YES!!!

chisoxmike
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Whew!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Bisco Stu
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Actually it was a true TEAM win, but Jose and PK were the standouts.

As I addressed in the other thread, I was premature in bashing PK, but still anxiuosly awaiting Frank's return.

JGarlandrules20
Um. Wow. That was crazy intense. 31-12!!

Hitmen77
Just like Cubs fans have been telling us all season: The Sox are only in 1st place because they're winning against crappy teams!

:)

NDSox12
05-21-2005, 03:37 PM
HUGE win.... I'm very excited about McCarthy's debut tomorrow now. Shouldn't be nearly as much pressure as it would have been with a loss today.

Way to go Jose!

Reminds me of 83
This is awesome!!

Lets go Sox!!!!!

5-1 in my lucky green hat!!

Wsoxmike59
Great comeback Win today. Let's go for the Sweep!!!

I luuuuuvvvvv dancin' banana's!!!
:bandance: :bandance:

bobelou72
I Loved the way Jeff Torbourg Jinxed the no hitter right after he talked about it Paulie get's a Hit:D: Let's go for the sweep

Jerry Seinfeld
THAT was NICE.:supernana::supernana::supernana:

voodoochile
Never a doubt...

:winner

What did the little banana say to the big bannanas?

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

I hope I grow up to be just like you tonight...

CanBuehrleWait
What an exciting game. Heres to Paulie, Carl, Pods, Contreras and Hermanson.:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::bandance:

Cellview22
05-21-2005, 03:38 PM
What a game! What a season!

I almost hit my head on the roof here, I was jumping so high when Paulie came through with that hit in the 8th. One of the most exciting games of the year so far! Good job Sox fans, you rocked Wrigley today! :bandance:

rwcescato
Whew!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Way to go guys. Kick the flubbie blue butt. I was glad to see Zambrano go. 31-12 wow!!
GO SOX !!!
Rich:bandance:

Palpidious
*calms down*

chisox
god i love white sox baseball

Fenway
A Sox win tomorrow maybe the end of one Dusty Baker

Daver
05-21-2005, 03:39 PM

:whocares

Hendu
05-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Yes!!

Timely hitting, great performance by JC.
Earlier today I bought a pair of tix for the game tomorrow. Hope BMac pitches well...it'd be a luxury to be able to give El Duque some days off every once in a while so he can be fresh for the stretch.

SOXfnNlansing
05-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I Loved the way Jeff Torbourg Jinxed the no hitter right after he talked about it Paulie get's a Hit:D: Let's go for the sweep Does anyone else think that Torbourg sounds a bit like Joe Morgan? Just askin'

He gone
A sweep would be GREAT!!! But winning the series is good :bandance:

I just wish Jose would have drilled Zambrano.

FredManrique
Actually it was a true TEAM win, but Jose and PK were the standouts.

Some of the credit does have to go to the Cubs sucky bullpen.

:bandance::supernana::bandance::supernana::bandanc e:

Reminds me of 83
When you pull Zambrano to get to that half assed bullpen you should be fired.

The Cubs are in turmoil!!!

Hendu
05-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Does anyone else think that Torbourg sounds a bit like Joe Morgan? Just askin'

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Weird.

cubhater
Meet the new Cub Killa....Jermaine Dye!:bandance:

:hawk

I LUUUUVVVVVVVVV Corey Patterson's gold glove!

BigEdWalsh

Aren't they always?

WOOO HOOO! :) :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :)

SOXfnNlansing
Way to go guys. Kick the flubbie blue butt. I was glad to see Zambrano go. 31-12 wow!!
GO SOX !!!
Rich:bandance: I'm so happy that zambrano didn't get a win today. He is such an azz

LongLiveFisk
05-21-2005, 03:43 PM
L

Keep it flying!!

:bandance: :gulp:

boiler up
05-21-2005, 03:44 PM
i was going to throw a brick through my tv watching zambrano. i can't take how he dances around.

he's such a hot head

aniceItch
05-21-2005, 03:44 PM
This team never ceases to amaze me. I doubted Garcia. I doubted Contreras. They both threw gems. PK coming through. Pods. Dye. AJ. Crazy.

C-Dawg
05-21-2005, 03:45 PM
I almost hit my head on the roof here, I was jumping so high when Paulie came through with that hit in the 8th. One of the most exciting games of the year so far!

You're not kidding there! I was in my car, almost home with Scotty and Rowand on base. I started driving around and around the block, rather than go inside and miss Paulie's at-bat while I was away from the radio. He fouled off a bunch of pitches while I kept driving and driving.... Finally he gets that bloop single in and out of Patterson's glove! I'm honking the horn and screaming at pedestrians - Rooney and Farmer are going nuts - wow what a White Sox moment! What a game!

