actually think highly of that place, especially after reports such as this. I was there yesterday for the first time in over 20 years and my experience was not great.

Good things:
1. The playing field is beautiful and appears to be well-manicured. Just as any Major League park should be.
2. Overall the fans were good. The idiots seemed tied to their consumption of beer as opposed to team affiliation.

Bad things:
1. The place smells like a bathroom on the first level. I mean really. Now I know why some people here refer to it as the Urinal.
2. The walkways and ramps are very narrow, getting up to and down from our seats in the upper deck was very slow and congested. I shudder at the thought of how long it would take to evacuate that place in some sort of an emergency. Comiskey is much more capable of supporting the same number of people is a more safe manner.
3. There were steel girders that obstructed or partially obstructed the view of the field. This certainly affects a significant number of people attending the game.
4. The neighborhood reminded me of Bourbon Street in New Orleans after a night of partying (this was at 430 in the afternoon). Beer cups and puke stains everywhere. Certainly not a place where I feel comfortable taking my family.

I truly cannot understand how anyone could possibly prefer this park over many/most parks in the major leagues.

SoxFan78
05-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I was there on Saturday, and there is no way that this park can be in the upper half of stadiums.

I was in the 20th row of the terrace reserved section, and couldnt see 1st base, any pop flies, or the scoreboard.

They have those little tv's on the poles so you can kind of see the action, but how nice are those?

And getting to the bathroom, forget about it. Had to walk down to the main level to go.

I'll take Comiskey any day over that outdoor bathroom.