PDA

View Full Version : I bet we trade BMac

lowesox
05-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Seems like he's very marketable. I'll be his name comes up in every trade scenario down the stretch. Kenny won't be able to resist making a big splash and in this case, I think it's not such a bad idea.

Hopefully, the player we get in return will be worth it.

NSSoxFan
05-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Seems like he's very marketable. I'll be his name comes up in every trade scenario down the stretch. Kenny won't be able to resist making a big splash and in this case, I think it's not such a bad idea.

No way KW trades McCarthy, none.

shoota
05-23-2005, 12:55 AM

:threadsucks

owensmouth
05-23-2005, 12:56 AM

Hopefully, the player we get in return will be worth it.Notta chance. He's too cheap and too good. He's with the Sox for seven years.

wsoxfan
05-23-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah i'm gonna have to say BMac is the one minor leaguer he won't trade, we have a bunch of OF's who we can trade but pitching is much harder to come by. No way he gets traded, period!

manuelsucks
05-23-2005, 12:57 AM
:thisthreadsucks

Let me help you there:

:threadsucks

BRDSR
05-23-2005, 12:58 AM

What will we trade him for? Honestly. What do we need? A right fielder? Dye has homered in 3 straight. A middle relief pitcher? Maybe, but that doesn't warrant trading our biggest prospect. A starting pitcher? He can fill that role! No chance BMac gets traded. Kenny's head would be on a platter in 2 seconds and he knows it. More importantly, he knows that it would be a poor decision for the organization.

CLR01
05-23-2005, 01:04 AM
What will we trade him for? Honestly. What do we need? A right fielder? Dye has homered in 3 straight. A middle relief pitcher? Maybe, but that doesn't warrant trading our biggest prospect. A starting pitcher? He can fill that role! No chance BMac gets traded. Kenny's head would be on a platter in 2 seconds and he knows it. More importantly, he knows that it would be a poor decision for the organization.

I agree, you'll see Hernandez or Contreras on the market long before McCarthy

lowesox
05-23-2005, 01:07 AM
ARe you guys all new? There's never been a player KEnny wouldn't trade if he didn't think it would make us better. Honestly, who out there would have predicted KW trading Reed away last season? Or even Olivo for that matter?

Sometime around the deadline an superstar will become available and Kenny will trade for him. When he does, most of us will be happy he did.

jabrch
05-23-2005, 01:07 AM
There are only a few circumstances where I can even imagine trading him before he ever has a chance to pitch a few years for us.

It would have to be something so absurd like King George wanting to rebuild - and be willing to pay through his nose - so he trades A-Rod, Flash and a big wad of cash for B-Mac and either Uribe or Crede.

I just don't see it happening. But if something like that was available, and we really felt this year was THE year for the Sox, then I'd find a way to nuzzle up to it. But short of something like that, I don't see it.

doublem23
05-23-2005, 01:09 AM
No way KW trades McCarthy, none.

Same thing was said about Jeremy Reed and that outfielder they traded to Texas for Carl Everett.

lowesox
05-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Kenny's head would be on a platter in 2 seconds and he knows it. More importantly, he knows that it would be a poor decision for the organization.

Disagree. Kenny would get a marquee player back in return and the response would be similar to the REed/Garcia trade. KEnny's approval rating is very high right now, so he can be ever riskier.

balke
05-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Abreu and Wagner for Dye and Mccarthy straight up, I can see it now. Oh wait, no I can't :(:.

SpartanSoxFan
05-23-2005, 01:12 AM
McCartney is going to eventually replace one of the Cubans. There is no possible way this is happening.

jabrch
05-23-2005, 01:13 AM
ARe you guys all new? There's never been a player KEnny wouldn't trade if he didn't think it would make us better. Honestly, who out there would have predicted KW trading Reed away last season? Or even Olivo for that matter?

Sometime around the deadline an superstar will become available and Kenny will trade for him. When he does, most of us will be happy he did.

Can you recognize the difference between Mac and Reed?

