PDA

View Full Version : On the Yanks-Mets Game Yesterday...

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 10:44 AM
I just saw the Sportscenter highlights. They showed highlights of the Met's Japanese pitcher at bat against the Reds. Through 4 pitches he never took the bat off his shoulder and was barely in the batter's box. When he got back to the Met dugout everyone there was teasing him for it. Yesterday he was up against the Big Unit and for the 1st 2 pitches he left his bat on his shoulder. The outfield moved in a little. All of a sudden the next pitch the guy takes a huge cut and drives one into the gap for a double. Jose Reyes then puts down a sac bunt and he ends up scoring from it. Had to be one of the funniest events I've ever seen. Anyone else see this?

SOXintheBURGH
05-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I just saw the Sportscenter highlights. They showed highlights of the Met's Japanese pitcher at bat against the Reds. Through 4 pitches he never took the bat off his shoulder and was barely in the batter's box. When he got back to the Met dugout everyone there was teasing him for it. Yesterday he was up against the Big Unit and for the 1st 2 pitches he left his bat on his shoulder. The outfield moved in a little. All of a sudden the next pitch the guy takes a huge cut and drives one into the gap for a double. Jose Reyes then puts down a sac bunt and he ends up scoring from it. Had to be one of the funniest events I've ever seen. Anyone else see this?

LOL yeah I was actually watching the Yankee/Mets game since I couldnt get the Sox in my area.. It was pretty hilarious.

Sox of White
05-22-2005, 10:52 AM
LOL yeah I was actually watching the Yankee/Mets game since I couldnt get the Sox in my area.. It was pretty hilarious.

Yeah, Randy was PISSED! And then no one covered home (Randy should have been) allowing him to score. But it was still a close play, and a really nice slide. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a pitcher slide like that.

Omeed
05-22-2005, 12:09 PM
actually AROD should have covered the plate with the way everyone else in the infield reacted to the bunt.

FarWestChicago
05-22-2005, 12:11 PM
actually AROD should have covered the plate with the way everyone else in the infield reacted to the bunt.:payrod

Screw you! I had some money to count.