SOXfnNlansing
Crazy Carl came through BIG TIME today, especially with limited play time the past few days. :bandance: Here's to you Carl:gulp:

flo-B-flo
Just can't get over how our fans can be seen coming to their feet during the crucial parts of the game. During yesterdays game you could see Sox fans IMPLORING other Sox fans to GET UP!!! GO-GO SOX!!!!!!!!:bandance:

Soxzilla
05-21-2005, 03:46 PM

Umm. This is the most ignorant comment I've heard all day.

But yea, fantastic win. Amazing win. Orgasmic win.:redneck

cubhater
I just wish Jose would have drilled Zambrano.

That would have been nice, but not after the ump warned both benches and it was a close game. We needed Jose.

voodoochile
This team never ceases to amaze me. I doubted Garcia. I doubted Contreras. They both threw gems. PK coming through. Pods. Dye. AJ. Crazy.

It's a darn pity they had to PH for Contreras (and it worked out so well too) because was on fire. He had a complete game in him for sure.

LongLiveFisk
05-21-2005, 03:47 PM

I hope not. I love the job he's doing over there. :roflmao:

SOXfnNlansing
a win tomorrow we're 20 over:supernana:

NWSox
We're on a mission from God. This our year.

jeremydavid
Will the real Jermaine Dye please stand up??? I literally lost it when Patterson dropped that ball like seriously yelling and screaming like my life depended on it.

Let's all toast this one tonight and get ready for the Brandon McCarthy show cause I have a feeling it's gonna be another statement game. I know it's northside thing but is anyone starting to think that THIS IS OUR YEAR.

GO WHITE SOX GO.

soxfan123
05-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Nice job, team. I would like to congratulate "The Herminator" (DH) on his new record and 10th save.

Let's get the sweep while being the first team to get to 20 over .500.

flo-B-flo
05-21-2005, 03:48 PM
L

Keep it flying!!

:bandance: :gulp: They should just make it their team flag!

chisoxmike
05-21-2005, 03:50 PM
What a game, you have to hand it to (headcase) Zambrano, he was schooling us all day. I am never comfortable when we play the Cubs for some reason...the Sox are going to have their work cut out for them tomorrow.. BMac is making his MAJOR LEAUGE DEBUT on a first place club against their crosstown rival. Its going to be good, Prior is going for the Cubs. GO SOX!

Jjav829
AHAHAHAHAHAHA Zambrano!! Don't you love your bullpen, you psycho bastard? *pumps fist and makes insanely idiotic gesture*

Contreras was great. It's too bad we couldn't score off Zambrano because Contreras with his low un-Zambrano-like pitch count would have finished this one out with the way he was pitching.

Dye is heating up and that is great to see. Make me eat my words, Jermaine! Make me eat them!

Apparently Corey Patterson was trying to catch that ball with the gold glove he hasn't won yet. Here's a clue Corey; the ball has to be inside the glove before you close it! LOL, it's funny just thinking about that again.

Great win all around. It's too bad Politte made it close, but he's allowed to have a bad outing.

owensmouth
They should just make it their team flag!It already is their organization flag.

BRDSR
05-21-2005, 03:51 PM
It's a darn pity they had to PH for Contreras (and it worked out so well too) because was on fire. He had a complete game in him for sure.

No worries, he still picks up the win. He did pitch great and obviously didn't pick up the CG but he should sleep real well tonight knowing he kept his team in the game and gave them a chance to pull out a win. Great game by JC.

That Patterson play was classic. It's not like he didn't get to the ball in time. He just close his glove too soon. I've never seen anything quite like it. But thanks for the gift Corey, lets sweep 'em tomorrow! I can't make it but Sox fans have got to get out there and show their support for BMac. What a way to make your major league debut.

C-Dawg
05-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm so happy that zambrano didn't get a win today. He is such an azz

Watching the game, and later listening on the radio, was putting me in such a bad mood today with Zambrano in there. That 8th inning, with Zambrano gone, felt like a load had been lifted from my shoulders!

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

NDSox12
05-21-2005, 03:52 PM
It already is their organization flag.

Yeah, except it needs to be a white flag :)

Thunderstruck30
05-21-2005, 03:52 PM
How bout Derek Lee doing his best Mark Grace impression getting picked off 1st.

FarWestChicago
05-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Dye is heating up and that is great to see. Make me eat my words, Jermaine! Make me eat them!LOL!! He's been trying awful hard since you got all over him. :thumbsup:

flo-B-flo
05-21-2005, 03:55 PM
That would have been nice, but not after the ump warned both benches and it was a close game. We needed Jose. I hate when they warn both teams after the first hbp. After there is an answer by the offended team, THEN there shoiuld be the warning. That written, McCarthy should throw one behind Pryor on the first pitch.