And by the way, how'd that Reed/Olivo trade work out for us? We got a great starter who is a key part of our rotation for Reed (who wouldn't be worthy of a spot on the big club while hitting .236/.318/.307/.626) and Olivo who wouldn't be our 4th catcher as he is hitting .150/.181/.250/.431.

I trust KW to evaluate talent - he seems to have done a pretty good job. This is his 4th or 5th year on the job - enough time for his moves to take effect, and look what he has built. We have one of the best teams in MLB and we have a bunch of VERY promising prospects in all levels of the minors.

When are you guys going to open your eyes and realize KW is a good GM?

BTW, how things working out in Oakland for BB? Last place? 9 games under .500? How's Chad Bradford? Joe Blanton? The catcher with titties? Someone refresh my memory on how great he is - you don't hear so much of that stuff anymore. I bet Billy is going to be kicking himself in the seat for not taking the $ from the Red Sox or the Dodgers when it was available.

fquaye149
05-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Same thing was said about Jeremy Reed and that outfielder they traded to Texas for Carl Everett.

that's not true. none of us thought a trade was coming, but none of us said reed was untouchable. OF's like Reed CAN be untouchable at times. However, not when your organization has 2 of the major's top 50 prospects in the outfield in Anderson and Sweeney. On the other hand, it is never safe to trade starting pitching, and B mac, unlike Reed, is now a proven commodity with a much higher ceiling.

And did I mention he is a starting pitcher? There has never been an adage saying: "you can never have too many outfielders".

This is the reason why, unless Crede somehow becomes Scott Rolen, Josh (D?) Fields will not be traded.

BMAC will not be traded. Bank on it. Save this and call me an idiot if he is.

Yes, no one has been untouchable in the past for KW, but that's because no one has warranted being untouchable, no matter what JeremyB1 spews from his wordhole.

jabrch
05-23-2005, 01:14 AM
McCartney is going to eventually replace one of the Cubans. There is no possible way this is happening.

Paul or Linda?

Jjav829
05-23-2005, 01:15 AM
It's possible, though I don't know how likely. If Kenny really feels we're one player away from having a shot at the World Series, I wouldn't be surprised if he did trade McCarthy. I guess it depends on who that one player is and for what position.

Chisox003
05-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Paul or Linda?

I believe he meant Paul....Last I checked Linda was playing a solid 3rd base

Anyway, that was the fastest I've ever seen a "This Thread Sucks" picture come up in a thread, 2 minutes!

However, I second that....B Mac isnt going anywhere, thats just foolish

doublem23
05-23-2005, 01:18 AM
I didn't say he would be traded, I'm just saying that there have been other prospects that a lot of people here were willing to take it to the bank that they'd not be traded either (namely Jeremy Reed and Anthony Webster... that's his name). Honestly, none of us have any control whatsoever over the situation, so there's no need to really fret over it anyway. Considering Kenny Williams has built the team with the best record in baseball to date, I'm willing to cut him a little more slack now that he knows what he's doing. If McCarthey gets traded, I'm sure there'll be a number of posters around here who will act like Armageddon may as well have just occurred.

Some of you guys are really too emotionally attached to a kid who's got a 4.75 ERA in Charlotte. :rolleyes:

:KW
Get off my back. I know what the **** I'm doing.

I hope Branden stays with the Sox and has 20 amazing years ahead of him, but if he ends up getting shipped off, I've got a little faith in KW right now.

owensmouth
05-23-2005, 01:25 AM

I hope Branden stays with the Sox and has 20 amazing years ahead of him, but if he ends up getting shipped off, I've got a little faith in KW right now.Actually, I have more faith in McCarthy

DMarte708
05-23-2005, 01:25 AM
I'd like to echo the sentiments of many here KW will NOT trade McCarthy. McCarthy may find his name inserted in every trade discussion, but I don't believe Wiliams' "Win Now" mentality of trading prospects applies to a future starter. He will be this years Chase Utley.

Has anyone ever questioned whether or not McCarthy's velocity may increase once he begins to fill out his figure? It's certaintly possible, and a thought I'm sure has crossed many minds. If his velocity does improve, we could be talking about a legitimate ace.

