PDA

View Full Version : Gagne on the block?

Spicoli
05-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I didn't see if anybody posted this yet; apologies if this is redundant. At any rate, there is an ESPN article stating that Gagne may be trait bait for the Dodgers. Phil Rogers, the author, speculates that the Sox or the cubs may be possible desitnations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=2064279

I'm not in favor of the Sox trading for him...not what it would cost them player-wsie and in the next two years' salaries.

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 09:37 PM
I didn't see if anybody posted this yet; apologies if this is redundant. At any rate, there is an ESPN article stating that Gagne may be trait bait for the Dodgers. Phil Rogers, the author, speculates that the Sox or the cubs may be possible desitnations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=2064279

I'm not in favor of the Sox trading for him...not what it would cost them player-wsie and in the next two years' salaries.Hendry should pull out all the stops to get him. That's the final piece of the puzzle. :roflmao:

PAPChiSox729
05-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Isn't Gange getting paid like 8 mil? That is way too much for a reliever, I don't care how good he is. I'm glad we have Hermanson. No way would I trade for Gange. Then again, I could see the Dodgers eating about 5 mil and taking Borchard in exchange for Gange.

FedEx227
05-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Its almost that time of the year:

Do the Dodgers have Roberto Alomar? If so I could see working something out..

rowand33
05-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Sox and Cubs are mentioned because Cubune writer Phil Rogers wrote the article.

I don't see the Sox trading for Gagne.

Palpidious
05-21-2005, 09:53 PM
gagne looks like he might have been a little "roidy"

gimmie billy wagner.

rowand33
05-21-2005, 09:54 PM
gagne looks like he might have been a little "roidy"

gimmie billy wagner.

I think Wagner is way more roidy than Gagne.

Soxzilla
05-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Last I checked we had a closer that hasn't given up a run in 20 innings, and has 10 saves.

We don't need no stinkin' Gag-knee.

samram
05-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Last I checked we had a closer that hasn't given up a run in 20 innings, and has 10 saves.

We don't need no stinkin' Gag-knee.

Well, obviously, I would take Gagne in the right deal. However, he is not going anywhere. If you notice, Brazoban has been awful since Gagne came back, so they don't need to subtract from that club, which is already starting to have its holes exposed.

JackParkman
05-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I think Wagner is way more roidy than Gagne.

No way. Wager's a little guy who's always managed to throw hard. Gagne is a guy who mysteriously got thicker and added several mph to his pitches when he moved to the pen. Just as mysteriously, he's lost velocity and had arm problem since late last year. Last I checked, Wagner still throws 99 mph regularly.

batmanZoSo
05-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Hendry should pull out all the stops to get him. That's the final piece of the puzzle. :roflmao:

Hendry likes puzzles!

MHOUSE
05-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Wagner is a heart attack on the mound. He gives up a lot of long fly balls that would get out of the Cell. He can be pretty inconsistent in the strike zone and battled injuries last year. Our bullpen ain't broke, no need to fix it. Gagne gets paid way too much anyways. If we need anything it's a 7th inning guy to push Vizcaino to improve or be gone. Maybe someone like David Weathers or Roberto Hernandez or Jorge Julio?