PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle fires right back at Cubs fans

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Click Here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050522&content_id=1059471&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Sweet to see Buehrle sticking up for himself! He should've just pulled out his stats and than compared them to Kerry Wood's.

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah that was pretty sweet what Buehrle did. Sweeping Wrigley Field with a broom. Haha that's classic. And the "Go back to Triple-A" comments by Cub fans? It's great how Buehrle says "I have never been there in the first place." That article was great.:thumbsup:

PAPChiSox729
05-22-2005, 08:07 PM
"What was the dumbest thing I heard?" Buehrle said. "I heard a couple of guys tell me, 'Go back to Triple-A.' I have no clue where that came from. I've never been there and with a 7-1 record, I don't know what you need to do to go back to Charlotte.

This coming from fans of a team that has Sergio Mitre in their rotation.
:rolleyes:

LuvSox
05-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv Buehrle!!!!!

Shorty1983
05-22-2005, 08:39 PM
I just got off the phone with a friend and explained how she was embarrassed of being a Cubs fan. They attended today's game. She and her younger newphews were standing by the parklot waiting for Cubs players and maybe get a autograph. After waiting a couple hours Latroy Hawkins and Todd Wellimeyer were boo'ed outside the stadium. Following BP and shagging balls Jerry Hairston was also being taunted by Cubs fans. She also witnessed 2 fights that broke out after the game inside and 1 fight outside. She also said that there were tons of drunk Cubs fans pee'ing outside the stadium who ruined the whole experience to alot of families. After hearing what MB said about bleacher bums, this takes the cake for the most ignorant fans.

BearSox
05-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Should we be worried that he's still shagging BP balls following his spring training injury?

huntz
05-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Do CUbs fans really, really, really know anything about baseball or do they just show up to party at Wrigley because it's their thing to do? :?:

guillen4life13
05-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Do CUbs fans really, really, really know anything about baseball or do they just show up to party at Wrigley because it's their thing to do? :?:

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers? :rolleyes:

Welcome to WSI! :)

Flames24Rulz
05-22-2005, 09:47 PM
i can understand Hawkins being booed, but what did Wellemeyer and Hairston do? i have to question if those "fans" know anything about the game. i'm thinking they probably don't even know who Wellemeyer and Hairston are.

huntz
05-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers? :rolleyes:

Welcome to WSI! :)

Thanx. Happy to be here.

Brian26
05-22-2005, 10:10 PM
She also said that there were tons of drunk Cubs fans pee'ing outside the stadium who ruined the whole experience to alot of families.

Just wait until the Jimmy Buffett concert. People will be swimming in their own urine.

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 10:12 PM
She also said that there were tons of drunk Cubs fans pee'ing outside the stadium who ruined the whole experience to alot of families.
A Cardinals fan once told me that when he was at a Cubs-Cardinals game at the Urinal that a Cards fan was peed on by a bunch of Cub fans. Cub fans are the classiest of the bunch.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shorty1983

Just wait until the Jimmy Buffett concert. People will be swimming in their own urine.They don't call it the Urinal for nothing.

Jjav829
05-22-2005, 10:52 PM
LOL! That's good stuff.

"These fans, some of the fans out in the bleachers, once they have had a few drinks, they may be some of the dumbest fans here," said Buehrle with a smile. "They like taunting me, and I'm going to turn around and mess with them."

Oh come on, Buehrle, some? Once they get a few drinks? You know you wanted to say they're all dumb, sober or not. :smile:

I like Josh's idea. Buehrle should have just taken a career stat sheet with him to the outfield and read out his career stats vs. Wood's career stats. Not like Cubs fans would have understood, but it would have been funny. :thumbsup:

Realist
05-22-2005, 11:09 PM
I scored some tickets in section 131 (behind the Sox dugout) for the finale of the series and I was surrounded by nothing but very high class Cubs fans. I was actually very surprised.

They were very cordial hosts. They went out of their way to compliment us on the great season the Sox are having and the baseball talk would have made this site proud.

Of course the fact that we had already won the first two games and the series probably had a big factor in all of this. Still the same, I had a great time at the game and I kinda wish there was some way to thank the Cubs fans for the experience. (I can't for the life of me believe that I just typed that or feel that way, but it's the truth)

There were some very very classy Cubs fans in our section that rooted for their team with all their hearts at the same time showed tremendous respect for our boys. Plenty of them gave BMac a standing ovation along with us as he left the game. I'm kind of in a state of pleasant shock.

