PDA

View Full Version : Vlad-less Angels

DoggPhood
05-22-2005, 03:44 PM
We are very, very lucky to face Anaheim in two series in two weeks where they won't have Vlad.

Let's exorcise our Angels demons.

chisoxmike
05-22-2005, 03:47 PM
The Sox can't win on the west coast. We played the sucking A's and they beat us pretty good.

NSSoxFan
05-22-2005, 03:56 PM
The Sox can't win on the west coast. We played the sucking A's and they beat us pretty good.

Eh, I think the Sox will take two or three games in Anaheim. Just remember our situation during that Oakland series with Uribe being banged up etc...

MRKARNO
05-22-2005, 04:02 PM
We played the sucking A's and they beat us pretty good.

The A's had the benefit of a lot of luck in that series. They took 2 of 3, but I wouldnt say that they beat us up pretty good.

chisoxmike
05-22-2005, 04:05 PM
The A's had the benefit of a lot of luck in that series. They took 2 of 3, but I wouldnt say that they beat us up pretty good.

Yeah but the Sox played really sloppy, typical of a west coast swing. I say we split the series in California, or Anahiem, or Los Angleses...whatever. I'd be happy with that.

mikehuff
05-22-2005, 04:05 PM
We're lucky with Guerrero out and Buehrle and Garland going. Hopefully we can end this bad luck we have out there.

iamkoza
05-22-2005, 05:28 PM
We are very, very lucky to face Anaheim in two series in two weeks where they won't have Vlad.

Let's exorcise our Angels demons.

west coast trips are just scary. I just hope we pull off a 5-2 or 6-1 record so the fans (and me) give the guys a standing O on next monday

iamkoza
05-22-2005, 05:29 PM

you could argue we've had a ton of luck too... it goes both ways

whtsx1959
05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
I think they will take 3 from the Angels.

1. Garland and Buehrle going.

2. Vlad out.

3. The sox are 31-13, they can beat anyone.

buehrle4cy05
05-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Anaheim has a very overrated offense. I saw that their team on-base percentage is hovering around .300, I believe coming into today it was at .299. The pitcher that will benefit the most from Anaheim's free-swinging offense will be Jose Contreras, as he doesn't throw strikes as much as Garland, Buehrle, and Garcia do. I would look for the Sox to win 3 games, but on the west coast, you never know...hopefully Hunter Wendlestedt won't be umping any of the games.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Buehrle and Colon will be pitching on tuesday. Sweet matchup! Also that's not the Angels name. They are the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in Orange County in Southern California right near Inglewood.

Mohoney
05-22-2005, 07:43 PM
I'll be happy with a split on the road against a first place club even if they're only 25-18 and without one of the best hitters in the game. They're a team that we might see somewhere down the line in October, and proving that we can win games there would definitely put my mind at ease.

I would have been happy with the split against the Orioles, too, but after we won the first two games, I really wanted 3 of 4. When they beat us twice in a row in our own park, it was kind of a disheartening, because they really had a chance to make a statement to the rest of the AL that it's not our schedule, but our talent, that has us with the best record in baseball. Still, our record against above .500 teams is 11-4, and our road record is 16-7. Both are very encouraging signs.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Often times when a big-time player gets injured the teams steps it up for a week or so. Then they crash down to earth. So hopefully we don't take then any less lightly with Vlad out. I'm sure we won't, gotta keep Garland undefeated.

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 10:21 PM
It would be really sweet to take 3 out of 4 this series. I think we can do it.

seanpmurphy
05-22-2005, 10:35 PM
On top of Vlad, Francisco Rodríguez is also out for the time being...and he's been putting up pretty good numbers. Hopefully if we do get into a close game situation, his absence will help.

crazyozzie02
05-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I think that the Sox can take two of three, but there is one question that i have to ask.....WHICH UMPIRING CREW IS IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :angry: