PDA

View Full Version : Blogosphere nonsense

saltwater farmer
05-21-2005, 09:24 AM
A friend forwarded this link to me:
http://freakonomics.com/blog.php
I've read quite a bit on the 1919 Sox, but I never knew of them being called the Black Sox before the World Series scandal. True, they had to pay for laundry services, but I doubt dirty socks would have led to the Black Sox moniker.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 09:39 AM
What a joke. I'm sure there were multiple colloquialisms for every ballclub back then just as there are today, but "Black Sox" became the established moniker for the '19 Sox precisely because of the scandal and the headlines written about it.

Please don't post links to such crap. Get your news of the world from sources better than the blogosphere. These idiots have no clue.

MRKARNO
05-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Please don't post links to such crap. Get your news of the world from sources better than the blogosphere. These idiots have no clue.

I wouldnt trust them on that particular issue (or any baseball issue for that matter, unless it had to do with the economics of baseball), but that's actually the website by the authors of the number two bestselling non-fiction book in the country and I hear it's a pretty good one from people I've talked to.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2005, 10:12 AM
I wouldnt trust them on that particular issue (or any baseball issue for that matter, unless it had to do with the economics of baseball), but that's actually the website by the authors of the number two bestselling non-fiction book in the country and I hear it's a pretty good one from people I've talked to.

Great. They ought to stick to topics they have a ****ing clue about, rather than comment about -- and thus perpetuate bull**** about -- topics they obviously haven't got a ****ing clue to comment about. Of course that's the general problem with the blogosphere in the first place... they can't be "experts" on one subject without holding themselves up as "experts" on everything else, too...

:kukoo:

saltwater farmer
05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
easy, fellas. Don't shoot the messenger! (At least I never linked a Mariotti column.)