PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite "Unofficial" SOX T-Shirts

BlackHat91
05-22-2005, 01:59 PM
I love those T-Shirts that the vendors outside The Cell hawk during games. I picked up a nice shirt last year with "Chokers" on the front and "Cubs Suck" on the back for 10 bucks. I still see some "Southside Hitmen" shirts now and again and of course the classic "Cork" shirts. What other unofficial SOX fan shirts have any of you picked up?

SouthSide4Life
05-22-2005, 02:07 PM
My absolute favorite has gotta be Muck Finnesota. Last year i picked up a Tee that reads Sox: South Side Road Kill Cubs Choke. As a matter of fact, im wearin it right now. Anyways, Its got a Cub with a noose around its neck and stars floating around his head. And i cant forget the ever present CUBS SUCK on the back of the t in block lettering.

DumpJerry
05-22-2005, 02:14 PM
I saw one on Opening Day this year that had that gross Cubs "C" with "ry" inserted inside it. Loved it!

I want Mags back
05-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I bought the black "HE GONE!" and "mercy" front and the back says ' U CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD YESSSSSSSSS!" my other fav. is
NORTHSIDERS SUCK front w/ CUBS SUCK back.

jake27
05-22-2005, 07:30 PM
i got a shirt that says "cubs fans" and shows a picture of well... to men showing eachother they love one another, with the mouth (not an actual picture). i saw it and couldnt resist.

SOXintheBURGH
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Those are sweet. Saw a bumper sticker that says:

"Will they lady who left her nine kids at Wrigley Field pick them up? They're beating the Cubs"

ChiSoxRowand
05-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I love those shirts. I have one that says "Cubs magic number-911" on the front and "Cubs suck" on the back.

White Sox Josh
05-22-2005, 09:00 PM
I liked the He Gawn t-shirts.

JoseCanseco6969
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
My buddy just picked up the one with CUBS SUCK in sox colors and the back read "they're not cursed, they just suck" Pretty nice shirt!

Last year at the cell i picked up one that had a big SOX across the front in the old 80s font and the back read:
"I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who's a Cubs fan!"

Dub25
05-22-2005, 11:21 PM
I loved the "Late Night With The Southsiders" that had top ten reasons Cub fans are losers. I wore that shirt until it couldn't be worn anymore. I wish they would bring that one back. It could even be an updated top ten.

ExpoPuddingHead
05-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty partial to the Cuck the Fubs shirt.

lbtigerfan
05-23-2005, 01:01 AM
I saw one on Opening Day this year that had that gross Cubs "C" with "ry" inserted inside it. Loved it!

My friend MUSoxfan gave me that shirt when he came down to Baton Rouge last September. Since I've gotten it, I wear it about once a week. I'm very fond of it.

C-Dawg
05-23-2005, 06:44 AM
i got a shirt that says "cubs fans" and shows a picture of well... to men showing eachother they love one another, with the mouth (not an actual picture). i saw it and couldnt resist.

I saw that one; some guy had it on the CTA train after a game earlier this spring (maybe it was you?). I remember thinking it probably wasn't available for sale at the park LOL.

Maybe not an actual "unofficial" shirt but one of my favorites is my 2004 Spring Training T-shirt. It was my only time out there in Arizona, so I think its kind of special. Haven't seen anyone wearing one just like it at the Cell.

skobabe8
05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I have 2 Cubs Suck shirts--the 9-1-1 one and the northside roadkill one. I could never get myself to buy the Chokers shirt or the Cry shirt. Those are waaay too close to looking like actuall cubs shirt at first glance.

Iwritecode
05-23-2005, 11:46 AM
I have the one on the top. (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Shop/tshirts.htm) :D:

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-23-2005, 01:11 PM
The Saturday game of Cubs-Sox last year, this guy was selling shirts in the parking lot. For $5 I got a shirt with the early 80's logo, but instead of Sox, it says F___ the Cubs (on the shirt the blanks are filled in). I asked him why so cheap for the shirt, and he said, "I'm not trying to make money, i just hate the ****ing Cubs".

ChiSoxRowand
05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Last year at the cell i picked up one that had a big SOX across the front in the old 80s font and the back read:

I saw that shirt during Sox-Cubs at the cell last year. By far one of my favorites. I have never seen people selling it outside though.

jake27
05-24-2005, 11:06 AM
I saw that one; some guy had it on the CTA train after a game earlier this spring (maybe it was you?). I remember thinking it probably wasn't available for sale at the park LOL.

na wasnt me. i found out when i got home that the shirt was a double xl... so i have yet to wear it because i have been in the process of shrinking it

1951Campbell
05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I loved the "Late Night With The Southsiders" that had top ten reasons Cub fans are losers. I wore that shirt until it couldn't be worn anymore. I wish they would bring that one back. It could even be an updated top ten.

