PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Moment you'll never see on Yankeeography

Baby Fisk
05-21-2005, 10:52 PM
I was stuck having to watch the Mets-Yanks game on Fox today while visiting my folks out of town. Leading off the 7th inning at Shea, unheralded Mets relief pitcher Dae-Sung Koo came up to the plate to face Randy Johnson.

Thus began "Mr. Koo's Totally Awesome Seventh Inning Adventure." It unfolded thus:

Koo stroked a double over Bernie Williams' head and Shea went bonkers.

While the stadium was still rocking, Mets leadoff man Jose Reyes sac bunted and was thrown out at first, successfully moving the runner to third.

OR SO WE THOUGHT! Suddenly, the camera cut to Koo storming towards home plate. The throw to Posada was off line and possibly in time, but Koo slid wiiiiiiiiide around the catcher and tapped the tip of the plate. SAFE!

Bedlam in Shea. Johnson humiliated. The Yankees demoralized. Sweet, sweet business. Well done, Mr. Koo, well done. :bandance:

linky (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20050521&content_id=1057718&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym)

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 11:22 PM
I watched the replay of Koo sliding into home a couple times, and he was definitely tagged out by Posada, well before he touched the plate. Bad running play saved by a blown call by the ump.

Baby Fisk
05-21-2005, 11:24 PM
I watched the replay of Koo sliding into home a couple times, and he was definitely tagged out by Posada, well before he touched the plate. Bad running play saved by a blown call by the ump.

All the sweeter... :cool:

ChiSoxRowand
05-22-2005, 12:00 AM
I liked watching highlights of Jeter making 2 errors in 1 inning yesterday. Not bad for the best defensive shortstop in baseball.

elrod
05-22-2005, 12:33 AM
The best part was where Koo stood in the game against the Reds. He was so far outside his bat couldn't possibly reach the inner part of the strike zone.

Stroker Ace
05-23-2005, 12:46 PM
I saw this and It was hilarious. Talk about a Yankee classic!