ElevenUp
05-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I was glad to see Zambrano on a pitch count today. Once they took him out I figured the Cubs bullpen would choke another one away. :redneck

Fenway
05-21-2005, 04:00 PM
http://mlans.dynip.com/blogpics/2004-06/2004-06-27-scoreboard.jpg

L

owensmouth
05-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I was glad to see Zambrano on a pitch count today. Once they took him out I figured the Cubs bullpen would choke another one away. :redneck
So did all the Cubs' fans. Ain't consistency grand???

BRDSR
05-21-2005, 04:01 PM
I hate when they warn both teams after the first hbp. After there is an answer by the offended team, THEN there shoiuld be the warning. That written, McCarthy should throw one behind Pryor on the first pitch.

In fact, both sides were warned after the second hbp. Zambrano plunked two of the Sox batters. Thats really frustrating when they both get warned after only one team does the beaning. Theres an element of retaliation in the game of baseball that I wish MLB would recognize and let it happen. That said, I don't want to bring up a guy from AAA and in his first big league start tell him to throw behind or plunk anyone. If he wants to do it on his own, he can and shoudl go ahead. BTW, anyone know if BMac was in the dugout today or if he'll be suiting up for the first time tomorrow?

rwcescato
05-21-2005, 04:04 PM
i was going to throw a brick through my tv watching zambrano. i can't take how he dances around.

he's such a hot head

I did notice that he did a lot less dancing and showing up the Sox players today. I wander if he saw Rowands quote about how he hated him. Maybe thats why he got plunked.

Frankfan4life
05-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Congrats to the White Sox on a great come from behind win, another series win and another road win. This team is fantastic! :bandance:

A. Cavatica
05-21-2005, 04:05 PM
We're on a mission from God.

Now that should be this year's slogan.

harwar
05-21-2005, 04:07 PM
All the cub fans around us were absolutely livid that baker took zambrano out but i think that he was at something like 110 pitches.
Before yesterday i wasn't out to wrigley for quite a few years,and although its been a great time,i can't wait to get back home to Sox Park.
After tomorrows game,if my heart holds out,i'm looking forward to a break.. SHEESH ...

WHITE SOX BASEBALL .. win or dye trying

ChiSoxGirl
05-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I knew as soon as we got to the Scrub bullpen, it was our game to lose! Yay for Konerko with the clutch single in the 8th! I was furious sitting on my couch watching Zambrano throw that one-hitter, but as soon as I saw him head into the clubhouse, I knew it was over! :bandance:

Props go out to all the Sox fans at The Shrine chanting "Paulie, Paulie!" in the 8th and any other time the Sox set themselves up for a big inning! :D:

Keep the L flag flying at The Urinal through tomorrow at this time, and let's hope for a Twins loss tonight! Cheers to everyone on the Sox team for today's awesome TEAM EFFORT! :cheers:

surfdudes
05-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Way to keep them in the game J. Contreras!

Andale! Purate! Si Se Puedas!

Maximo
05-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Very awkward time for Cub fans, most Chicago sportswriters, and the Mike Murphys of the world. Either they will have to begin paying homage to the Sox....or criticize the hell out of their beloved Cubs. Either way.....it's a great moment to be a Sox fan.

SOXfnNlansing
05-21-2005, 04:23 PM
that Kennedy guy on FOX network seemed pretty heartbroken to report that the cubs' bullpen has blown half their leads this year, and Corey McFerrin? on Fox32 seemed a little down with the results also.

hose
05-21-2005, 04:25 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

hose
05-21-2005, 04:28 PM
that Kennedy guy on FOX network seemed pretty heartbroken to report that the cubs' bullpen has blown half their leads this year, and Corey McFerrin? on Fox32 seemed a little down with the results also.

Corey is a Sox fan.

hose
05-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I was very pleased to see Jose pitch a great game, man does he have good stuff. If Coop can keep working with him Contreras has a chance to be flat out dominant.

What a big at bat by Paulie and then Carl wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dye comes off the bench and hits a homer:bandance:

Great call by Rooney on Paulie's hit:bandance:

Tragg
05-21-2005, 04:36 PM

Is Baker seriously on the hot seat?

chisoxfanforever
05-21-2005, 04:41 PM
You're not kidding there! I was in my car, almost home with Scotty and Rowand on base. I started driving around and around the block, rather than go inside and miss Paulie's at-bat while I was away from the radio. He fouled off a bunch of pitches while I kept driving and driving.... Finally he gets that bloop single in and out of Patterson's glove! I'm honking the horn and screaming at pedestrians - Rooney and Farmer are going nuts - wow what a White Sox moment! What a game!

