PDA

View Full Version : Latest nonsense around the Urinal

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I was with coworkers down in the "Bartman corner" of the left field line and got a good look at the guy who caught Dye's dinger in the "family section" in left field (Friday afternoon's game). Later I watched the Comcast replay of the telecast, too. They deliberately didn't show that guy's shirt because it had a defaced 80's Sox logo featuring the slogan "Sux." The TV cameraman was literally right next to this guy, too, so there was noooo mistakening what he and his director back in the truck were up to either.

I mention this because the guy was a CUBS FAN. He wouldn't be wearing a "Sux" shirt if he wasn't and nobody watching the game on TV (or even in attendance besides those like me) would ever know he was a Flubs fan -- they hid his shirt!

Why is this important? Because he didn't throw back Dye's dinger! Instead his first reaction was to high-five his buddy and get on his cellphone. Ah, a true Flubs fan indeed...

Everyone should also know that the vendors around the Urinal are also selling defaced Sox logos with the word "Cox" on the shirt. I'm sure those are real popular in the neighborhood, too, but it would be too easy to make a cheap joke about the stereotypical Flubs fan from the neighborhood who would buy one.
:cool:

You know, sometimes it's just too ****ing easy to cut up on these ****ing dopes and losers.
:roflmao:

hose
05-21-2005, 09:47 AM
George I was watching on WGN and was fooled by the shirt at first glance.

from yesterdays game thread in the clubhouse:

When I saw the fat guy in the Sox shirt catch JD's homer I was like Awesome, then on the replay I noticed it said sux not Sox.:o: :redface::mad::D:.

I hope your company was at least paying you time and a half for having to put up with the Urinal conditions.

Bartman's corner........:roflmao:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 10:18 AM
George I was watching on WGN and was fooled by the shirt at first glance.

from yesterdays game thread in the clubhouse:

When I saw the fat guy in the Sox shirt catch JD's homer I was like Awesome, then on the replay I noticed it said sux not Sox.:o: :redface::mad::D:.

Wow!
Did each telecast use a different TV producer, too? In other words, were the video shots produced differently at Comcast and WGN?
:?:

If they were in fact different...

WGN had the Sox call of the game while Comcast had the Flubbies'. So Sox Fans watching WGN got to see the "Sux" shirt and thus know it was a Flubs fan keeping the ball.
:thumbsup:

Meanwhile the Lovable Loser sheep watching Comcast, clueless as always, just assume the guy who caught the ball was a Sox Fan... because true Flubs fans always throw back an opponent's home run ball... even when they're fake!

Mickster
05-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Wow!
Did each telecast use a different TV producer, too? In other words, were the video shots produced differently at Comcast and WGN?

If they were in fact different...

WGN had the Sox call of the game while Comcast had the Flubbies'. So Sox Fans watching WGN got to see the "Sux" shirt and thus know it was a Flubs fan keeping the ball.

Meanwhile the Lovable Loser sheep watching Comcast, clueless as always, just assume the guy who caught the ball was a Sox Fan... because true Flubs fans always throw back an opponent's home run ball... even when they're fake!

I believe that there were, infact, two different broadcasts all together. I watched the MLB.tv broadcast live from work (WGN) and the cameras would pan around the crowd and focus on the sox fans in attendance. Later that night, CSN showed a replay of the game at 7P and the CSN cameras were clearly focusing on flubby fans on virtually all camera shots. WGN did not show the 7th inning stretch but apparently CSN did.

MIgrenade
05-21-2005, 11:48 AM
I was with coworkers down in the "Bartman corner" of the left field line and got a good look at the guy who caught Dye's dinger in the "family section" in left field (Friday afternoon's game). Later I watched the Comcast replay of the telecast, too. They deliberately didn't show that guy's shirt because it had a defaced 80's Sox logo featuring the slogan "Sux." The TV cameraman was literally right next to this guy, too, so there was noooo mistakening what he and his director back in the truck were up to either.

I mention this because the guy was a CUBS FAN. He wouldn't be wearing a "Sux" shirt if he wasn't and nobody watching the game on TV (or even in attendance besides those like me) would ever know he was a Flubs fan -- they hid his shirt!

Why is this important? Because he didn't throw back Dye's dinger! Instead his first reaction was to high-five his buddy and get on his cellphone. Ah, a true Flubs fan indeed...

Everyone should also know that the vendors around the Urinal are also selling defaced Sox logos with the word "Cox" on the shirt. I'm sure those are real popular in the neighborhood, too, but it would be too easy to make a cheap joke about the stereotypical Flubs fan from the neighborhood who would buy one.

