PDA

View Full Version : Vlad to the DL

hawkjt
05-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I have no problem with Vlad coming back in 2 weeks. He is great and hits .400 against the sox. We need to find a way to compete out west and every little bit helps.

What a game today. This is about as good as a sox fan can feel til Oct.

I was probably wrong about Juan being the hero of the series but I did pick AJ.

Jose Jose Jose - you freaking stud - He has the best stuff on this staff. I thought it was Freddy but no- its jose.

kingpin_rcs
05-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Good timing for us. We play 7 of the next 11 games against the Los Angeles Angels of Orange County California, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe and they are without the reigning AL MVP.

Whitesox029
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I have no problem with Vlad coming back in 2 weeks. He is great and hits .400 against the sox. We need to find a way to compete out west and every little bit helps.

What a game today. This is about as good as a sox fan can feel til Oct.

I was probably wrong about Juan being the hero of the series but I did pick AJ.

Jose Jose Jose - you freaking stud - He has the best stuff on this staff. I thought it was Freddy but no- its jose.
I only heard the first 3 innings but I still think Mark has the best stuff on the staff.
What timing with Vlad, though huh? If I had to pick a time for him to start (probably) his only DL stint of 2005 I would have picked right now. The Baseball gods are smiling down upon the White Sox.

rowand33
05-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Jose has the best stuff but is the worst pitcher.

In order of stuff I think it goes:

Contreras
Garcia
Gar/Buehrle
El duque

In order of who has the most pitching smarts:

Buehrle
El Duque
Garland
Garcia
Contreras

Of course, this isn't set in stone, cause today Contreras looked amazing.

To get back on topic:

THANK GOD Vlad is out. This really is a team of destiny, we've even got the injury bug on our side.

ATXBMX
05-21-2005, 08:06 PM
THANK GOD Vlad is out. This really is a team of destiny, we've even got the injury bug on our side.

Yeah, really. No Juan Gonzalez, no Justin Morneau, no Sammy Sosa, no Richie Sexson, no Magglio, and now no Vladimir.

RKMeibalane
05-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm glad that the Sox don't have to worry about Vlad, but I hope he makes it back soon. Guerrero is one of the game's elite players, and I enjoy watching him.

White Sox Josh
05-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Good timing for the Sox but bad timing for my fantasy baseball team.

Hendu
05-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Though it sucks when any player gets injured, I'm sure our pitching staff won't complain with the Sox having to play Anaheim in 7 of the next 11 games.

Usually those west coast trips kill the Sox, but I have a feeling that this trip will be different.

White Sox Josh
05-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Vlad is the best player in the game and Carlos Beltran should not be making more money than him.

seanpmurphy
05-22-2005, 07:39 AM
How big of a difference do you think this is going to make in the upcoming 4-game series with the Angels? Thoughts?

seanpmurphy
05-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Forget this post. Someone already put it up on Talking Baseball. Sorry guys.:redface:

gosox41
05-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Vlad is the best player in the game and Carlos Beltran should not be making more money than him.

Neither should Magglio, even if he were 100% healthy. Gotta love ownres who can't value a baseball player.

Bob

cubhater
05-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Good timing for the Sox but bad timing for my fantasy baseball team.

This hurts my HR Derby.

elrod
05-22-2005, 10:31 AM
The Angels are winning with pitching so Vlad's loss might not hurt that much. It will be a good matchup out there because we tend to rely on the pitching too.

JRIG
05-22-2005, 09:08 PM
I've had Juan Rivera stashed on my AL-only fantasy team, so Vlad can take his time coming back as far as I'm concerned.

Rivera knocked one out today. That's two in three days for him.

PAPChiSox729
05-22-2005, 09:18 PM
The Angels are winning with pitching so Vlad's loss might not hurt that much. It will be a good matchup out there because we tend to rely on the pitching too.

I think Vlad is their BA and HR leader, so his absence is a pretty major hit, IMO.