PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans throwing stuff onto the field

Palehose13
05-23-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm sorry that this may be old news (I was in Toledo this weekend, got 2 sacks), but I did a search and didn't see anything on this.

When I was watching the game Friday afternoon, Dye was catching a fly ball in right field (I think it was in the 8th or 9th) and I noticed that stuff was being thrown at him as he was about to make the catch. It looked like hotdogs or something brown.

Did anyone else see this and/or was anything said (on the broadcast) or reported about this? The TV volume was down for the broadcast (I was in a bar...big surprise)

Sox of White
05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry that this may be old news (I was in Toledo this weekend, got 2 sacks), but I did a search and didn't see anything on this.

When I was watching the game Friday afternoon, Dye was catching a fly ball in right field (I think it was in the 8th or 9th) and I noticed that stuff was being thrown at him as he was about to make the catch. It looked like hotdogs or something brown.

Did anyone else see this and/or was anything said (on the broadcast) or reported about this? The TV volume was down for the broadcast (I was in a bar...big surprise)

Yes, I saw this same thing. Sure looked like hotdogs to me. Furthermore, I went to the game sunday, and I personally witnessed scrub fans throwing various things, mostly food products at White Sox fans as they walked by, said something bad about the scrubs, or sometimes it seemed just because they had nothing better to do.

samram
05-23-2005, 12:10 PM
:knue
"I didn't see anything but ivy and blue skies. Here, read this report about snails."

Palehose13
05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Yes, I saw this same thing. Sure looked like hotdogs to me. Furthermore, I went to the game sunday, and I personally witnessed scrub fans throwing various things, mostly food products at White Sox fans as they walked by, said something bad about the scrubs, or sometimes it seemed just because they had nothing better to do.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who saw it. I was surprised that Dye didn't mention it (in the Buehrle article). Dye claimed that the cub fans weren't bad. :?:

thepaulbowski
05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who saw it. I was surprised that Dye didn't mention it (in the Buehrle article). Dye claimed that the cub fans weren't bad. :?:

Dye did come from Oakland...everything is relative, I guess.

steff
05-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I was surprised that Dye didn't mention it (in the Buehrle article). Dye claimed that the cub fans weren't bad. :?:

A little thing called class... :wink:

seanpmurphy
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
It looked like hotdogs or something brown.

For health and sanitation reasons, please please please tell me they were in fact hot dogs.

Palehose13
05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
A little thing called class... :wink:

What's that? :cool:

Brian26
05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
I'd love to see MLB order the Cubs to clear out the ****ing bleachers for a game if this crap continues.

maurice
05-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Does a day go by when cub fans don't throw something (not just baseballs) onto the field? This is well-known to anybody who's even had the misfortune of watching a game at the Urinal. They frequently need to stop the game to pick up all the crap in the OF.

got 2 sacks

Congrats! Gonna have to change your tag to Dent95. :gulp:

elrod
05-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Maybe when the Cubs come to the Cell, we can just throw the Cub fans onto the field.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2005, 02:10 PM
The sheer frequency and volume of trash that is ROUTINELY thrown onto the field at Chicago's Baseball Shrine is one of the greatest whitewashing jobs ever undertaken by the fair and balanced Chicago news and sports media.

It's Chicago's Mardi Gras. Sweep all the unseemly stuff under the carpet and hope nobody notices.

thepaulbowski
05-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Does a day go by when cub fans don't throw something (not just baseballs) onto the field? This is well-known to anybody who's even had the misfortune of watching a game at the Urinal. They frequently need to stop the game to pick up all the crap in the OF.

Kind of like the beach ball that hit the field late in the game on Sunday. Best fans in baseball.

skobabe8
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
In Wrigley its cute, everywhere else its classless.

Frater Perdurabo
05-23-2005, 02:22 PM
It's Chicago's Mardi Gras. Sweep all the unseemly stuff under the carpet and hope nobody notices.

EXACTLY!

You've hit the nail on the head.

Wrigley Field is Chicago's Mardi Gras: an outlet for people with too much disposable income to quench their burning desire to piss it away.

No wonder "The Urinal" is the perfect name.

miker
05-23-2005, 03:16 PM

It was another Derrick Lee baserunning blunder!

Two of three ain't bad...

oldcomiskey
05-23-2005, 05:46 PM
what Id like to see is any moron who throws a ball back be ejected and/or fined/and or arrested---someones gonna get hurt

ShoelessJoeS
05-23-2005, 06:22 PM
yet another instance as to why cubs fans are drunk idiots

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2005, 07:07 PM
what Id like to see is any moron who throws a ball back be ejected and/or fined/and or arrested---someones gonna get hurt

Not gonna happen, because Cub security guards think it's cute too...Most likely nearly as cute as losing.

Friggen Cub fans give the city of Chicago a bad name and oughtta be banned from the city.