You know, sometimes it's just too ****ing easy to cut up on these ****ing dopes and losers.

Actually I clearly saw the "Sux" shirt on WGN. It wasn't when he originally caught it, but they showed him a couple pitches later and you could see the shirt. I think everyone was fooled by it though because he didn't throw the ball back.
Anyway, the selling of "Sux" shirt and "cox," doesn't that prove to all those Cub fans that they do care about the Sox. All they do is talk crap about how they don't wear those shirts.

Brian26
05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
For the record, on the radio broadcast Ed Farmer thought that the guy was a Sox fan. He was fooled by the shirt, and both Rooney and Farmer said that the reason the ball didnt get thrown back was because the guy was a Sox fan. I saw the replay on tv last night, and it was definitely not a Sox fan.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 01:39 PM
....I saw the replay on tv last night, and it was definitely not a Sox fan.

Wait a minute. How did you know it wasn't a Sox Fan from watching Comcast's rebroadcast last night? That was the Flubbie telecast and they never showed the "Sux" shirt he was wearing. I watched the same rebroadcast and they never showed the front of his shirt.

As you noted, the guy caught the ball and was so matter-of-fact about keeping it even Rooney and Farmer were tricked into thinking he was a Sox Fan. He wasn't. He had "Sux" shirt on, as I could clearly see (multiple times) from my seat in Bartman's Corner. I only wish the S.O.B. had thrown back a fake home run ball. That would have been classic Lovable Loser behavior... tricking their fellow idiots from Iowa.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I believe that there were, infact, two different broadcasts all together. I watched the MLB.tv broadcast live from work (WGN) and the cameras would pan around the crowd and focus on the sox fans in attendance. Later that night, CSN showed a replay of the game at 7P and the CSN cameras were clearly focusing on flubby fans on virtually all camera shots. WGN did not show the 7th inning stretch but apparently CSN did.

That's what I suspected, two separate broadcasts with TV pictures tailored to each team's fanbase. Thanks for the confirmation. The Flubbie idiots watching Comcast never knew the "Sox Fan" who kept the ball was in fact one of their own.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Actually I clearly saw the "Sux" shirt on WGN. It wasn't when he originally caught it, but they showed him a couple pitches later and you could see the shirt. I think everyone was fooled by it though because he didn't throw the ball back.

See, this is the key difference. The WGN/Sox telecast showed the guy's shirt so everyone knew he was a Flubs fan keeping the ball. They went back to the guy after the catch and showed the slogan on the front of his "Sux" shirt.

Meanwhile Comcast/Flubs telecast only showed the front of his shirt during the actual catch. That's the fuzzy long shot and you only get less than 0.5 seconds to see anything, forget about telling the difference between "Sox" and "Sux" because the shot is too grainy. I watched the Comcast/Flubbies rebroadcast on a 41" plasma TV screen and you can't tell. Later shots of this dope were all taken from the side or close up (the cameraman was literally next to this guy), never with his shirt slogan revealed.

So the sheep watching Comcast are blissfully ignorant that a Flubs fan caught Dye's dinger and kept it. That's just the way the Cubune would want it... the better to keep their Dirty Secret about fake home run balls and wise guys in the bleachers away from the idiots watching back home in Iowa and some retirement park in Arizona. Priceless...

Brian26
05-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Wait a minute. How did you know it wasn't a Sox Fan from watching Comcast's rebroadcast last night? That was the Flubbie telecast and they never showed the "Sux" shirt he was wearing. I watched the same rebroadcast and they never showed the front of his shirt.

Ah- Sorry. Let me clarify. Last night, I watched "a replay" on one of the Comcast nightly sports shows (not the replay of the entire game). They showed highlights of the game, and on that particular homer, they showed a different camera angle (must have been the centerfield camera), that zoomed in on the guy's shirt as he was facing east after catching it. You could read the greyish shirt with the 70's logo that said "sux" instead of Sox.

voodoochile
05-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Anyway, the selling of "Sux" shirt and "cox," doesn't that prove to all those Cub fans that they do care about the Sox. All they do is talk crap about how they don't wear those shirts.

I can confirm this exactly. I too thought a Sox fan caught it but they then showed the guy a few pitches later talking on his phone and the misspelled Sox logo.

Wsoxmike59
05-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Well it definitely SUX to be a cub fan!

chisoxfan64
05-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Well it definitely SUX to be a cub fan!

Wow, talk about hitting the nail right on the head. I couldn`t have said it any better myself.

