PDA

View Full Version : Shingo

SoxSpeed22
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I haven't seen Shingo pitch for at least a week. Is there a problem with him, or do they just not trust him?

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Well he did pitch today. It was nice to see him make batters look foolish again.:smile:

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 06:48 PM
I haven't seen Shingo pitch for at least a week. Is there a problem with him, or do they just not trust him?Ozzie has to get his head out of his ass and start using Shingo instead of Vizcaino. he made Burnitz look like a total idiot today. he made a good pitch on patterson and you have to give patterson credit.

FarWestChicago
05-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Ozzie has to get his head out of his ass and start using Shingo instead of Vizcaino.And if Ozzie had put Shingo in and he would have gotten beat you would be here ripping Ozzie for putting Shingo in. :rolleyes:

DickAllen72
05-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Shingo did do pretty well today and it does look like he's getting his "mojo" back.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 07:33 PM
He has been quietly pitching very well lately. I think he would've been fine. Vizcaino just doesn't have it right now and needs to get his confidence back and also needs to be working in mop up.

ChiSoxRowand
05-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Shingo pitch more in interleague. Teams won't be as familiar with him.

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 07:56 PM
The AB Burnitz had against Shingo was hilarious. I was at the game so it was even more enjoyable to watch. Shingo threw his special off-speed pitch and Burnitz had no idea what to do with it so he swung wildly and his bat flew out of his hands and far into the stands. He struck out to so he had to walk dejectedly back to the dugout without his bat.:cool:

PAPChiSox729
05-22-2005, 07:59 PM
The AB Burnitz had against Shingo was hilarious. I was at the game so it was even more enjoyable to watch. Shingo threw his special off-speed pitch and Burnitz had no idea what to do with it so he swung wildly and his bat flew out of his hands and far into the stands. He struck out to so he had to walk dejectedly back to the dugout without his bat.:cool:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Lets hope we see a lot of that is the near future.
:D:

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 08:23 PM
He has been quietly pitching very well lately. I think he would've been fine. Vizcaino just doesn't have it right now and needs to get his confidence back and also needs to be working in mop up.
You're right about him pitching well lately. He has a 2.08 ERA in his last 10 appearances.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/trans.gifhttp://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/trans.gif

chisoxfanatic
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Shingo certainly did his job out there today. He actually hasn't looked too shabby in his last couple of outings. I think he's settled down a bit and is locating his pitches better. Maybe Man So Lee told him something along the side? :cool:

If Shingo can keep it up, it would be interesting to see what happens with the closer's role.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Shingo certainly did his job out there today. He actually hasn't looked too shabby in his last couple of outings. I think he's settled down a bit and is locating his pitches better. Maybe Man So Lee told him something along the side? :cool:

If Shingo can keep it up, it would be interesting to see what happens with the closer's role.I know, it's time for Shingo to move up in the bullpen and for Vizcaino to move down. i think shingo will end up sharing the closers role with Hermy because hermy is gonna come back down to earth.

chisoxfanatic
05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
i think shingo will end up sharing the closers role with Hermy because hermy is gonna come back down to earth.

What if Hermie DOESN'T "come back down to Earth?"

If that were the case, then I'd want Shingo to be the main closer, while Hermie gets "spot closings." With the great versatility that Herm possesses, I do not want him isolated to the closer's role if that's possible.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 08:42 PM
What if Hermie DOESN'T "come back down to Earth?"

If that were the case, then I'd want Shingo to be the main closer, while Hermie gets "spot closings." With the great versatility that Herm possesses, I do not want him isolated to the closer's role if that's possible.Hermy is like our utility pitcher. He can do it all: Start, close, set up, etc..

DaleJRFan
05-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Shingo did do pretty well today and it does look like he's getting his "mojo" back.

his 2-seamer was up at 88-89 too. Looks like he's back, but... its too late. DH is the closer and for good reason.

MHOUSE
05-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Dustin is the hot (red hot, extremely hot, whatever) hand right now 10-10 in save opps and a 20.1 IP scoreless streak. Keep him as the closer until he makes you change your mind. I would love to see him go 40-40 and a 0.00 ERA. Probably won't happen, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Shingo kept all his pitches down and away from the lefties today which I liked. Patterson put a great swing on a good pitch and the walk to Ramirez was ok because he had smoked everything all day albeit unluckily. He made Burnitz look stupid and has made some adjustments. I like his changeup-sinker away and 88-89 mph fastball inside.

ChicagoHoosier
05-23-2005, 07:50 AM
Where are all the Shingo bashers now that Viz is the new goat of the bullpen? All of a sudden, Shingo is back to being the man?

mccoydp
05-23-2005, 01:58 PM

I didn't think Vizcaino really had it from day one, but you're right.

NorthlakeTom
05-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I like his changeup-sinker away and 88-89 mph fastball inside.
This is the thing. Shingo does have a decent fastball. IIRC, Maddox did not throw consistent 90 mph fastballs the other day. Shingo's problem has been control.

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 04:14 PM
His fastball is decent but as long as he throws strikes and changes speeds he will be fine.

Sxy Mofo
05-23-2005, 04:25 PM

Even when he wasn't pitching well earlier this year, he consistently gets other batters to make ridiculously stupid looking swings.

The difference between now and a month ago: he's throwing strikes more. Not as much as i'd like, but he's throwing more of them.