PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Brantley on ESPN is pure evil

gf2020
05-21-2005, 06:39 PM
:angry::angry::angry:

On Sportscenter JB actually just threw out the theory that El Duque is picking his time on the DL, so he can avoid matchups with the Angels and the Rockies and keep his numbers low.

That is so stupid that it boggles the mind. First of all, the first start he is missing is against the offensive juggernauts that are the Cubs who have put up a total of four runs in the past two games. Second, he has incentives in his contract that are based on production and you need to play to produce.

kevingrt
05-21-2005, 06:41 PM
:angry::angry::angry:

On Sportscenter JB actually just threw out the theory that El Duque is picking his time on the DL, so he can avoid matchups with the Angels and the Rockies and keep his numbers low.

What a complete loser... why even watch ESPN just b/c that jagoff is on

rowand33
05-21-2005, 06:46 PM
guys, he was ****ing joking.

gf2020
05-21-2005, 06:58 PM

I don't think he was. Did anyone else see this?

CardinalFanSox56
05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I dont like the guys on ESPN except Kurkjian. They are ******* morons.

Infallible
05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
joking or not the guys a major dumb 4$$. ESPN only knows the Yankee's, Cubs, Giants, or Dodgers.

mr_genius
05-21-2005, 07:08 PM
that dork on the fox postgame show (guy with retarted mustache) seemed very sad / uneasy about todays outcome

poor guy

:smile:

PAPChiSox729
05-21-2005, 07:09 PM
joking or not the guys a major dumb 4$$. ESPN only knows the Yankee's, Cubs, Giants, or Dodgers.

Don't forget the Red Sox...

buehrle4cy05
05-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Can't Brantley accept the fact that the White Sox are actually a good team?!

Tragg
05-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Torborg did a good job for us. Talked us up most of the game, at least the parts I saw/heard with the sound up.

Wsoxmike59
05-21-2005, 07:24 PM

Jeff Brantley is the effing joke! All that mullet mouse must've seeped into that Rebel cranium of his.

Jeff the Civil War's been over for 140 years now, your great great grand pappy's side lost! Give it up!!! :angry:

mr_genius
05-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Torborg did a good job for us. Talked us up most of the game, at least the parts I saw/heard with the sound up.

he did... probably lookin for a job in the sox fron office

:D:

dickallen15
05-21-2005, 07:55 PM
he did... probably lookin for a job in the sox fron office

:D:

He loves Ozzie. He made Ozzie his 3rd base coach in Montreal and Florida. Torborg also had is greatest success, including being the AL Manager of the Year, with the White Sox. Additionally, there was a lot of talk that if Harold didn't take the bench coach job, Torborg was next in line, and his son is the minor league strength and conditioning coach with the Sox, and is currently with the big league team. Its pretty easy to tell who he's rooting for.

RKMeibalane
05-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Here is a summary of the idiots working at ESPN, and the various teams they root for:

Peter Gammons: East Coast teams (Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Braves, etc.)
Harold Reynolds: West Coast teams (Mariners, Giants, A's, Dodgers, Angels, etc.)
Tim Kirkjian: Stupid teams (Cubs, Rockies, Royals, Nationals, Phillies, etc.)
Jeff Brantley: Teams he played for (Giants, Cardinals, Reds, etc.)
Rick Sutcliffe: See Brantley, Jeff

samram
05-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Can't Brantley accept the fact that the White Sox are actually a good team?!

No, no he can't. He won't and doesn't want to. He's JB damnit!

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Just now on BBTN, they just showed hightlights of the game. All three of those dorks sounded so somber describing the Sox win. And their comments after the highlights were all Cubs-Cubs-Cubs. *****!!!!

dickallen15
05-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Brantley's always been hostile towards the White Sox. Maybe they refused to sign him sometime when he was looking for a job. He definitely has a grudge.

Iwritecode
05-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Did anyone just see Brantley suggest that the Cubs make Zambrano their closer? :?:

He said they have plenty of guys who can start like Rusch and Dempster. :kukoo:

I almost fell of the couch laughing... :roflmao:

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Did anyone just see Brantley suggest that the Cubs make Zambrano their closer? :?:

I saw that, and almost threw my remote at the TV. These drillrods act as if Wood a) will come back, and b) will be on par with the chimerical Carrie Woods of 1998, not to mention Rusch and Dempster being anything resembling serviceable as starters.

Zambrano could possibly be a decent closer, but he's probably the most dependable starter that sad excuse for a team has now. They. Can't. Afford. To. Move. Him. To. The. Pen!

DRILLRODS.

Iwritecode
05-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I saw that, and almost threw my remote at the TV. These drillrods act as if Wood a) will come back, and b) will be on par with the chimerical Carrie Woods of 1998, not to mention Rusch and Dempster being anything resembling serviceable as starters.

Zambrano could possibly be a decent closer, but he's probably the most dependable starter that sad excuse for a team has now. They. Can't. Afford. To. Move. Him. To. The. Pen!

DRILLRODS.

What really got me was when they said "He throws strikes and doesn't walk anybody."

Aparently they didn't see the first two batters of today's game...

dickallen15
05-21-2005, 11:14 PM

DRILLRODS.

Wasn't Carrie's ERA over 6 before he was diagnosed with this later injury? Isn't it probable that a few starts after he comes back he will be shut down again? Why in the world would you take a 23 year old horse, Zambrano was hitting 98 after he had thrown 130 pitches a few starts ago, and make him a 1 inning closer? ESPN really needs to revamp its product. Their "experts" say some of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. You hear more intelligent baseball conversation in the stands at the Urinal. Well, maybe not, but its pretty close.

C-Dawg
05-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Wasn't Carrie's ERA over 6 before he was diagnosed with this later injury? Isn't it probable that a few starts after he comes back he will be shut down again?

Its HIGHLY likely Woods will be injured again very shortly after he returns to duty. His arm is increasingly fragile with age. All of the fame and notoriety he gets stems from his performance in 1998.

Didn't Woods serve a suspension a year or two ago that was "conveniently" rescheduled so he could still play in the Cubs-Yankees matchup at Wrigley Field (on national TV of course)? I hope Brantley remembered to point this little fact out to the audience as well.

Rocklive99
05-21-2005, 11:34 PM

I saw that too, just proves what an idiot he is. There's no need to break down why that's one of the stupidest statements ever, it's like common sense, I'm surprise he didn't offer himself as an option, given his Flubbie love/Sox dissing