PDA

View Full Version : Todays lineup- no pods or gooch?

hawkjt
05-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry if carl gets a little rusty but I like going with the hot lineup. Sitting Pods against a tough righty is suspect. He stirs the drink. Willie at least is a lefty /righty matchup but Carl is not about to go deep against the wind out of RF today. Just my thought is that Pods should sit against leftys only.

NDSox12
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Sorry if carl gets a little rusty but I like going with the hot lineup. Sitting Pods against a tough righty is suspect. He stirs the drink. Willie at least is a lefty /righty matchup but Carl is not about to go deep against the wind out of RF today. Just my thought is that Pods should sit against leftys only.

According to MLB GameDay, Pods is in the lineup but no Iguchi. Here's the lineup they have posted:

Podsednik
Harris
Rowand
Konerko
Pierzynski
Everett
Uribe
Crede
Contreras

hawkjt
05-21-2005, 11:23 AM
My bad- I just heard that Carl is in for JD. I like that better. Just glad Pods will be in to harass Z. Now if Willie has a good game behind Pods we should be in good shape. Go Sox!!!

jabrch
05-21-2005, 11:31 AM
I know this statement is about to turn PHG's stomach, but I really don't mind seeing Willie get a chance to play every now and then at 2B against a RHP. I wouldn't want this to happen all the time, but a start every 4th or 5th game really isn't a bad idea as long as he keeps producing. (.289/.372)

mccoydp
05-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Lineup is ok, but Ozzie should move Pierzynski up one and move Paulie down one. A.J.'s been good in the clutch recently. Paulie has been hitting as of late, but A.J. has been on fire.
That's the only change I would make; don't mean to "Tinker".:D:

Rocklive99
05-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh how I love Pods, did anyone see how bothered Maddux was yesterday? It is SOOOO awesome to watch when he gets on base.

HomeFish
05-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I hope Timo is available for pinch-running.

Timo has two HRs off Maddux in his career, by the way. Maybe he should have been pinch hit yesterday at some point.

firejauron
05-21-2005, 12:14 PM
I know Iguchi had a rough game yesterday, but he seems like the kind of player who will redeem himself after a big game and have a big game the next time out. I wish we had him in the lineup, especially with El Duque on the mound. Hopefully Willie can step up.