PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 5/22

Lip Man 1
05-22-2005, 10:24 PM
From the new Phil Rogers column in the Tribune Sunday night:

"No wonder Baker was so steamed at Juan Uribe for his lack of professional courtesy in the first inning.

Uribe told Lee that Jeromy Burnitz's shot down the first-base line was foul as Lee chugged into second, causing him to momentarily stop before third-base coach Chris Speier waved him to third. He was stranded there when Scott Podsednik caught Ramirez's wicked liner, keeping the Cubs from scoring a run they should have had.

"That's not proper etiquette," Baker complained.

Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure Guillen liked it. Heck, he was probably the one who taught Uribe that trick."

Dusty...you can shove that toothpick up your ass. That's baseball Dusty! Same as the hidden ball trick.

When Sosa used a corked bat was that 'proper etiquette?'

Lee was so friggin stupid for listening to a player on the other team instead of picking up his third base coach....why don't you get pissed at him instead?

What a moron.

Lip

Brian26
05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Lee was so friggin stupid for listening to a player on the other team instead of picking up his third base coach....why don't you get pissed at him instead?

Lee's baserunning today was HORRID. Late in the game, he couldn't make it from first to third on a very slowly hit ball that just scooted through the right side. He seemed to have his head up his ass for the entire series (including the pickoff yesterday). I'm totally unimpressed with the guy on the basepaths.

He may have some talent at the plate, but he looks like he's got all of the instincts and baseball smarts of D'Angelo Jiminez.

seanpmurphy
05-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Is Zambrano pointing at the opposing dugouts and doing all kinds of ridiculous crap on the field, not to mention beaning players, proper ettiquette?

:whiner: = Dusty

South Side
05-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Derrek Lee even said it served him right for falling for it and he wouldn't let it happen again. Dusty is an idiot.

voodoochile
05-22-2005, 10:38 PM

"No wonder Baker was so steamed at Juan Uribe for his lack of professional courtesy in the first inning.

Uribe told Lee that Jeromy Burnitz's shot down the first-base line was foul as Lee chugged into second, causing him to momentarily stop before third-base coach Chris Speier waved him to third. He was stranded there when Scott Podsednik caught Ramirez's wicked liner, keeping the Cubs from scoring a run they should have had.

Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure Guillen liked it. Heck, he was probably the one who taught Uribe that trick."

Dusty...you can shove that toothpick up your ass. That's baseball Dusty! Same as the hidden ball trick.

What a moron.

Lip

Maybe if Dusty spent more time running his baseball club and teaching guys the right way to play instead of letting the inmates run the asylum, things might be better up north.

This is a symptom of a greater disease that is part of the lovable loser mystique that pervades the ball club. It's not new, Dusty's merely the latest carrier in a long line of ineptitude.

There is a fair amount of talent on that team even with the loss of Nomar. The fact that they play such terrible baseball is an indictment of the guy running the show. The fact that he is calling out Sox players for fooling the guys he is supposed to be teaching not to be fooled is an even bigger sign that Dusty and the flubbies are getting ready to do the el-foldo... what the heck, June is nearly here...

FarWestChicago
05-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Maybe if Dusty spent more time running his baseball club and teaching guys the right way to play instead of letting the inmates run the asylum, things might be better up north.

This is a symptom of a greater disease that is part of the lovable loser mystique that pervades the ball club. It's not new, Dusty's merely the latest carrier in a long line of ineptitude.

There is a fair amount of talent on that team even with the loss of Nomar. The fact that they play such terrible baseball is an indictment of the guy running the show. The fact that he is calling out Sox players for fooling the guys he is supposed to be teaching not to be fooled is an even bigger sign that Dusty and the flubbies are getting ready to do the el-foldo... what the heck, June is nearly here...Dustbin had very savvy, veteran teams in SF. And he still managed to blow the Series and wear out his welcome. He is doing exactly what I expected with the Flubbies. :redneck

MUsoxfan
05-23-2005, 01:53 AM

Lip

We all know Dusty is the King of Class

34rancher
05-23-2005, 06:48 AM
What I am surprised that no one has pointed out was that Lee never even once looked at his third base coach. Watch again. That is his own fault, he did not follow rule number one inrunning the bases.

SOXintheBURGH
05-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Dustbin had very savvy, veteran teams in SF. And he still managed to blow the Series and wear out his welcome. He is doing exactly what I expected with the Flubbies. :redneck

Exactly. Put Barry Bonds and 74 HRs in my line up and I'll look like a genius too. Crusty = Chode.

ChiSoxBobette
05-23-2005, 08:16 AM

What a moron.

Lip

This whole thing about Uribe doing this is a joke, I've seen plenty of time when ballplayers try to fake the baserunner out by holding up thier hands as if the ump has called a foul ball but because we do it its bush league, if bakers boys had done it it would have been a great play, as it is from all of the coverage in the chicago newspapers you would have thought the White Sox got swept by the scrubs. This towns media sucks, maybe thats why Ozzie went wild after the game.

ode to veeck
05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Dustbin had very savvy, veteran teams in SF. And he still managed to blow the Series and wear out his welcome. He is doing exactly what I expected with the Flubbies

Flub fans, being what they, are will take forever and a day to figure this out too

Jerko
05-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I hope nobody ever pulls the old "hidden ball trick" on ole Dust. He'd really go over the edge then.

kevingrt
05-23-2005, 09:09 AM
What Uribe did was the definition of "smart ball." Brilliant move that saved the team from a run. Baker as a previous user said before can shove all his toothpicks up his arse. Sad end to the game, but we were able to take a lolt of positives out of it.

Brandon McCarthy= :supernana:

alohafri
05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Not related to Lip's original post, but I heard a good one in the upper deck men's room yesterday (which was about 1000 degrees farenheit).

"If they'd turn down the damn heat in here, we might be able to afford some pitching!"

Iwritecode
05-23-2005, 11:53 AM
What I am surprised that no one has pointed out was that Lee never even once looked at his third base coach. Watch again. That is his own fault, he did not follow rule number one inrunning the bases.

No kidding. I thought it was taught in little league to keep running until you're told to stop by the umpire or a coach...

maurice
05-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Lee didn't score because Lee is a dumbass. Ozzie is right. Uribe made a smart play. Baker and Konerko can ****.

mweflen
05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Lee didn't score because Lee is a dumbass. Ozzie is right. Uribe made a smart play. Baker and Konerko can ****.

This pretty much sums it up :D:

Uribe was already my favorite player to watch, and this just bumps up my respect for him even more. I love the way he'll put a tag on a guy and keep pushing his glove against their leg to knock them off the bag. Also cool are his weirdo off-balance cannon throws, the way he runs like a mini-Babe Ruth, and the way he looks like he's falling over swinging. As long as he has his streaks, and executed sac-flies/bunts when he's not hitting well, he's tops in my book.