I have that shirt. Let's see if I remember all 10 reasons (not in order):

"Never been South of the Art Institute."

"Shawon-O-Meter."

"No place to park the BMW."

"Harry was a Falstaff Man."

"Re-live glee club days during 7th inning stretch.

"Throw back home runs. Keep no balls, have no balls."

"Think 'the Wild Thing' is a pitcher."

"It takes a loser to love a loser."

"Have you ever seen a Sox fan wearing a flourescent cap?"

Darn, missing one...

Man Soo Lee
05-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Darn, missing one...

"Bleacher bums: yuppies in search of a tan."

santo=dorf
05-24-2005, 11:28 PM
I saw a special on channel 11 about the history of Comiskey Park awhile back, and they showed a guy who was selling a "Bo knows your sister" shirt. I also like my "The Sammy Sosa Uncorked Tour" shirt from 2003. :D:

1951Campbell
05-25-2005, 11:04 AM
"Bleacher bums: yuppies in search of a tan."

A-ha! That's it.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-25-2005, 06:09 PM
i have one "domo arigato shingo takatsu" thought it was funny. says mr.zero on the back in japanese. at least thats what i hope it says

LongLiveFisk
05-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I wish I still had it but back in the early 90s, those shirts with Bart Simpson (no, not Bartman, Bart Simpson..lol) were all the rage. I had one with Bart decked out in Sox gear that said "Oakland sucks". This was back in '90 or '91 around the time we had a good team but couldn't overcome the A's. They did sell these outside the park...does anyone else remember the one I'm talking about?

PicktoCLick72
05-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Definitely have the Chokers shirt. I love wearing that.

Jose.Contreras
08-24-2009, 12:20 AM
i have one "domo arigato shingo takatsu" thought it was funny. says mr.zero on the back in japanese. at least thats what i hope it says

That's an awesome t shirt. My little bro created that shirt and was the one selling them outside the cell during the height of his short-lived success with the Sox. I still have 5 of them left. The Shingo shirt is entrenched in my rotation of T shirts and it'll be a mainstay for a long, long time. If you happen to catch the Herm Edwards "You play to win the game" Coors Light press conference commercial I will have you all know the my brother wrote and casted that one. He also has done a couple other humerous commercials for Keystone light that I'm sure most of you have seen on TV. Pretty cool stuff.

Also, he has a current t shirt that he created that celebrates the 100 years of Chicago Cubs failure. It's quite enjoyable if you're a big time Cub hater. We certainly are!

white sox bill
08-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Those anti-cub shirts are hilarious! I would never wear one though. There's something about advertising for that "other" team. But its a good chuckle when I see one! :)

Seems like it was here that someone posted about confusing the frat boys at the urinal by wearing a Sox 1974 uni that has "Santo" on the back. Priceless

g0g0
08-24-2009, 09:09 AM

Oh man I'd love to have one of those. I wonder if there's a site out there with them??

Hitmen77
08-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Wow, this thread got one hell of a bump! It took me a while to realize all the posts were from May 2005.

I'm not a big fan of these anti-Cubs shirts - it just feeds into the "Sox fans are Cubsessed" stereotype. But, to be fair, I have seen Flub fans heading up to the Urinal with "Sux" t-shirts on.

Railsplitter
08-24-2009, 10:27 AM

I had the one with Eleven More Reason Why Cub Fans Are Losers, and like you, wore until in was no longer wearable.

These days, I go with "Soxside Irish" though the Irish is all on my Mom's side.

kittle42
08-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I stopped wearing "anti-Cubs" shirts after 2005.

So should you! :cool:

white sox bill
08-24-2009, 11:09 AM
2005?? OMG...didn't even notice. Living part of my time on this Earth in North West Illinois, I am amongst cub fans all day. Some of my best friends are cub fans. They are all decent and honest people who I'm more than happy to hang out with. So why offend them? Maybe its different in other parts of this area. We banter but in a friendly way. Never gets ugly.

I just wear my Sox hat and am glad I'm not the one with the Blue Flu!

WhiteSox5187
08-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I have a Strogh's Fun Run shirt with the old logo from like 1979 that I like to wear. I also have one of the "Winning Ugly" shirts which I've seen a few people wearing.

Woofer
08-24-2009, 01:34 PM
I saw a great one last week outside the park. I was going to buy it, but felt low on cash. It said:

Cubs Baseball

Killed Harry

I LOLed at that one!:smile:

SOXPHILE
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a WSI "HELL YEAH I'M A SOX FAN" t-shirt.

