PDA

View Full Version : Uribe vs the Cubs

na_na_na_na
05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
The next time we play the Cubs Uribe has to sit. Over the last two years with the sox playing the cubs Uribe has 25 ABs with 1 hit six strike outs two walks and 0 RBIs.

I say the next time we meet put Ozuna or Harris out there.

seanpmurphy
05-23-2005, 12:07 PM
The next time we play the Cubs Uribe has to sit. Over the last two years with the sox playing the cubs Uribe has 25 ABs with 1 hit six strike outs two walks and 0 RBIs.

I say the next time we meet put Ozuna or Harris out there.

But can Ozuna or Harris play mind tricks on the Cubs base runners as well!? :D:

Irishsox1
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
If Uribe doesn't play, then whom is Konerko gonna rip on to the press?

mikehuff
05-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't think he should sit out all three games. He's slumping against everybody right now, it just happened to fall in the middle of the Cubs series.
As for his numbers against the Cubs, I think they should just look at how he matches up against each of the pitchers they put out there again. We really don't have a backup shortstop that I would like to see out there for 3 consecutive games. The defense is still consistent.

balke
05-23-2005, 12:13 PM
I think you should put down the pipe. Another "x did bad for 5 games, he sucks!" thread.

WhiteSoxFan84
why was he hitting ahead of crede? i dont remember the exact lineups everyday, but id bat him 8th maybe even 9th behind the pitcher. i like uribe but he REALLY needs to work on his strikezone and pitch selection. it seems as though he has no discipline at all and is up there trying to hit a HR everytime.

na_na_na_na
I do think intangibles are important(leadership/mind games) but they don't make up for a .040 BA.

mweflen
05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Uribe is streaky. live with it. He'll end up hitting .280 with 20 plus homers. And just who will back him up? Nuff Said.

Besides - he has renewed his favorite player status with me after his D.Lee "deke." That rocks. It's not poor sportsmanship at all - Lee is a fool for listening to an opponent. Is it poor sportsmanship for the catcher to talk smack to a batter, or for a first baseman to jockey for position against a runner? Nope. You go, Juanie!