ChiSoxRowand
05-21-2005, 05:34 PM
When I first saw the home run I thought he was a Sox fan. Then on the replays I looked closer and I thought it might have said "Sux". I saw some of those shirts during Sox-Cubs at the cell last year.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 07:24 PM
For the record, on the radio broadcast Ed Farmer thought that the guy was a Sox fan. He was fooled by the shirt, and both Rooney and Farmer said that the reason the ball didnt get thrown back was because the guy was a Sox fan. I saw the replay on tv last night, and it was definitely not a Sox fan.

Rooney and Farmer repeated their mistake again today. In fact they did it in the ninth inning when Dye hit another dinger, commenting how a" Sox Fan didn't catch that one."

Wrong. Flubs fans caught both of them. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to know today's dinger went home with its owner while a fake ball got thrown back on the field. I don't know since I was listening on the radio. OTOH, if it was the real home run ball being tossed back, it just shows what idiots these people truly are.

Baby Fisk
05-21-2005, 08:38 PM

*snickering madly* :cool:

batmanZoSo
05-21-2005, 09:38 PM
They have all kinds of stupid anti-Sox shirts outside of wrigley. And they say northsiders don't care about the Sox....:rolleyes:

Speaking of those '83 "Sux" shirts, how come some of them have the bat facing the other way and some don't? Is there some kind of significance to that or is it just lame cub fan humor at work?

cheeses_h_rice
05-21-2005, 10:15 PM
I wish we could get over the notion that vendors selling shirts outside the Cell and Wrigley represent evidence of one team's fans caring about the other's. Most of those guys selling shirts are talking out both sides of their mouths -- if one guy is selling "Cubs Suck" shirts, his buddy down the street is selling "Sox Suck" shirts. They're capitalists, entrepeneurs, whatever you wanna call them. They just want to make money.

Last night I was in a mall in Lincolnwood and smiled when I saw a vendor selling a shirt with Calvin peeing on the Flubs logo. Then I glanced over to the other side of the stall to see shirts with Calvin peeing on the Sox logo. Supply, meet demand, apparently.

voodoochile
05-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I wish we could get over the notion that vendors selling shirts outside the Cell and Wrigley represent evidence of one team's fans caring about the other's. Most of those guys selling shirts are talking out both sides of their mouths -- if one guy is selling "Cubs Suck" shirts, his buddy down the street is selling "Sox Suck" shirts. They're capitalists, entrepeneurs, whatever you wanna call them. They just want to make money.

Last night I was in a mall in Lincolnwood and smiled when I saw a vendor selling a shirt with Calvin peeing on the Flubs logo. Then I glanced over to the other side of the stall to see shirts with Calvin peeing on the Sox logo. Supply, meet demand, apparently.

But, without demand there would be no supply. Hence, it proves that some of the fans of both teams do care...

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 11:08 PM
But, without demand there would be no supply. Hence, it proves that some of the fans of both teams do care...

Precisely. Those nimrods running their own t-shirt operations aren't in the business of making a bunch of "sux" and "cox" shirts just to have them sit around unsold. That's working capital, and no small business owner can afford to flush his down the toilet.

There are *at least* as many dopes selling "Sux" and "Cox" shirts at the Urinal as there are "911" and "Cubs Suck" vendors at 35th... probably more given that the Flubbies draw a third more fans.

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Precisely. Those nimrods running their own t-shirt operations aren't in the business of making a bunch of "sux" and "cox" shirts just to have them sit around unsold. That's working capital, and no small business owner can afford to flush his down the toilet.

There are *at least* as many dopes selling "Sux" and "Cox" shirts at the Urinal as there are "911" and "Cubs Suck" vendors at 35th... probably more given that the Flubbies draw a third more fans.That can't be right. Cubs fans don't care about the White Sox. It's only White Sox fans that care more about the other team than their own. We know this because of the Cubs fans that are constantly calling into Sportsblab radio shows talking about it.:cool:

jackbrohamer
05-22-2005, 11:06 AM
They have all kinds of stupid anti-Sox shirts outside of wrigley. And they say northsiders don't care about the Sox....:rolleyes:

Speaking of those '83 "Sux" shirts, how come some of them have the bat facing the other way and some don't? Is there some kind of significance to that or is it just lame cub fan humor at work?

FWIW I confronted the mope who produces the shirts and sells them outside the park. I told him the logo looked like he did it in crayon at home in his mother's basement, told him the Sox are a better team, etc.

His response? "Oh yeah? Well the Sox' attendance sucks." At the end of the day, that's all they've ever got.

Dan H
05-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I just took for granted it was a Cubs fan catching Dyes' homer when the camera showed him gabbing on his cell phone. And after hearing what was going on at the Shrine this weekend, I am convinced it has more of a Disneyland atmosophere than thought.