Just stay the hell away from the bleachers. I've sat out there for some Sox-Cubs games before and there's no doubt that those Cubs fans are for the most part just plain fools.

CardinalFanSox56
05-22-2005, 11:31 PM
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv Buehrle!!!!!

Same here! Hes awesome. I love it how me being a cardinal fan and all you white sox fan hate the cubs...its funny.

Sox of White
05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
I sat in the upper deck sunday and there were some really dumb, drunk, and ignorant scrub fans. Two in particular must have been drunk before the game even started. These two kept starting various disrespectful chants, and when Sox fans got back at them, their only responses were, "Sox suck" or "scoreboard." The fact that the Sox had already won the series was foreign to them. They kept trying to make a point that one game won is better than two. But, the funniest thing by far was when the Sox were in the lead and the head drunk said, "give us a break, we're playing the best team in the League." That took the cake. Of course he followed this statement with, "Sox suck," which obviously contradicts his previous statement, but hey, that's scrub logic for ya.

Max Power
05-23-2005, 10:34 AM
I was leaving the bleachers after the Sunday game and I couldn't believe how excited the Cubs fans were about winning 1 game. They're high fiving each other and chanting "Sox suck," etc. I've never seen people so happy to win 1 of 3 vs. a rival and be 3 games under .500. It was sad, but I was laughing.

Mickster
05-23-2005, 10:35 AM
"These fans, some of the fans out in the bleachers, once they have had a few drinks, they may be some of the dumbest fans here," said Buehrle with a smile. "They like taunting me, and I'm going to turn around and mess with them."

Actual questions posed to me while at the Urinal on Sunday by Cub fans:

1. "Who did they trade Garciaparra to?" Not Kidding. :o:

2. "How old is McCarthy?" I replied 21. "Wow. A 21yr old making millions!" I told him that he's making the league minimum. "Wow, I bet he's pissed that he signed that contract!"

Pure stupidity!

mccoydp
05-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah that was pretty sweet what Buehrle did. Sweeping Wrigley Field with a broom. Haha that's classic. And the "Go back to Triple-A" comments by Cub fans? It's great how Buehrle says "I have never been there in the first place." That article was great.:thumbsup:

Beuhrle skipped Triple-A, but he did say this while in a Triple-A team's ballpark (Wrigley Field).

No teal necessary on this post.

seanpmurphy
05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
I think, therefore I am.
Cubs fans don't think, therefore are they?

LongLiveFisk
05-23-2005, 10:49 AM

2. "How old is McCarthy?" I replied 21. "Wow. A 21yr old making millions!" I told him that he's making the league minimum. "Wow, I bet he's pissed that he signed that contract!"

Pure stupidity!

:roflmao:

How do these people dress themselves in the morning?

LVSoxFan
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
For those of you wondering about Wrigley and Cub fans I can tell you what it's all about, living in the area and knowing the surrounding area.

There are some true Cubs baseball fans (obviously gluttons for punishment) and some nice classy fans as described above.

Wrigley and the surrounding area is essentially the city's biggest fraternity. Chicago, and Lakeview/Lincoln Park in particular, is innundated with lots of 20-somethings who moved here after attending college in the area (midwest) and chose the largest metropolitan area.

The mentality behind Cubs games is binge drinking before, during and after--a Cubs game gives a ton of people an excuse to do it like they did in college, and therefore you get people acting the same way.

Which isn't to say there's not drunken idiots at every Sox game, but there does seem to be an overhwhelming amount of people who actually want to watch the game. In the bleachers at Wrigley, it's a frat party with a game in the background. Yeah they cheer when the Cubs do something right, but win or lose, it's about binge drinking and hanging out.

I've seen people there butt-wasted before the game even began; I'm sure that happens every day. Every park has its bad apples, but the whole Wrigleyville area and the park itself essentially act as quasi college campus with Cubbie blue as the official greek colors.

Just my two cents.

mweflen
05-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Actually, crowds at both parks have mellowed in the past few seasons. it's nice - the frenzy just got to be too much at times.

Cubs fans generally are pretty stupid, though.

Stroker Ace
05-23-2005, 11:27 AM

Pure stupidity!
:kukoo: MORONS :kukoo: