PDA

View Full Version : The Mediots vs. Ozzie

Viva Medias B's
05-22-2005, 09:33 PM
How much do you want to bet that the mediots tear Ozzie a new one not necessarily because he pulled McCarthy but because he had the nerve to swear at the beloved Professor?

LuvSox
05-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Brad Palmer is a dweebie jag wanna-be jock. I'm surprised he doesn't do mornings for WGN.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Brad Palmer SUX!!! I'm a big fan of Ozzie however even I don't agree with the move.

Nellie_Fox
05-23-2005, 02:35 AM
I didn't hear what you guys are talking about, but I actually liked the move Ozzie made getting McCarthy out of there while it was still definitely a positive experience for him. I figure that anybody on their first major league start has got to have so much adrenaline pumping that they'll run out of gas earlier than they normally would. The Sox have an excellent bullpen. Let the kid get out of the game while he's still feeling good about his performance. Okay, it didn't work out. Maybe leaving him in wouldn't have either.

IowaSox1971
05-23-2005, 02:58 AM
It was the right move to take McCarthy out of the game. It was obvious that when he hit Lee with the pitch he was starting to lose his command. Also, fatigue probably was a factor. He didn't find out until Friday night that he would be pitching Sunday afternoon in Wrigley Field, and there are a lot of things that a young player who has never been in the big leagues before needs to take care of, such as ticket requests and other personal things. By the sixth inning, he probably was running on fumes, and facing Ramirez at that point was not the best matchup for him. If Ramirez hits a homer at that point, then McCarthy gets the loss and everyone's wondering why Ozzie left him in. We have a good bullpen, and it was not wrong to bring Vizcaino in at that point of the game.

I really don't care if Ozzie got mad at Brad Palmer or not.

MUsoxfan
05-23-2005, 03:06 AM
It was the right move to take McCarthy out of the game. It was obvious that when he hit Lee with the pitch he was starting to lose his command. Also, fatigue probably was a factor. He didn't find out until Friday night that he would be pitching Sunday afternoon in Wrigley Field, and there are a lot of things that a young player who has never been in the big leagues before needs to take care of, such as ticket requests and other personal things. By the sixth inning, he probably was running on fumes, and facing Ramirez at that point was not the best matchup for him. If Ramirez hits a homer at that point, then McCarthy gets the loss and everyone's wondering why Ozzie left him in. We have a good bullpen, and it was not wrong to bring Vizcaino in at that point of the game.

I really don't care if Ozzie got mad at Brad Palmer or not.

I'm gonna have to agree. Our bullpen has been pretty reliable and **** happens. I'll gladly take 2/3 from the Cubs and a AAA pitcher that outperformed the second coming of Christ.