The second best thing to hearing Rooney and Farmer going nuts would have been Santo's "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
What a great game! I have never hear so many dammits from cub fan sister since the cubs/marlins playoff game! It was great!

rockinrobin12
05-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple months, and just want to say hello since I finally signed up because the Sox discussion around here is excellent.

Rumor has it from a cub fan friend of mine that Dusty was told he had to beat the Sox, seems like the Cubune is getting a little scared of the Sox, I just got back from the game and it seemed like Sox fans were definitely making themselves heard all day, did it come through like that on TV?

DSpivack
05-21-2005, 04:44 PM

Gotta love a team that waves the white flag when they win.

goodsy72
05-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Did anyone else think that when that ball went off Patterson's glove that this is our year. This year it seems like all the little breaks we need are going our way. Like when Crede fouled that pitch off, that the third baseman muffed, and on the next pitch he hit a homer. It's the little things like that this year that are going our way, when in past years they always went the other way. I truly love this. I hope the baseball gods keep smiling on us all season long.:)

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Whatever happened to Zambrano being on a pitch count? Oh. He threw only 108 pitches. A short day compared to his usual 135.

ISU_SoxFan
05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I have been a lurker for quite sometime....but I just wanted to post how fun this team is to watch. They are never out of a game and can come back at any time. LETS GO SWEEP THE SCRUBS TOMORROW!!!

slavko
05-21-2005, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanforever]The second best thing to hearing Rooney and Farmer going nuts would have been Santo's "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
QUOTE] I did the "NOOOOOOOOOO" "HE DROPS THE BALL" sitting at the golf course bar in a bunch of blue sheep. Almost made the crappy 94 I shot worth it.

ChiSoxRowand
05-21-2005, 04:58 PM

yea

Shorty1983
05-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Just like Cubs fans have been telling us all season: The Sox are only in 1st place because they're winning against crappy teams!

Seriously, they must have some clue that the Sox are for real this year. Maybe if we get the sweep we can get some respect, but like someone said earlier our record speaks for it self.

31-12 You can put that on the booooarrrrdd, yeeeessss!!! :bandance:

ChiSoxRowand
05-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I just got back from the game and it seemed like Sox fans were definitely making themselves heard all day, did it come through like that on TV?

yep

JohnBasedowYoda
05-21-2005, 05:11 PM
today's win was more beautiful than jessica alba, a newborn baby, all the works of van gogh, a sunset, a sunrise, and the american flag all rolled into one.

MIgrenade
05-21-2005, 05:15 PM
A win tomorrow puts the Sox 20 games over, how awesome is that?! Unfortunately I have to graduate tomorrow...boooo

chisoxfan64
05-21-2005, 05:18 PM
I`m at a loss for words. This is just too damn good.

krohnjw
05-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Great outing by Contreras, 1 BB for him! Let's get the sweep tomororw!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

mike squires
05-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Luckily you were not behind someone with a Honk if your horny bumper sticker...you could have been in trouble! Great win and a good day to be a Sox fan...

Frankfan4life
05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I have been a lurker for quite sometime....but I just wanted to post how fun this team is to watch. They are never out of a game and can come back at any time. LETS GO SWEEP THE SCRUBS TOMORROW!!!

I've been lurking here for a couple months, and just want to say hello since I finally signed up because the Sox discussion around here is excellent.

Rumor has it from a cub fan friend of mine that Dusty was told he had to beat the Sox, seems like the Cubune is getting a little scared of the Sox, I just got back from the game and it seemed like Sox fans were definitely making themselves heard all day, did it come through like that on TV?

Welcome new WSI'ers. Glad to have you on board! :welcome:

As far as Dusty's job is concerned, McPhail is denying that Dusty's job is in jeopardy. I was listening to the cubs postgame show today and the fans are calling for Dusty's head. However, if the cubs play well below 500 or wind up with a losing record this year, Dusty's job will be in jeopardy.

mdep524
05-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Konerko's hit was nice, and it's great to see Dye coming out of his slump, but to me Contreras is the real story here. I've had my doubts about Contreras, but he is proving me wrong and coming through BIG TIME for this team! Working quick, throwing strikes, being aggressive...

Here's to you big man:cheers: If he can keep this up, we will be totally unstoppable.

On the offensive side, Pods' infield chopper and SB turned this game around. God bless those legs!!

mr_genius
05-21-2005, 05:42 PM

haha, i thought McFerrin was gonna start crying... he looked completely dejectred

OzzieBall
05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Wow, what a game. Thanks go out to mdep524 (mike) for the tickets. What a great, great time.

The urinal was full of Sox fans and when the ball dropped out of Patterson's glove, the fans around us went crazy. My dad came with and he said he hasnt had that much fun at a game in a long time. Great pitching from both starters, and timely hitting by the White Sox to win the game. Just a great baseball game.

Would love to hear Rooney and Farmio's call of Konerko's single.

