PDA

View Full Version : Did Ozzie pull a Dusty?

I want Mags back
05-22-2005, 06:03 PM
What r ur thoughts on McCarthy being lifted after just 5+ innings

NSSoxFan
05-22-2005, 06:05 PM
What r ur thoughts on McCarthy being lifted after just 5+ innings

Wouldn't pulling a Dusty be leaving McCarthy in there for about 130 pitches? Hindsight is always 20/20, if Viz got Dubois out we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Viva Medias B's
05-22-2005, 06:06 PM
If Ozzie pulled a Dusty, McCarthy would be headed to the 60-day DL with arm problems.

chisoxmike
05-22-2005, 06:06 PM
No, he didn't pull a Dusty... my god people. Ok, Vizcanano just sucks and probably wasn't the best choice, but McCarthy was getting hit hard by Rameriz all day and Ozzie didn't want to take a chance.

Viva Medias B's
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Why does McCarthy's nickname come up ***** when posted?

chisoxmike
05-22-2005, 06:08 PM

Yeah I dont get this... :?:

Bisco Stu
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Ozzie was right to pull B Mac so he had a chance at the win. The problem was allowing Vizcaino to pitch in any situation other than mop-up.

So let's say Oz pulled a half-Dusty.

I want Mags back
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM

Whats his nickname?

mike squires
05-22-2005, 06:11 PM
As I mentioned in another post if you leave Mcarthy in and collapses you crush his confidence. Brandon did his job. He left feling good getting a strong vote of confidence by Ozzie, a nice ovation from the Sox fans in attendence. I don't even mind bringing Vizcaino in. Maybe pull him when there are 2 runners on to avoid the three run home run. If he comes in and doesn't get the out then pull him. I would have brought in Polite even if he has been pitching a lot lately.

SOXSINCE'70
05-22-2005, 06:12 PM
No,Ozzie pulled a LaRussa,not a Dusty.He outguessed himself.
He wanted McCarthy to leave with a lead (he did).The he brings in
Vizcaino (Henceforth known as LaChoke Junior until he removes
his head from his rectum),who gives up a 3 run HR to Dubois.

This day really,really sucks for White Sox fans.:(:

Viva Medias B's
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Maybe Ozzie pulled a....

:jerry
*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

iamkoza
05-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Maybe Ozzie pulled a....

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

It'd be nice if we could send Vizcaino down to AAA till he gets his **** together, but that homer by dunois definitly didnt not look like it was hit all that hard

spiffie
05-22-2005, 06:34 PM
It'd be nice if we could send Vizcaino down to AAA till he gets his **** together, but that homer by dunois definitly didnt not look like it was hit all that hard
Problem is that it's not just today's game. Over the course of the year he constantly has put men on base and gotten in trouble. One time this whole year he's gone more than 1/3 of an inning without putting someone on. Half the time he's giving up runs. He is simply not dependable in the slightest for any sort of good consistent work.

iamkoza
05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Problem is that it's not just today's game. Over the course of the year he constantly has put men on base and gotten in trouble. One time this whole year he's gone more than 1/3 of an inning without putting someone on. Half the time he's giving up runs. He is simply not dependable in the slightest for any sort of good consistent work.

i blame the gi-normous chain he wears around his neck... must weigh him down

rmusacch
05-22-2005, 07:31 PM
No,Ozzie pulled a LaRussa,not a Dusty.He outguessed himself.
He wanted McCarthy to leave with a lead (he did).The he brings in
Vizcaino (Henceforth known as LaChoke Junior until he removes
his head from his rectum),who gives up a 3 run HR to Dubois.

This day really,really sucks for White Sox fans.:(:

How so? It would have been nice to sweep the Scrubs in their house but as it stands, we took 2 of 3 from them and still ahve the best record in baseball.

dickallen15
05-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Vizcaino didn't pitch too poorly today. He was the victim of a strong breeze blowing to rightfield. That ball Dubois his is usually a flyout.

SoxFan48
05-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Vizcaino didn't pitch too poorly today. He was the victim of a strong breeze blowing to rightfield. That ball Dubois his is usually a flyout.

Viz has been train wreck all year long. A 6.55 ERA is not major league level. He has given up runs in 9 of 18 appearances. It is better to cut losses and than let this pretender spoil games.

Chisox003
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Viz has been train wreck all year long. A 6.55 ERA is not major league level. He has given up runs in 9 of 18 appearances. It is better to cut losses and than let this pretender spoil games.

Ya but a lot of that 6.55 ERA came from 1 outing....

Early in the year, Im sure everyone remembers, it was I think the 3rd game of the season against the Indians when Shingo gave up 3 runs in the 9th....

We ran out of relievers that game, and Vizcaino had to take the entire blow of that 11th inning and ended up giving up 6 runs in his 3rd inning of work....

He's still shaky, but today's HR looked like a popup...

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Maybe Ozzie pulled a....

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*funny you say that because at the end of his press conference Ozzie shouted to the media "Who do you think I am, Jerry Manuel?":roflmao: :roflmao:

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 07:52 PM

Early in the year, Im sure everyone remembers, it was I think the 3rd game of the season against the Indians when Shingo gave up 3 runs in the 9th....

We ran out of relievers that game, and Vizcaino had to take the entire blow of that 11th inning and ended up giving up 6 runs in his 3rd inning of work....

He's still shaky, but today's HR looked like a popup...Without that outing his ERA would still be 4.67. Not good for a reliever.

Dick Allen
05-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Ozzie was right to pull B Mac so he had a chance at the win. The problem was allowing Vizcaino to pitch in any situation other than mop-up.

So let's say Oz pulled a half-Dusty.Exactly. I didn't mind Ozzie pulling McCarthy, but you don't bring in this stiff with the game on the line. Either limit him to mop-up or send him down to Charlotte to figure out how to pitch again.

Palpidious
05-22-2005, 09:11 PM
ozzie's misuse of the bullpen is really the only thing i can see that can be the downfall of this team. vizcaino and cotts are our worst bullpen guys. vizcaino is actually better against lefties than righties. THIS is ozzie's biggest fault. he needs to overcome it if the sox are gonna do ANY damage in the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
05-22-2005, 09:21 PM
ozzie's misuse of the bullpen is really the only thing i can see that can be the downfall of this team. vizcaino and cotts are our worst bullpen guys. vizcaino is actually better against lefties than righties. THIS is ozzie's biggest fault. he needs to overcome it if the sox are gonna do ANY damage in the playoffs.

I don't know if Ozzie does this, but I think he should let Coop and Kusy have great input on who goes in during what situation, since they more closely work with the bullpen.

SoxFan48
05-22-2005, 09:28 PM

He's still shaky, but today's HR looked like a popup...

Viz defenders always go back to taking one for the team in the 3rd games of the season when Shingo had his first meltdown.

Take out that game and he has given up 10 runs in 19 innings. That is an ERA of 4.74. So, sorry friend, Vizcaino's problems are not one game.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 09:45 PM

He's still shaky, but today's HR looked like a popup...You could argue that with Shingo but not Vizcaino. He's been brutal.