PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight

chisox1388
05-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I just saw the 11:00 edition of baseball tonight. Three things:

1. Cubs/Sox highlights didn't come on until after the third break.

2. No analysis for the game.

3. (This is the most ridiculous baseball-related thing I've heard) Jeff Brantley suggested that the Cubs should make Carlos Zambrano the closer! Why would you make a guy who just through a one hitter, has unbelievable stamina, and is one of the top 5 pitchers in the NL, (not to mention a great starter is much harder to find than a closer) a closer?!

Thats all.

Jurr
05-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Brantley should be working a mop at a Wendy's. He's total garbage.

aniceItch
05-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Hm. Earlier today (on Sportscenter) he was saying Kerry Wood should be the closer.

seanpmurphy
05-21-2005, 11:52 PM
:deadhorse:

Is anyone really surprised at more snubbing by the media? It's been going on all season. That's just how I feel about it now. Over a 1/4 into the season and we haven't slowed down at all. The media's already proved how worthless they are. Who cares. Not me. Neither should any of the rest of us.

Navaro's Talent
05-21-2005, 11:58 PM
I didn't see the 11:00 edition, but they did analyze Dustin Hermanson's pitches today during the 9:00 edition. Finally, people out there who aren't White Sox fans are discovering Hermie's great start!

SOXfnNlansing
05-22-2005, 12:32 AM

3. (This is the most ridiculous baseball-related thing I've heard) Jeff Brantley suggested that the Cubs should make Carlos Zambrano the closer! Why would you make a guy who just through a one hitter, has unbelievable stamina, and is one of the top 5 pitchers in the NL, (not to mention a great starter is much harder to find than a closer) a closer?!

Thats all. I saw the same thing and thought the same thing. They spent 1/2 the segment on zambrano being a closer...... BBTN will try anything to save the cubs and ny teams

NUCatsFan
05-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Another thing that pissed me off was the constant replay of the morons on the street throwing back Dye's homer. Showed it during the highlights and then again during the "Touch Em All" segment. Made it look all cute and that crap. :angry:

Nellie_Fox
05-22-2005, 01:55 AM

1. Cubs/Sox highlights didn't come on until after the third break.But, they "teased" the Sox/Cubs highlights before every break. That means they thought they were a big enough story to keep people staying around to watch the whole show by mentioning that the highlights were coming up. That's a compliment. They don't want to show the biggest story first and then have everyone change the channel.

dcb33
05-22-2005, 02:23 AM
I saw the same thing and thought the same thing. They spent 1/2 the segment on zambrano being a closer... BBTN will try anything to save the cubs and ny teams

I saw it as well and just about fell out of my chair when I heard Brantley suggest this. It's a shame jags like him can get paid a big salary to act like a fool when so many people in this world are starving to death.

As for the Cubs, all they need to do is move Zambrano, Prior, Maddux, Wood, and Rusch to the bullpen and they'll have five No. 1 closers! Talk about unstoppable!!!!

Banix12
05-22-2005, 03:02 AM

Thats all.

Brantley is just making a constructive comment on how to improve the cubs bullpen. The starters pitch well so if you move the starters to the bullpen, the bullpen should be fantastic!

Sleep520
05-22-2005, 03:07 AM
Is there a point to this thread?

TornLabrum
05-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Is there a point to this thread?

No. This thread should be renamed "Seinfeld."

LongLiveFisk
05-22-2005, 11:09 AM
No. This thread should be renamed "Seinfeld."

Ah yes....the "thread about nothing". :D:

samram
05-23-2005, 08:22 AM
I saw the same thing and thought the same thing. They spent 1/2 the segment on zambrano being a closer...... BBTN will try anything to save the cubs and ny teams

Well, I don't have a problem with their analyzing a team's situation, but, for Christ's sake, at least present a solution with some credibility. Teams make closers out of starters who aren't good at starting (Gagne, Isringhausen, Guardado), not guys who have demonstrated that, despite severe mental, uh, oddities, they have no-hit type stuff. Now that I think of it, a guy with Zambrano's disposition could be a disaster out of the pen. Another well-thought out piece of analysis by The Cowboy.