Finally, there really is no better feeling than leading a group of Sox fans in a rendition of "Na Na Na" at the "the Shirine".

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Cellview22
05-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I was shocked at the amount of Sox fans in the crowd this year. I remember last year it seemed like 95% were Cubs fans during that July 4th weekend at Wrigley. This year every camera shot in the crowd, it seemed like half of the fans were wearing Sox jerseys or hats. Do you guys think it'll be majority Sox fans at the Cell next month when we play the Cubs?? It seems they're all in hiding. Isn't this the best season ever! :D:

I'm surprised that the media in Chicago hasn't mentioned anything about the impressive amount of vocal Sox fans at the game. Remember last year at the Cell, that's all Brad Palmer talked about...the amount of Cubs fans vs Sox fans. I just watched him a few minutes ago make a complete fool of himself, making excuses for the Cubs and appearing visibly crushed. And just a few months ago on the CLTV round table, he claimed he wasn't a fan of either team since it would get in the way of his job. :rolleyes:

mdep524
05-21-2005, 05:48 PM
I was shocked at the amount of Sox fans in the crowd this year. HUGE amount of Sox fans today... definitely more than in the past. Getting the "Pauuu-leee!" "Let's go White Sox," and "Na na na na" chants as well as high fives up and down the aisles felt so good. The energy at the park was intense!

shoota
05-21-2005, 06:12 PM
This certainly feels good. The second straight efficient outing by Jose Contreras. I believe I heard he threw 78 pitches through 7 innings, allowing only 1 run.

The Cubs did run on him though. Off the top of my head, I think the Cubs stole 3 bases off of him. I think Burnitz even stole one. :o:

Contreras has made excellent progress with this pitch efficiency, now Coop and El Duque need to help him become faster to the plate.

I wasn't much of a Contreras fan before this season started, now I have much respect for his ability to follow directions and effectively implement those instructions. Nice work again Jose. :gulp:

EDIT: In addition to Contreras's excellent progress with his pitch efficiency, he has also worked very hard to stop tipping his pitches. I have much respect for an athlete who addresses a problem and changes it for the better. That's dedication. That's taking and following advice, and then benefitting from it. That's a winning attitude. I think Contreras's work ethic is more impressive than his sold results.

ribbierhubarb
05-21-2005, 06:18 PM
As mentioned upthread, Corey McFerrin is a White Sox fan.

mr_genius
05-21-2005, 06:20 PM
As mentioned upthread, Corey McFerrin is a White Sox fan.

no

batmanZoSo
05-21-2005, 06:24 PM
today's win was more beautiful than jessica alba, a newborn baby, all the works of van gogh, a sunset, a sunrise, and the american flag all rolled into one.

Tomorrow's sweep will make all that look like a pile of puke.

Brian26
05-21-2005, 06:29 PM

No. Torborg seriously rules.

Brian26
05-21-2005, 06:31 PM
That would have been nice, but not after the ump warned both benches and it was a close game. We needed Jose.

Unfortunately the hot head got to drill two of our guys and then the warning was issued before we could retaliate.

Brian26
05-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Apparently Corey Patterson was trying to catch that ball with the gold glove he hasn't won yet. Here's a clue Corey; the ball has to be inside the glove before you close it! LOL, it's funny just thinking about that again.

Yeah, and I wonder how much those dumbass robo-cop sunglasses helped him in that case too? Every one of the crybabies was wearing the sunglasses, and they looked like schmucks dropping balls left and right.

Brian26
05-21-2005, 06:36 PM

:bandance:

Brian26
05-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Remember last year at the Cell, that's all Brad Palmer talked about...the amount of Cubs fans vs Sox fans. I just watched him a few minutes ago make a complete fool of himself, making excuses for the Cubs and appearing visibly crushed.

What's new? How this guy still has a job in Chicago is beyond me.

SOXfnNlansing
05-21-2005, 06:43 PM
As mentioned upthread, Corey McFerrin is a White Sox fan. I think you need to get a copy of the post game show and you'll know we are only saying what we are seeing.

Norberto7
05-21-2005, 06:44 PM
The thing that pleasantly surprised me most about the game was Contreras' relatively low pitch count. What was it, something like 78 for 7 innings? That's getting the job done. Only one walk will do that for ya.

I can understand there is no love lost for Zambrano, who looks about as smart as a bag of hammers and acts like a little leaguer, but how many of us would still take him on our rotation? I, for one, could tolerate that for the way he throws the ball. Thoughts?

Brian26
05-21-2005, 06:45 PM
I think you need to get a copy of the post game show and you'll know we are only saying what we are seeing.

I'm not so sure he's a Sox fan either. I've seen him kiss too much scrub ass in the past few years. If anything, he's a bandwagon jumper. There's no way he bleeds silver and black.

popilius
05-21-2005, 06:45 PM
YEEESSS! Let's go for the sweep!

