PDA

View Full Version : Vizcaino's status

mike squires
05-22-2005, 06:26 PM
What is Jose's contract status. How much are we paying him? I imagine it's one year 1 mil but that's just a guess. For you minor league followers out there is there anyone that can come in and take this guys place if he continues to struggle. The Twins continue to show they are not going away and the could easily be in the hunt come the all star break. Games like this will kill you come crunch time. How long do we stick with him?

ChiSox14305635
05-22-2005, 06:28 PM
I think you mean Luis, not Jose.

And yes, there's a guy in Charlotte by the name of Jeff Bajenaru that would fit nicely with this club.

BigEdWalsh
05-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Hopefully not as long as we stuck with Mike Jackson last year. I had hopes for Viz, but those hopes have faded fast. While, he hasn't been quite the train wreck that Jackson was, things on that front are evening up.

iamkoza
05-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Hopefully not as long as we stuck with Mike Jackson last year. I had hopes for Viz, but those hopes have faded fast. While, he hasn't been quite the train wreck that Jackson was, things on that front are evening up.

lol, thanks for bringing that painful memory back.... sheesh

SouthSide4Life
05-22-2005, 06:55 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Vizcaino is garbage. Bring up the kid from the minors.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I do think that Vizcaino will be ok this year but they need to build his confidence back up and Ozzie needs to put him in Mop up right now.

JRIG
05-22-2005, 09:12 PM
I do think that Vizcaino will be ok this year but they need to build his confidence back up and Ozzie needs to put him in Mop up right now.]

I know we're paying Vizcaino more than a million dollars this year. I've never been a fan of his. Gives up far too many home runs and is not a real consistant guy out of the pen. I know the pen has been a bit taxed the last two days, but Luis is about the last guy I wanted to see come in to the game in that situation today.

GiveMeSox
05-22-2005, 09:18 PM
]

I know we're paying Vizcaino more than a million dollars this year. I've never been a fan of his. Gives up far too many home runs and is not a real consistant guy out of the pen. I know the pen has been a bit taxed the last two days, but Luis is about the last guy I wanted to see come in to the game in that situation today.

Luis did have a 3.75 ERA last year with Mil as a setup guy. I think his problem this year has been lack of appearances. If we exclude the game against the indians then this is really his only first big blown game.

NorthlakeTom
05-22-2005, 09:22 PM
With his poor performance so far, I doubt he'd have much value as trade bait. That's a shame as many clubs are looking for relievers. I guess it doesn't matter anyway because the Sox really don't have any holes - except for Vizcaino's spot in the pen.

Maybe the Cubs will give up Lee for Vizcaino.

PAPChiSox729
05-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Luis did have a 3.75 ERA last year with Mil as a setup guy. I think his problem this year has been lack of appearances. If we exclude the game against the indians then this is really his only first big blown game.

My prediction for a sub-3.00 ERA from Vizcaino this season isn't looking too great. What I heard from Brewer fans is that he is very inconsistent. He can strike out an All-Star hitter and then give up a homerun to a guy from AA. He seems to be falling behind a lot of hitters, like he did to DuBois. When, or if, he gets his control back, he should be a quality reliever.

NorthlakeTom
05-22-2005, 09:25 PM
I disagree with this. He has two losses and three blown saves. One more BS than the rest of the pen.

mike squires
05-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Jose??? Luis???? Does it really matter?:D:

NorthlakeTom
05-22-2005, 09:31 PM
My prediction for a sub-3.00 ERA from Vizcaino this season isn't looking too great. What I heard from Brewer fans is that he is very inconsistent. He can strike out an All-Star hitter and then give up a homerun to a guy from AA. He seems to be falling behind a lot of hitters, like he did to DuBois. When, or if, he gets his control back, he should be a quality reliever.
I hope you're right, but his career stats are anything but outstanding. He had one good year in '02 with a 2.99 ERA. The rest is below average for a reliever. Career ERA of 4.67. Outside of '02, he allows about a hit per inning.

infohawk
05-22-2005, 10:08 PM

I don't know. I recall him having several pretty good outings. My only concern today was that he is a fly-ball pitcher brought in on a day where the wind was jetting out to right.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Well the Brewers Bullpen was considered a strength last year because of Adams, Vizcaino, and Kolb.

owensmouth
05-23-2005, 01:31 AM
He must be very good. He was the big reason for making the trade sending Carlos Lee to Milwaukee. Oh, and that throw in Podsednik.

MHOUSE
05-23-2005, 05:19 AM
It's May you guys. If July 30 rolls around and Vizcaino's ERA is still way over 5.00 then we can make a move to pick up an extra guy for the bullpen. He just needs some confidence back. Keep him in the 6th or 7th inning or blow-out mop-up duty and he can work stuff out. With Politte, Marte, and Hermanson locked in and Shingo settling down, we can afford to let LUIS figure stuff out before giving up on him. It was only the 6th inning, had we gotten one back in the 7th or 8th, Paulie's homer would've tied it.

Also, the thought of Bajenaru pitching in a major league game for the White Sox during a push for the postseason is not a good idea. He was godawful last year.