PDA

View Full Version : "you know nothing about baseball"

cwsox
05-21-2005, 02:51 PM
cubbie fans are going nuts at cubs.com after the Sox scored and one cubs fan posted the following:

"LOL... i swear to god, some of you guys have to be some of the most unintelligent people i've ever been witness to. which of course includes the fact that you know absolutely nothing about baseball... any clue how difficult it is to even get to that ball? of course not, you HATE that walk to the fridge for another mountain dew..."

I thought it was only us why said they know nothing about baseball; they say to to each other too!

skobabe8
05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
what was that in reference to?

halfpricemonday
05-21-2005, 04:58 PM
what was that in reference to?

Probably Cub "fans" ripping Patterson when he couldn't get the glove on Paulie's single that put us up 2-1.

I had to read the post a few times, but I finally figured out it was a Cub fan ripping other Cub fans...I guess it's hard to understand the nuances of the game when, as Buehrle mentioned the other day, you're drunk 4 hours before 1st pitch. :smile:

shoota
05-21-2005, 06:19 PM
cubbie fans are going nuts at cubs.com after the Sox scored and one cubs fan posted the following:

"LOL... i swear to god, some of you guys have to be some of the most unintelligent people i've ever been witness to. which of course includes the fact that you know absolutely nothing about baseball... any clue how difficult it is to even get to that ball? of course not, you HATE that walk to the fridge for another mountain dew..."

I thought it was only us why said they know nothing about baseball; they say to to each other too!

I haven't been over there yet, but Patterson should have caught that ball. It hit his glove. He just prematurely closed it while trying to make the highlight reel. The showoff move lost the game for them.

PAPChiSox729
05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
I haven't been over there yet, but Patterson should have caught that ball. It hit his glove. He just prematurely closed it while trying to make the highlight reel. The showoff move lost the game for them.

Yeah, I was glad that it was Patterson that made the game-losing play. Of all of the Cubs' position players, I like Patterson the least. I'm sure he is an ok guy, but he seems like a selfish player, like an anti-Rowand. Patterson has a lot of talent with the speed and power. But always tries to do everything by himselfinstead of trusting his teammates. Aaron knows what needs to be done to win. He knows what he can and can't do and lets the other guys help him. Granted Rowand is a great player, but I attribute that more because of his hard work rather than his talent. Two very different players; I'm glad we got Aaron.

bigfoot
05-21-2005, 08:49 PM
...... He just prematurely closed it while trying to make the highlight reel. The showoff move lost the game for them.

Premature Snabulation?

slavko
05-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Premature Snabulation?
I love it. Seriously, it was showboating. If he runs low to the ground with glove extended like Piersall says to, he makes the catch easily without diving.

DrCrawdad
05-21-2005, 09:16 PM
I really don't care whether or not Patterson should have caught it. All I know or care is that the much ballyhooed Patterson dropped the ball and it opened the door for another...

:winner

I'll leave it to Cubbie fans to beat themselves in lamentation about The Drop.