Epark84
05-23-2005, 02:00 AM

only if we can get robbie alomar again.

lowesox
05-23-2005, 02:01 AM
Can you recognize the difference between Mac and Reed?

And by the way, how'd that Reed/Olivo trade work out for us? We got a great starter who is a key part of our rotation for Reed (who wouldn't be worthy of a spot on the big club while hitting .236/.318/.307/.626) and Olivo who wouldn't be our 4th catcher as he is hitting .150/.181/.250/.431.

I trust KW to evaluate talent - he seems to have done a pretty good job. This is his 4th or 5th year on the job - enough time for his moves to take effect, and look what he has built. We have one of the best teams in MLB and we have a bunch of VERY promising prospects in all levels of the minors.

When are you guys going to open your eyes and realize KW is a good GM?

BTW, how things working out in Oakland for BB? Last place? 9 games under .500? How's Chad Bradford? Joe Blanton? The catcher with titties? Someone refresh my memory on how great he is - you don't hear so much of that stuff anymore. I bet Billy is going to be kicking himself in the seat for not taking the $ from the Red Sox or the Dodgers when it was available.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote. MY post wasn't a shot at Kenny. While I'll admit, I've opposed a lot of moves he's made in the past, I actually think that he's been doing a pretty good job lately and he's been making me eat my words. In fact, if you read my very first post in this thread I wrote that I actually wouldn't object to trading BMac (for the right player in return) given that this seems like the year to go for it. Not to mention, I think it's possible that many of you are overvalueing BMac.

All I'm saying is don't be shocked if he gets traded away.

One other thing: I'm not one of the Billy Beane supporters, never have been.

Palpidious
05-23-2005, 02:24 AM
you're talkin crazy!!!! he's our replacement for buehrle when he goes to the cards.

MUsoxfan
05-23-2005, 02:56 AM
you're talkin crazy!!!! he's our replacement for buehrle when he goes to the cards.

Buehrle is under contract. Also...you take is joking comments too seriously. McCarthy is a great guy to have and I would be he's on the "untouchable" list at this point in time.

shoota
05-23-2005, 03:13 AM
If McCarthey gets traded, I'm sure there'll be a number of posters around here who will act like Armageddon may as well have just occurred.

I hope Branden stays with the Sox and has 20 amazing years ahead of him, but if he ends up getting shipped off, I've got a little faith in KW right now.

That's funny and you don't even know it. Like the Barry/Berry trade, KW would keep Branden McCarthey on the team but trade away Brandon McCarthy.

And it was all said with a KW quote: "Get off my back. I know what the **** I'm doing. haha, you sure do KW. :D:

MHOUSE
05-23-2005, 05:04 AM
No way McCarthy gets dealt. If he continues to impress then he'll be the 6th starter should somebody get hurt or really start getting shelled. McCarthy is very valuable and young. He can start when needed for the next 2 seasons before he takes over a spot in the rotation. Outfield prospects are a dime a dozen considering we dealt Reed and still have Anderson and Sweeney, but even then neither will likely see MLB action this season. You trade from a surplus to improve, we have outfielders so they'll get dealt first. Plus, what do we really need that would cost a top pitching prospect?

Also, how come whenever a young pitcher comes up on a good team they are automatically trade bait? When the Yankees brought up Wang the first thing ESPN said was that he would be traded midseason. Solid young pitching is hard to find and especially valuable when middle of the rotation guys are getting 3 year/$24 million.

The Racehorse
05-23-2005, 05:08 AM
I bet we don't.

Realist
05-23-2005, 06:57 AM
He ain't goin' no place. I can't even imagine a trade with McCarthy involved that would make this team stronger. There's a very good chance we're going to need McCarthy to pitch for long stretches of the season if one of our starting 5 might need to take some time off for awhile. Not having him on our team at that time digs us a pretty good sized hole.