PicktoCLick72
05-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Just got back from work and it seems i missed a pretty good game. THis team just know when to put in into high gear. If I see another Konerko bashing thread i'm gonna hurl. WE are 19 games over .500 so it is obviuosly not that big of a problem. He came up with another big hit again today. I'm sorry if he is not hitting .300 but he is coming up big when we need him. Let's go for the sweep tomorrow and get Dusty fired.

ClaudelSleptHere
05-21-2005, 07:07 PM
How about a revote for centerfielder on the all-city team.

chisoxfanatic
05-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Ya know, I wish Hawk and DJ would've been doing the game today so that we could've heard Hawk scream "C'MON AARON!!! C'MON AARON!!!" as Rowand was rounding third to score the go-ahead run on Konerko's 2-RBI single.

Great game, Sox fans...Bragging rights is ours!!!

SluggersAway
05-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Contreras deserves a lot of credit, he kept us in the game and that is all the WS asked of him. Konerko's hit was very timely, the Sox did a great job with 2 outs late in the game, and that is what winning teams do. Dye just showed all the superficial fans that he has come out of his slump, but in reality he has had a great month, I hope he continues to do so. The bull pen keeps rocking. Great win Sox, just don't celebrate too much yet.

Side note: It seems unfair that the team can't go out and celebrate after so many great wins, but I guess that is why they get paid the big bucks! Wait till the big win in October guys, I'm sure it will be worth it!

mccoydp
05-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Is Baker seriously on the hot seat?

I sure hope so. Anyone who lets a pitcher go 136 pitches (and then has a hurt arm) should be fired.

goodsy72
05-21-2005, 08:03 PM
:tomatoaward

Hey we hit 100 . Now lets go for the sweep !!!!!!:supernana:

NorthlakeTom
05-21-2005, 08:08 PM
The bull pen keeps rocking.
Yes. I'm not even concerned about Politte. The guy has been lights out so far, and he was bound to give up some runs sooner or later. The great thing is that we have a deep pen. Any one of those pitchers can get the job done. It looks like Vizcaino is getting it together, and if Shingo comes around, the bullpen will be unstoppable.

Baby Fisk
05-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Orgasmic win.:redneck:o:
Remind me never to sit next to you at a Sox game, LOL! :cheers:

Seriously tho, a few more wins like these and I'll have to break out the credit card and buy a giant banana costume so I can perform these rump-shakin' moves for real:

"We rule!"

Infallible
05-21-2005, 09:20 PM
I sure hope so. Anyone who lets a pitcher go 136 pitches (and then has a hurt arm) should be fired.

yeah and take his damned computer away from, it seems Zambrano has been looking at too much pr0n and hurt his arm.........

balke
05-21-2005, 09:37 PM
My Rookie vs. your Prior for the sweep. BRinG IT!!!! Michael Wuertz for MVP!!! (OF THE WHITE SOX!)

batmanZoSo
05-21-2005, 09:45 PM
:o:

Seriously tho, a few more wins like these and I'll have to break out the credit card and buy a giant banana costume so I can perform these rump-shakin' moves for real:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's hilarious. :cool:

If I ever find a banana costume, I'll wear it to the Cell and do the dance on the outfield concourse. That would be too funny. Every WSI poster in the house would flock to that location. Only our ilk would "get it." :D:

Unregistered
05-21-2005, 09:59 PM
:winner

Nothin' else to say - this team just doesn't quit. :bandance:

Also, considering all the matchups that went right today, this may be one of the best days (matchup wise) in my personal baseball history.

Sox win
Twins Lose
Cubs Lose
Cards Win
Yankees Lose

etc
etc

:D:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Tomorrow's sweep will make all that look like a pile of puke.

....and when we sweep at the cell?

thepaulbowski
05-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Remember how Cingular was giving away those "W" flags last year? Maybe US Cellular should start giving away the "L" flags. :cool:

batmanZoSo
05-21-2005, 10:08 PM
....and when we sweep at the cell?

http://events.clowningaround.com/images/Lookalike%20Photos/Austin%20Powers%20shagadelic.jpg
Well, that would just be smashing, Basil. Mmmhwahehaheooehheh...hahhh...:D:

chisoxfanatic
05-21-2005, 10:19 PM
http://events.clowningaround.com/images/Lookalike%20Photos/Austin%20Powers%20shagadelic.jpg
Well, that would just be smashing, Basil. Mmmhwahehaheooehheh...hahhh...:D:

That guy's scarier than Ronnie Woo Woo!

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2005, 10:25 PM
I'd love to know how Santo reacted when Patterson missed the ball.