One I like and always laugh at, but can't bring myself to buy and wear is the black one that says: HEY CUBS FANS, and has a picture of a hand giving the finger, with a Sox World Series ring on said finger. I guess I'm getting soft in my old age, but it doesn't seem right to wear that around the park with all the families and little kids. They don't need to see that. Now, if you could guarantee me there would only be people no younger than 16 or 18, with many drunken Cubs game frat boys and trixies around, then no problem.

kittle42
08-24-2009, 03:09 PM
One I like and always laugh at, but can't bring myself to buy and wear is the black one that says: HEY CUBS FANS, and has a picture of a hand giving the finger, with a Sox World Series ring on said finger. I guess I'm getting soft in my old age, but it doesn't seem right to wear that around the park with all the families and little kids. They don't need to see that. Now, if you could guarantee me there would only be people no younger than 16 or 18, with many drunken Cubs game frat boys and trixies around, then no problem.

Those shirts just scream "trash" at me for whatever reason. I also generally agree on their inappropriateness, and I am not much of one for complaining about that.

chisoxfanatic
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
I have a WSI "HELL YEAH I'M A SOX FAN" t-shirt.
I have a WSI "Totally Biased SOX FAN" t-shirt that I love wearing to games and while out and about.

PatK
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I have a 2005 World Series Champs shirt that says "Don't Blame Curses or Goats, Just win"

HomeFish
08-24-2009, 04:38 PM
I found many of these shirts to be really poorly designed. A major exception was the classic "cork" shirt.

Soxman219
08-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I have the one that gives the middle finger to the Cubs fans, with the 05 ring on the finger.

Dan the Man
08-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Some shirt I saw the other day read:
-What did Jesus say to the Cub fans?
-Don't do anything until I get back"

SOX ADDICT '73
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
My brother found a guy outside PNC Park who had gotten a hold of a supply of hats that should have been discarded after the 2003 NLCS. He bought me one that reads: "2003 World Series: Chicago Cubs NL Champs: HOLY COW!" It even has the official MLB hologram sticker.

Here's the only thing that bothers me about Sox fans wearing anti-Cub shirts:

Whenever there's a national telecast of a Sox/Cubs game at USCF, the broadcaster will inevitably mention "the awfully large number of fans wearing Cubbie blue here on the South Side today...", not realizing that more than half of those shirts say "Cork," or "Cry," or "Cuck the Fubs." It makes it appear as though Cubs fans have invaded our park.

Side note: has anyone seen some of this anti-Cubs gear outside Miller Park or Busch Stadium? Cub hate is not exclusive to Sox fans, y'know...

esbrechtel
08-24-2009, 08:19 PM
My brother found a guy outside PNC Park who had gotten a hold of a supply of hats that should have been discarded after the 2003 NLCS. He bought me one that reads: "2003 World Series: Chicago Cubs NL Champs: HOLY COW!" It even has the official MLB hologram sticker.

Here's the only thing that bothers me about Sox fans wearing anti-Cub shirts:

Whenever there's a national telecast of a Sox/Cubs game at USCF, the broadcaster will inevitably mention "the awfully large number of fans wearing Cubbie blue here on the South Side today...", not realizing that more than half of those shirts say "Cork," or "Cry," or "Cuck the Fubs." It makes it appear as though Cubs fans have invaded our park.

Side note: has anyone seen some of this anti-Cubs gear outside Miller Park or Busch Stadium? Cub hate is not exclusive to Sox fans, y'know...

There is a great Cards one that has a bunch of world series rings on the back that says count 'em

SOXPHILE
08-24-2009, 09:27 PM
There is a great Cards one that has a bunch of world series rings on the back that says count 'em

I think that's the one that shows all 10 of the rings they have and says "GOT RINGS ?"

Also, as others have pointed out, there are PLENTY of derogatory, anti-Sox shirts sold outside of Wrigley:

-SOX SUCK
-SUX
-World's Largest Jail (U.S. Cellular)
-Chicago's 3 greatest disasters: The fire, the flood, The White Sox

One of the biggest fallacies and often told lies in this town is that Cubs fans don't care about the Sox. Don't believe a word of it.

beasly213
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
My favorite one is the "It's Never Going To Happen" anti Cubs T Shirt.
Best part about that is it's true! :D:

soxpride724
08-25-2009, 10:04 AM
It's not a Sox shirt, but a Cardinals style logo that reads "Cubssuck".

Law11
08-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Ive always liked this one. Of course I created this one so Im a bit biased.

soxrme
08-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Back in the 60's and 70's there was one that said "Better my sister should die in a whorehouse than my brother live to be a cub fan"

minutia
08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Currently my favorite T is "Paul Konerko gives me a Bonerko" I laugh my ass off every time I see it. So funny.

gobears1987
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I had the old Cork shirt back in 2003.