PDA

View Full Version : Flubs continue to throwback HR balls

Shorty1983
05-21-2005, 05:17 PM
As you all may have seen JD blasted one out the field and a fan outside the stadium caught the ball and threw it back, is this there only way of getting on T.V or did he just want to impress his girlfriend?

Here's my question why isn't there a rule outside the stadium for bystanders or to the general public not to throw any objects into the stadium? Someone can get hurt or even the players, I don't get why Wrigely officials allows such stupidity.

Infallible
05-21-2005, 06:00 PM
pretty good arm?

chuckn98229
05-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Maybe the scrub brass are monitoring the street outside the urinal to possibly find someone that can throw for their bullpen.

rwcescato
05-21-2005, 06:03 PM
pretty good arm?

I bet that guy lost some good money. It looked liked people were trying to stop him from doing it. What a loser.

Whitesox029
05-21-2005, 06:25 PM
I was really surprised to see the cub fan who caught JD's Friday HR (and made an amazing catch at that; maybe he can play center for them) kept the ball.

ExpoPuddingHead
05-22-2005, 11:04 PM
While i'm against throwing a ball back, my god that throw was amazing.

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Someone should go down there during a game with a hundred or so of their closests friends and bombard the stadium with balls from the outside.

cubhater
05-23-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm interested to find out what security will do if an opposing team's fan throws one back, whether inside or outside of the ball park.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Here's my question why isn't there a rule outside the stadium for bystanders or to the general public not to throw any objects into the stadium? Someone can get hurt or even the players, I don't get why Wrigely officials allows such stupidity.

Speaking of stupidity, did the camera actually show this guy catching the ball, or did he simply hold up a ball to the camera? Did the camera stick with the guy? Did you actually see the ball he caught go from his glove hand to his throwing hand?

How do you know the ball wasn't a fake?

P.T. Barnum was right. There really is a sucker born every minute.