[between you, me and the goal post, I think he's a future ace and potential Hall of Famer.]

veeter
05-23-2005, 07:03 AM
I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to ask for him. Wait a minute Steve Phillips was a GM someone will be stupid enough.

hose
05-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Anything is possible but I think it's very unlikely that McCarthy gets dealt.

Gio and Anderson otoh.......:(:

ChicagoHoosier
05-23-2005, 08:32 AM
only if we can get robbie alomar again.

I was just going to say at least we can't trade for Crazy Carl for a 3rd straight year.

wdelaney72
05-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Thank God, this was taken care of on the first page of the thread. *****.

:threadblows:

Flight #24
05-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Just remember - a major reason Reed was traded was because they had Anderson & Sweeney riding up his heels, remember the "big board" that only lost Olivo?

Not the same for McCarthy. Gio's probably the next guy and he's nowhere near close. Especially when you consider the vagaries of young pitching - a guy who's at the majors and has shown some success is worth infinitely more than a guy who's a few levels down.

I'd expect one of Anderson/Sweeney to go and possibly Gio/Liotta/Tracey. But not McCarthy.

nasox
05-23-2005, 09:06 AM

A beatle in baseball? Wow.

ChiSoxBobette
05-23-2005, 09:18 AM

There ain'nt no way Williams is going to trade this guy before he gets a chance to show how good he is, I think McCarthy is here to stay, now what may happen is one of the cubans may get traded.

Tragg
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM

You're joking, right. We're going to trade a pitcher who throws nothing but strikes and darts in his debut?
That would be absolutely insane.

kevingrt
05-23-2005, 10:15 AM
You're joking, right. We're going to trade a pitcher who throws nothing but strikes and darts in his debut?
That would be absolutely insane.

Think what we could get for this kid though... I don't know if we exactly need anything, maybe a power hitter but where would he play? But McCarthy's trade value is like on the roof. I love Mac though and hope he stays with the team. El Duque and Contreras won't be with the team much past this year and Mac would fit perfectly with JG, Burly, and Garcia.

Hitmen77
05-23-2005, 10:16 AM
:wink: I'm kind of glad to get rid of McCarthy. They'll be better without him anyway.

Should this be in teal?

Frater Perdurabo
05-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I don't want to see the Sox trade McCarthy, either.

However, if you were KW, would you trade McCarthy for Vlad Guerrero? Todd Helton? Alex Rodriguez? Albert Pujols? Mark Teixeira?

If there was a player out there who you believed would all but guarantee a World Series victory, would you still keep McCarthy?

Hitmen77
05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
There's NO WAY the Sox are going to trade McCarthy - especially with El Duque's questionable ability to make it through a season and Contraras's past lack of consistency throughout a season. Anyone who seriously thinks we're going to trade this kid in the near future must be on crack.

By the way, the Reed-Olivo trade is not a good example because they were NOT starting pitchers. In fact, we parted with them to get a quality starting pitcher.

Hitmen77
05-23-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't want to see the Sox trade McCarthy, either.

However, if you were KW, would you trade McCarthy for Vlad Guerrero? Todd Helton? Alex Rodriguez? Albert Pujols? Mark Teixeira?

If there was a player out there who you believed would all but guarantee a World Series victory, would you still keep McCarthy?

But, if we trade McCarthy for a slugger and El Duque or Contraras goes down, aren't we back to where we were in the past few years - with a slugger, but also with practially a guaranteed loss every 5th game because we can't find a starter that will give up less than 8 runs a game?

chaerulez
05-23-2005, 10:26 AM
The only way BMac is going anywhere is if someone like Bobby Abreu was offered, or maybe a Mark Teixeria/Hank Blalock... even then it would be really debatable if that would be worth it. In my mind, no it looks like BMac is going to be a real special pitcher... don't forget we have Anderson in the minors who has the chance to turn into a solid major leaguer.

Tragg
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Think what we could get for this kid though... I don't know if we exactly need anything, maybe a power hitter but where would he play? But McCarthy's trade value is like on the roof. I love Mac though and hope he stays with the team. El Duque and Contreras won't be with the team much past this year and Mac would fit perfectly with JG, Burly, and Garcia.

