PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on best way to get a cheap ticket for Sunday's game?

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Based on the huge number of Ebay/Craigslist listings, I'm guessing that it will be a buyer's market outside the Urinal tomorrow, so I'm going to head down and try to finagle a cheap single ticket. Even if I have to miss an inning, I would imagine that the prices start dropping drastically as gametime approaches.

Any hints from others who have bought outside the park? Is it better to buy from the guys who sell near Racine vs. right outside the park? I'm hoping to get a kick-ass view of the game and not enrich some scalper scum.

:thumbsup:

patbooyah
05-21-2005, 10:59 PM
i don't think you should have a problem. it was insane how many people were selling on friday. i think people expected the ticket to be hotter than it is. the legal brokers had huge stacks of tickets. tons of well-to-do fans were selling single tickets. it was a madhouse. you'll have no problem.

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 11:01 PM
i don't think you should have a problem. it was insane how many people were selling on friday. i think people expected the ticket to be hotter than it is. the legal brokers had huge stacks of tickets. tons of well-to-do fans were selling single tickets. it was a madhouse. you'll have no problem.

Thanks.

Are you in town just for this series? I heard that your brother Joe graduated a week or two ago...

DrCrawdad
05-21-2005, 11:23 PM
GO TOMORROW! Without a doubt you'll be able to get a ticket outside The Shrine. As mentioned, if the price isn't to your liking, wait it out a bit. The value will drop dramatically once the game starts. There are several brokers over by da El. Of course I'd bet that there will be many people with one or two tickets looking to get something for them.

patbooyah
05-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks.

Are you in town just for this series? I heard that your brother Joe graduated a week or two ago...

i've been in town for a little over a week. i've been busy as hell, though, so have only made it to two games- one was friday, the other was the day game at the cell on wednesday. i'm going to go next week, though, and hopefully meet some of you clowns in person. :)