PDA

View Full Version : Frank update: Moving back to Chicago fulltime

Flight #24
05-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Might need to be in "What's the Score" given the source, but I put it here given the various rumors and in general, the importance of Frank to this franchise and IMO to this year's success. Bruce Levine on ESPN1000 reports that Frank told him 2 weeks ago that he's moving back to Chicago fulltime, getting married, and will live in Chicago year-round. He also "won't move anywhere else because he doesn't want to be a part-time dad". Bruce says highly unlikely Frank will accept a trade. Also points out that the Sox could use a bigtime hitter and that Frank is still one.

When asked about his status with the Sox after this year, he also says that given his relationship with JR, his likely performance, and his tenure with the team, that he wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around. No mention of the "conventional wisdom" among the print mediots that KW is determined to get rid of Frank. As he said about DeLuca in regards to Frank being willing to be traded West "He's probably working with old information". IMO, the same is probably true regarding KW's feelings on Frank. By all accounts, he's a pretty good teammate.

soxfan43
05-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Lets hope all that is true. I for one cannot wait for Thomas to get back, with the way the sox have been playing all year getting his bat into the lineup will make things even better. He's gotten a bad rap all these years, this could be the year where he changes that with a great half season or so and a great attitude to go along with it.

downstairs
05-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Bring him on. We're certainly going to hit some bumps in the road soon enough, and probably slow down a bit.

Frank will allow us to lessen this somewhat... as our guys get tired, he's starting his season...

Frater Perdurabo
05-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Why would LeVineline make this up? There must be a kernel of truth to this report even if it's not all 100% true.

:supernana:

It seems to me Frank will be a man on a mission this year and that mission is to win a Wold Series in a White Sox uniform.

Flight #24
05-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Why would LeVineline make this up? There must be a kernel of truth to this report even if it's not all 100% true.

:supernana:

It seems to me Frank will be a man on a mission this year and that mission is to win a Wold Series in a White Sox uniform.

The part about Frank moving back, etc was supposedly told to him directly by Frank in a conversation they had a few weeks ago. I highly doubt that Frank would be moving back if he really expected that he was only going to be here for 3-4 months. That plus the fact that he said he wants to be a "fulltime dad" (i.e. incented to stay here from a personal standpoint) leads me to believe that he thinks they'll be able to work something out long-term. Hopefully an extension at 6-8mil/yr.

spawn
05-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Mac Jurko and Harry had an interview with KW not too long ago, and they talked about Frank. He said Frank came to him, explained where he was coming from, and expressed regret about some of his actions in the past. KW seemed genuine when he said that he was surprised and impressed that Frank approached him, and their relationship has changed for the better because of it. I don't think KW is trying to drive Frank out of town anymore. He seemed to have a whole new level of respect for the Big Hurt.

Palehose13
05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Mac Jurko and Harry had an interview with KW not too long ago, and they talked about Frank. He said Frank came to him, explained where he was coming from, and expressed regret about some of his actions in the past. KW seemed genuine when he said that he was surprised and impressed that Frank approached him, and their relationship has changed for the better because of it. I don't think KW is trying to drive Frank out of town anymore. He seemed to have a whole new level of respect for the Big Hurt.

I hope this is true! It would break my heart to see the big man in another uniform. He needs to retire with the Sox.

Lip Man 1
05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Word of caution....Levine is also the guy who stated two or three weeks ago that 'Frank would be out till July...'

Lip

MUsoxfan
05-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Word of caution....Levine is also the guy who stated two or three weeks ago that 'Frank would be out till July...'

Lip

And that Wes Helms had his bags packed and ready to come to Chicago

Bobbo35
05-24-2005, 07:43 AM
I hope this is true! It would break my heart to see the big man in another uniform. He needs to retire with the Sox.

Frank in another uniform would kill me