The price of mid-season rentals has been nosediving. The one weakness I see with KW is his insistence on paying top price for players (minor deals, which have worked out well, excluded). No one gives up their top prospects in mid-season rentals anymore - the days of garcia, halama, et al to rent Johnson are long gone.

We're on a budget - the more dirt-cheap players like McCarthy we can put on our staff, the more we can spend on free-agents. Adding McCarthy and one of the outfielders in the next year or two, will free up money to pursue other players, or perhaps sign our own pitchers.
Dye, Everett, Duque--->stopgaps who will roll off the payroll in the next few years. Replace with McCarthy and one of the outfielders, and we can pay MB and JG their market value, as well as get a couple of top-flight hitters in here.
We've got a good team that has a shot; make additions for a reasonable price, yes - but shoot the wad for this year? Anything can happen in short series - the best team frequently doesn't win the WX. So I'd prefer to see us have contending teams for the next 10 years - and if we do, I'm confident we'll score at least one that takes the prize.

seanpmurphy
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
1.) I find it humorous a lot of people are spouting off with opinions and can't even spell the man's name right.

2.) As a couple of people have asked/pointed out, who would we want? More power to we're last years team all over again? We do have Big Frank coming back, there is a player with power for free. Also, I don't think McCarthy is enough right now to warrant some of these huge names people have thrown around. Guerrero? Pujols? Let's get real for a second.

3.) I think in time it isn't crazy to say he will replace on of the Cubans. People like to talk about Contreras and Hernandez as being iffy with their durability in other threads, so why would we want to ditch our first option if one of them goes down? I'm not jumping on the McCarthy bandwagon after just one start (Who thought Garland was going to be 8-0 after just his first start?) but he's definitely a person we should atl east keep an eye on before we start getting crazy about trading him away, most likely for a player we don't need.

kittle42
05-23-2005, 11:54 AM
1.) I find it humorous a lot of people are spouting off with opinions and can't even spell the man's name right..

You are my new hero.:bandance:

seanpmurphy
05-23-2005, 11:55 AM
You are my new hero.:bandance:

:D: Thanks:bandance:

tstrike2000
05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Three words for a winning formula: pitching, pitching, and pitching. Winning baseball is first built on pitching and defense. With how the team is doing right now, pitching has to stay consistant and McCarthy gives us the best shot if we need another starter. Even if BMac's trade value is high, there's a 100% chance he will not be traded this season for a multitude of reasons. First, there's no glaring need for another position player to trade for right now, the obvious need for an injury fill in at starter, weaknesses in the bullpen, and a stud starter for the future. The only two guys in the bullpen who could probably spot start are Cotts and Hermanson. We desparately need Hermanson for late inning support and we know how well Cotts did in the 5th spot. After seeing the type of stuff McCarthy has, ability to spot the fastball, the tight rotation and location of his curve ball, without even featuring his changeup against the Scrubs, this guy is the real deal.

Sxy Mofo
05-23-2005, 01:01 PM
The only way we trade McCarthy is if we get a more proven starting pitcher. But with the way he performed in spring training and yesterday, it'd have to be a very solid veteran.

We can't afford to give up a valuable 6th starter to get another position player. The only place we need serious improvement is at 3rd. Pods, rowand, dye, and everett (once in a while) make a good outfield, short, second, first and catcher are solid. You don't give up starting pitching to marginally improve a position. Pitching is way, way, way too valuable.

Hokiesox
05-23-2005, 01:42 PM

:?: "Help! I need somebody, Help!"

tacosalbarojas
05-23-2005, 01:47 PM
1.) I find it humorous a lot of people are spouting off with opinions and can't even spell the man's name right.

2.) As a couple of people have asked/pointed out, who would we want? More power to we're last years team all over again? We do have Big Frank coming back, there is a player with power for free. Also, I don't think McCarthy is enough right now to warrant some of these huge names people have thrown around. Guerrero? Pujols? Let's get real for a second.