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 10:26 PM
I'd love to know how Santo reacted when Patterson missed the ball.You're kidding, right?

:santo Ohhhh, nooooo!!

mccoydp
05-21-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah and take his damned computer away from, it seems Zambrano has been looking at too much pr0n and hurt his arm.........

Remember, it was tennis elbow, caused by his hitting. That's what Chicago's AAA team (i.e. the Scrubs) and their propaganda machine (i.e. the Tribune company) would have you believe.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-21-2005, 10:28 PM
That guy's scarier than Ronnie Woo Woo!

i saw that pile of human waste on friday......outside the game. all the rage that such a site could inspire in a man...let me tell you. i bottled it in and walked on for i knew i was on my way to see a sox victory

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2005, 10:28 PM
You're kidding, right?

:santo Ohhhh, nooooo!!

Is that how it really happened? I figure it would have been something like this:

:hughes
"The ball gets away from Patterson..."

:santo
Ahhhhh....GEEEEZZZ!!!

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Is that how it really happened? I figure it would have been something like this:

Ahhhhh....GEEEEZZZ!!!I didn't hear it, but either would be a good guess.

mccoydp
05-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Great outing by Contreras, 1 BB for him! Let's get the sweep tomororw!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

I've been too hard on Contreras.

Here's one for you, Jose! :gulp:

C-Dawg
05-21-2005, 10:40 PM

Ahhhhh....GEEEEZZZ!!!

Good old WGN - Radio For Dead People! I can't imagine listening to an entire game broadcast by those two mopes without eventually running my car into a bridge abutment - on purpose! Just a few minutes spent listening to Rooney and Farmer exposes the poor choice the Tribune made in selecting their team's radio broadcasters.

Shoeless Joe
05-21-2005, 10:54 PM
:supernana: I'll dance a jig for two great wins this weekend. But of course the topping on the cake is a sweep! You're going to have the White Sox nation cheering for you Mr. McCarthy....Don't screw it up!

FarWestChicago
05-21-2005, 11:00 PM
You're going to have the White Sox nation cheering for you Mr. McCarthy....Ummm, we don't have a "nation", we have something else:

:churrosarmy:

Iwritecode
05-21-2005, 11:12 PM
It's not like he didn't get to the ball in time. He just close his glove too soon. I've never seen anything quite like it.

I actually did it one time in a game. It was left field and I didn't dive for the ball but I kept running, finally caught up with it and watched it go right into the side of my glove. :redface:

Fortunately I wasn't getting paid millions to play the game... :tongue:

Iwritecode
05-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Would love to hear Rooney and Farmio's call of Konerko's single.

It was Rooney doing the PBP at that point. It was something like:

"The ball hit into centerfield. Dropping! Dropping! Dropping! and it hits off of Patterson's glove!"

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I actually did it one time in a game. It was left field and I didn't dive for the ball but I kept running, finally caught up with it and watched it go right into the side of my glove. :redface:

Fortunately I wasn't getting paid millions to play the game... :tongue:

I just wonder if closing your glove before the ball reaches it is considered one of the vaunted "five tools" Patty Cakes is supposedly blessed with.

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 11:17 PM

"The ball hit into centerfield. Dropping! Dropping! Dropping! and it hits off of Patterson's glove!"It's on the Sox website.

chidonez
05-21-2005, 11:18 PM
:o:

"We rule!"

Oh man, this has to be done!!!! We must have a banana costume!

ChiSoxGirl
05-21-2005, 11:18 PM

"The ball hit into centerfield. Dropping! Dropping! Dropping! and it hits off of Patterson's glove!"

I was watching the game, but had my walkman in my ears for the better play-by-play. Rooney sounded like he was in the midst of a grabber when he was calling the top of the 8th- he was so excited! I don't know which of his calls was better- PK's clutch single off Patterson's glove or his call on Crazy Carl's base hit immediately after! I'm just glad we have two to choose from! :bandance:

Jjav829
05-21-2005, 11:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's hilarious. :cool:

If I ever find a banana costume, I'll wear it to the Cell and do the dance on the outfield concourse. That would be too funny. Every WSI poster in the house would flock to that location. Only our ilk would "get it." :D:

I'll get the costume if you'll actually wear it and do the dance on the fan deck. That would be a site to see!

TornLabrum
05-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Ummm, we don't have a "nation", we have something else:

:churrosarmy:

Somehow Sox Army doesn't seem right, either. There are too few of us. "The few, the proud, the...."

FarWestChicago
05-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Somehow Sox Army doesn't seem right, either. There are too few of us. "The few, the proud, the...."True, but Sox Army goes back years. :D:

CubKilla
05-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I'd love to know how Santo reacted when Patterson missed the ball.

