PDA

View Full Version : Was Rowand beaned because of his Zambrano comments earlier this week?

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2005, 10:21 PM
I was at work and did not see the game today. I saw that Carlos Zambrano plunked Aaron Rowand pretty good and that Rowand was not happy about it. I am sure this may have been covered in the game thread, but do you think Rowand was plunked because of comments he made about Zambrano earlier this week? Rowand said along the lines that he does not like Zambrano's celebrations, especially against the White Sox.

seanpmurphy
05-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Possibly, but I think it's really that Zambrano is just a dirtbag and he would have beaned every Sox batter given the opportunity.

ChiSoxRowand
05-21-2005, 11:54 PM
I doubt it. It was a 2-2 pitch. If it was on one of the first few pitches I would think he plunked him on purpose.

jdm2662
05-22-2005, 12:45 AM
I don't think either one of them were intentional to be honost. As already mentioned, it was a 2-2 pitch to Rowand, and he already put one guy on base via walk when he plunked AJ. It would've been really stupid to do it, but then again, he's not that smart. I was fine with the Sox getting beamed, provided it didn't cause any injury. It sure as hell didn't look like they were going to get many base runners.
________
Nevada medical marijuana dispensaries (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

shoota
05-22-2005, 02:34 AM
I was at work and did not see the game today. I saw that Carlos Zambrano plunked Aaron Rowand pretty good and that Rowand was not happy about it. I am sure this may have been covered in the game thread, but do you think Rowand was plunked because of comments he made about Zambrano earlier this week? Rowand said along the lines that he does not like Zambrano's celebrations, especially against the White Sox.

I certainly think Zambrano hit Rowand intentionally. If you didn't see a replay, Rowand was hit pretty high up, on his left shoulder. IIRC, nobody was on base on the time he was hit. The count is irrelevant to me. I was hoping we could capitalize out of the free baserunner, but we didn't score that inning.

Had it been a regular game with no history I'd probably say no, but knowing the recent comments Pipes made about Z, the attitude of Zambrano, and the location of the beaning, I'd say it was most definately intentional.

gosox41
05-22-2005, 09:15 AM
I doubt it. It was a 2-2 pitch. If it was on one of the first few pitches I would think he plunked him on purpose.

I think it was intentional. Zambrano is nuts. After nailing Edmonds last year for showboating, he's been a lot smarter about when he nails a batter. He now seems do it at the times where the baseball situation (ie 2-2 count early in the game) don't call for it so he can say that's his excuse. There' no doubt in my mind that Zambrano is probably as selfish as Sosa because he puts extra guys on base. Every player he hits he seems to have a reason to, he just does it at times to make it look like an accident.

Bob