3.) I think in time it isn't crazy to say he will replace on of the Cubans. People like to talk about Contreras and Hernandez as being iffy with their durability in other threads, so why would we want to ditch our first option if one of them goes down? I'm not jumping on the McCarthy bandwagon after just one start (Who thought Garland was going to be 8-0 after just his first start?) but he's definitely a person we should atl east keep an eye on before we start getting crazy about trading him away, most likely for a player we don't need.Well said all the way around!

mccoydp
05-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I agree, you'll see Hernandez or Contreras on the market long before McCarthy

On that note, Hernandez long before Contreras.

miker
05-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Isn't this Garland's last contract year? Isn't his agent Boras? :(:

BMac stays and has a job next year.

Frater Perdurabo
05-23-2005, 04:03 PM

I think the Sox still "own" his rights for another year after this.

DaleJRFan
05-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I bet we trade BMac

(shaking head in disbelief)

I doubt anything I add to this has not been already said, so I'll stop here.

Hitmen77
05-23-2005, 04:54 PM

Please say it ain't so!

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I think McCarthy is as close to as untradable as possible.

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 05:01 PM

BMac stays and has a job next year.No and I know for a fact that Garland's agent isn't Scott Boras. Garland is under contract next year.

Fenway
05-23-2005, 05:04 PM
KW is not stupid

McCarthy is the best insurance he has with the 2 Cubans.

If anybody is traded it will be Frank since

1 He WON'T be back next year at 10M ( they will buy him out )

2 They winning without him

3 Somebody out there will need his bat

balke
05-23-2005, 05:15 PM
KW is not stupid

While anything is possible, I don't see many teams in the market for frank. The teams that might need him are Seattle, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Angels, Kansas City. Maybe if you were trading for Hillenbrand, Toronto.

I don't see him going to any of those places for a variety of reasons.

Flight #24
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
KW is not stupid

McCarthy is the best insurance he has with the 2 Cubans.

Oy vey.

- Frank has to accept a trade. He's just moving back to Chicago fulltime so that he can spend more time with his kids, plus he's just getting married. Think he's going to leave a first place team and his home? No approval, no trade.

- He won't be back at $10MM, but see above and below as to why he'll probably be back at some other, lower rate (say $7M)

- Winning without him means they don't need to improve their weakest area? Are you paid by the Cubune?

- The Sox need his bat. With their pitching & D, they've gotten by with average hitting. If they want to significant increase their chances of making and winning in the playoffs, they'll need to have the ability to score big on occasion. They could make a trade for a hitter.....or keep the hall of famer they already have.

Sheesh, I'dve thought you knew better.

soxwon
05-23-2005, 05:20 PM
DROP the BMAC that is so un-original

bmac is Bernie Mac
jack mcdowell wasnt jmac he was blackjack

BRAND M is tough sounding
Brand em" BRAND M
and instead of k's we make signs for M.

BRAND M- is original

bmac sounds like a burger if burger king and mcdonalds merged

BRAND M FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mickster
05-23-2005, 05:25 PM

bmac is Bernie Mac

Brand em" BRAND M

BRAND M- is original

:?: How 'bout we call him Brandon McCarthy?

kittle42
05-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Can't people just call him Brandon McCarthy?

soxwon
05-23-2005, 05:26 PM
:?: How 'bout we call him Brandon McCarthy?

sounds good to me.

Sxy Mofo
05-23-2005, 05:28 PM

No... I'd say it sounds like mcdonalds on it's own.

santo=dorf
05-23-2005, 05:33 PM

bmac is Bernie Mac

Brand em" BRAND M

BRAND M- is original

This thread has gone from sucky to unbelievably stupid.

Soxwon, I previously told you that McCarthy has posted here before with "BMAC" in his user name.

balke
05-23-2005, 05:35 PM

In the internet world of CLee, PK, Frank, MB, FG, JG, DH, Marte, Vizz, Cotts, Crazy Carl, A-Rod, F-Rod, I-Rod, Brandon Mccarthy has too many letters, and too much potential for Typos.... which we've already seen the spelling nerds come out and harass people for.