I seriously think Santo may have stepped away for a few minutes cause the silence from Santo was deafening. I switched over to the WGN broadcast after the game was over to laugh at the Hughes/Santo calls and Hughes was very much in Brant Brown form..... saying, "..... AND PATTERSON DROPS THE BALL! PATTERSON DROPS THE BALL! PODSEDNIK SCORES, ROWAND'S BEING WAVED AROUND, AND THE SOX NOW LEAD 2-1!"

No Santo either on the Dye HR call.

Jurr
05-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Here's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard about Cubs fans. Apparently, there's a bunch of morons that sit outside the park on Waveland with buckets of balls (of no importance). Anyway, when someone hits a homer onto Waveland, the guys run down the balls and collect them. When it's an opposing player, the guys keep the ball and throw back one of their bucket balls to appease the crowd. I have a buddy that's a huge North Side fan that has been on Waveland and informed me of this. That's probably what happened today with that Dye homer.

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Here's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard about Cubs fans. Apparently, there's a bunch of morons that sit outside the park on Waveland with buckets of balls (of no importance). Anyway, when someone hits a homer onto Waveland, the guys run down the balls and collect them. When it's an opposing player, the guys keep the ball and throw back one of their bucket balls to appease the crowd. I have a buddy that's a huge North Side fan that has been on Waveland and informed me of this. That's probably what happened today with that Dye homer.

I watched the replay of the Dye home run, and it appears that the Flubbie moron who threw the ball back actually threw the HR ball itself. As he starts running toward the park to get momentum to throw the ball, there are 2 other Flubbie morons trying to grab him to keep him from throwing. And then, perhaps most strangely of all, there's another guy who starts running in the same way right next to the guy, and he fakes like he's throwing something, too. There's also a little punk in a "Sox Suck" t-shirt to complete the tableau.

All in all, a decent encapsulation of why I really, really, really hate Flub fans.

shoota
05-22-2005, 12:03 AM
I seriously think Santo may have stepped away for a few minutes cause the silence from Santo was deafening. I switched over to the WGN broadcast after the game was over to laugh at the Hughes/Santo calls and Hughes was very much in Brant Brown form..... saying, "..... AND PATTERSON DROPS THE BALL! PATTERSON DROPS THE BALL! PODSEDNIK SCORES, ROWAND'S BEING WAVED AROUND, AND THE SOX NOW LEAD 2-1!"

No Santo either on the Dye HR call.

I turned over to 720 after Konerko's single plated the go ahead run. I was disappointed that I didn't hear Santo say anything. All I heard was Hughes. I turned back over after Dye's homer and he was silent again. I was very disappointed not to hear Santo cry in agony. Though when the Cubs threatened late in the game and scored a couple of runs he wouldn't shut up.

I was listening to the Fox announcers for a bit and they said that Tennis elbow is an injury on the outside of the elbow, but Zambrano's injury is on the inside part of his elbow. That must be incorrect because the Cubs training staff would never lie or mislead its fans.

shoota
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM

I love Rooney, but sometimes he hits a nerve with me when he excitedly announces a Sox long fly ball or a possible hit, only to watch the ball fall short of the warning track. Joyously, I didn't have that problem on Premature Patty Cakes's error, ERR, Konerko's single.

SOXfnNlansing
05-22-2005, 12:25 AM
I just wonder if closing your glove before the ball reaches it is considered one of the vaunted "five tools" Patty Cakes is supposedly blessed with.

:) We need to ask DJ about that since he's in love with patterson

cheeses_h_rice
05-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey, dude, what's the score?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17679064.jpg

5-3, dude!

shoota
05-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey, dude, what's the score?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17679064.jpg

5-3, dude!

teal Typical Sox fans. They have no idea what's going on in the game. One Sox fan is signaling touchdown after a home run (wrong sport, idiot) and the other is calling for a Diamond Dallas Page Diamond Cutter.

Yo it's me. It's me. It's D D P.

Self High Five. DD P. TOOOOO COOL!!!!!!

MUsoxfan
05-22-2005, 12:42 AM
teal Typical Sox fans. They have no idea what's going on in the game. One Sox fan is signaling touchdown after a home run (wrong sport, idiot) and the other is calling for a Diamond Dallas Page Diamond Cutter.

Yo it's me. It's me. It's D D P.

Self High Five. DD P. TOOOOO COOL!!!!!!

And Shoota gets the award for "Obscure Reference of the Day". A great obscure reference at that.:D:

Cowhead418
05-22-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm going to the game today! I'll be sure to be as loud as possible!:wink:

nasox
05-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I'll get the costume if you'll actually wear it and do the dance on the fan deck. That would be a site to see!

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/12424.jpg?is=225,225,0xffffff (javascript:openwindowlink())

Like that? 50 bucks!

I would buy one and write WSI Dancin Nana on the back.