I don't like Brand M at all... B-mac is easy, and everyone knows what it is. Outside the internet, it should probably always be Mccarthy.

Sxy Mofo
05-23-2005, 05:39 PM
In the internet world of CLee, PK, Frank, MB, FG, JG, DH, Marte, Vizz, Cotts, Crazy Carl, A-Rod, F-Rod, I-Rod, Brandon Mccarthy has too many letters, and too much potential for Typos.... which we've already seen the spelling nerds come out and harass people for.

I don't like Brand M at all... B-mac is easy, and everyone knows what it is. Outside the internet, it should probably always be Mccarthy.

You forgot brb, lol, lmao, ***, and the gayest of them all lololololololololololol.

It does take a while to type out McCarthy, and for many of us who post at work, time is of the essence, thus the name needs to be shortened. I think it's the capital C in the middle of his name that gives me time problems.

And posting on ridiculous items such as this.

seanpmurphy
05-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Brandon

We call him The Don!

Always a pleasure to contribute to a thread gone silly.

soxwon
05-23-2005, 06:02 PM
This thread has gone from sucky to unbelievably stupid.

Soxwon, I previously told you that McCarthy has posted here before with "BMAC" in his user name.

its time for him to use BRAND M then.
wait till hawk calls him that.

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Brandon

We call him The Don!

Always a pleasure to contribute to a thread gone silly.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1a/180px-Brando_as_don_corleone.jpg
That name belongs to me!

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm so glad the A-Rod to boston deal didn't go through but not because of Magg$ but because of McCarthy. McCarthy was the Minor League Pitcher in that deal that Boston would've gotten.

Hitmen77
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM

...or Brandon McCartney

Randar68
05-23-2005, 08:41 PM

Wow, you never disappoint to lead in "Most pointless, negative, and just plain stupid posts" of every baseball season.

Good to see you jumping out to a big lead...

owensmouth
05-23-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm so glad the A-Rod to boston deal didn't go through but not because of Magg$ but because of McCarthy. McCarthy was the Minor League Pitcher in that deal that Boston would've gotten.But we coulda had Garciapoopy for our own DL

Chisox003
05-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Wow, you never disappoint to lead in "Most pointless, negative, and just plain stupid posts" of every baseball season.

Good to see you jumping out to a big lead...

You're signature is the worst...

Not only is that deal retarded, it would never happen....

Oh wait, I forgot if we bench Konerko we have Gload waiting in the wings, he could fill in nicely in the middle of a pennant race.....:rolleyes:

I do agree with you, Lowesox has started a really stupid thread here...But you're signature only contributes to the madness

Randar68
05-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh wait, I forgot if we bench Konerko we have Gload waiting in the wings, he could fill in nicely in the middle of a pennant race.....:rolleyes:

I do agree with you, Lowesox has started a really stupid thread here...But you're signature only contributes to the madness

You missed the thread that spun it so perhaps you should not comment about that which you do not know.

Helton is on the block because Colorado owes him a ton of money through 2010 or so. Not only that, but you'd have to be drunk, high, on 'ludes, and amphetamines in addition to being dumb as a rock to not want Todd Helton over GIDPauly and his half-season-on/half-season-off "consistency"...

Todd Helton puts up .430 OBP's on the road in a "bad year"...

balke
05-23-2005, 09:09 PM
You missed the thread that spun it so perhaps you should not comment about that which you do not know.

Helton is on the block because Colorado owes him a ton of money through 2010 or so. Not only that, but you'd have to be drunk, high, on 'ludes, and amphetamines in addition to being dumb as a rock to not want Todd Helton over GIDPauly and his half-season-on/half-season-off "consistency"...

Todd Helton puts up .430 OBP's on the road in a "bad year"...

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for Pujols, let alone Helton.

Randar68
05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for Pujols, let alone Helton.

Uhhhh, ok...

BTW, I wouldn't take Helton without Colorado throwing in a bunch of money, which they did on Mike Hampton and Texas did on ARod.

balke
05-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Uhhhh, ok...

BTW, I wouldn't take Helton without Colorado throwing in a bunch of money, which they did on Mike Hampton and Texas did on ARod.

Okay, maybe I'd take Pujols for it :D: I'd like him for half a mil less a year though. :wink:

Podzilla_40
05-23-2005, 09:33 PM
What would Colorado say to an offer of Anderson/Borchard/Konerko/Diaz or Munoz?

Anderson and Borchard could hit 25-30 HR at Coors.

...maybe this should be in teal.

soxfanreggie
05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
No Chance In Heck!

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 11:05 PM
What would Colorado say to an offer of Anderson/Borchard/Konerko/Diaz or Munoz?

Anderson and Borchard could hit 25-30 HR at Coors.

...maybe this should be in teal.Wow and Diaz was great about not giving up the homer as he only 13 HR in 49.1 innings. Imagine how he would do in Colorado.

Hangar18
05-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Notta chance. He's too cheap and too good. He's with the Sox for seven years.

Hes with us for 7 years, or til hes arbitration eligible (5yrs?), at which point,
he'll be so good, they'll trade him to the mets for an aging Kaz Matsui

Frater Perdurabo
05-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Hes with us for 7 years, or til hes arbitration eligible (5yrs?), at which point,
he'll be so good, they'll trade him to the mets for an aging Kaz Matsui

In interests of full disclosure, I'll remind everyone that you were the most vocal for signing Kaz Matsui... :redneck

Your reasons for argiung that point were solid, however, and thank goodness KW signed Iguchi one year later instead!

:bandance:

Cowhead418
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Knucksie
05-24-2005, 05:54 PM

Maybe BMac will replace Garland next year and someone else fills the void of being plan B for the Cubans next year.

StillMissOzzie
05-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Take this for what it's worth, consider the source, blah blah blah: Just heard this rumor on MJ & H: Crede and McCarthy for Eric Chavez, currently underwhelming them at 3B for the A's. I hope KW says NO.

1) McCarthy is currently insurance for the Cuban twosome
2) Garland has another year of arbitration eligibility, and I would imagine that they will go to arbitration next year.
3) MJ & H said that Chavez now at .219, 4 HRs. He's farther off his norm, but not much of a change from Crede at this point in time.

SMO
:gulp:

balke
05-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Take this for what it's worth, consider the source, blah blah blah: Just heard this rumor on MJ & H: Crede and McCarthy for Eric Chavez, currently underwhelming them at 3B for the A's. I hope KW says NO.

1) McCarthy is currently insurance for the Cuban twosome
2) Garland has another year of arbitration eligibility, and I would imagine that they will go to arbitration next year.
3) MJ & H said that Chavez now at .219, 4 HRs. He's farther off his norm, but not much of a change from Crede at this point in time.

SMO
:gulp:

Worst "deal" ever. A Bullpen that is thinning in talent, and a staff that has lucked out on injuries so far. That would be like trading our season away for the bat you said we were going to try and win without.

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Worst "deal" ever. A Bullpen that is thinning in talent, and a staff that has lucked out on injuries so far. That would be like trading our season away for the bat you said we were going to try and win without.The sox could trade for a 3rd basemen without having to give up McCarthy. His name is Joe Randa! Didn't KW say something like he was surprised how low the price was for the Mulder and Hudson because he offered McCarthy and Beane said no.

balke
05-24-2005, 07:46 PM
The sox could trade for a 3rd basemen without having to give up McCarthy. His name is Joe Randa! Didn't KW say something like he was surprised how low the price was for the Mulder and Hudson because he offered McCarthy and Beane said no.

That may have happened, but I think Beane more than anything wanted to make sure his pitchers went to the National League to save his franchise certain embarassment. Not to say he already didn't nationally embarass himself with those trades.

Joel Perez
05-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Mods, when is this piece of basura going to the Roadhouse???

Hitmen77
06-01-2005, 09:39 AM

Where are you getting your information? According to the Sun-Times: "Joe Crede is the only Sox player who's a Boras client."

I guess that means that Joe will be asking for $15million/year for 5 years when his contract is up.