PDA

View Full Version : Beanballs Today?

ChiSoxMTR
05-21-2005, 09:00 AM
From the Daily Southtown today:

As far as the pitches inside, that might be taken to another level today, when the Cubs send Carlos Zambrano to the mound. There were rumors swirling Friday that Zambrano wasn't happy with a few of the Sox players who made comments about his mound demeanor.

Guillen said his team is prepared for anything. "That's fine," he said. "If we get hit, (the Cubs) know what's going to happen."

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/211sd2.htm

Contreras had no problem throwing at Matt Stairs earlier this season at K.C. after A.J. got hit. If Zambrano wants to play games, we might see some real fireworks today.

gosox41
05-21-2005, 09:01 AM

As far as the pitches inside, that might be taken to another level today, when the Cubs send Carlos Zambrano to the mound. There were rumors swirling Friday that Zambrano wasn't happy with a few of the Sox players who made comments about his mound demeanor.

Guillen said his team is prepared for anything. "That's fine," he said. "If we get hit, (the Cubs) know what's going to happen."

Contreras had no problem throwing at Matt Stairs earlier this season at K.C. after A.J. got hit. If Zambrano wants to play games, we might see some real fireworks today.

If Zambrano starts hitting our guys, I'm all for getting revenge. I'd hit an equivalent Cub hitter, but I'd also go after Zambrano.

Bob

mike squires
05-21-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't think anything will happen, but if it does I hope cooler heads prevail. In 2000 it took the brawl to get the team together. We don't need that now nor do we need any 2 or 3 guys serving suspensions. The Twins are not tht far behind us. I'm all for hard nosed baseball but we don't need any fist fights either.

zach074
05-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Maybe its because i see alot of fights at school and there our only amusement, but i would love to see a sox cubs fight!

ilsox7
05-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe its because i see alot of fights at school and there our only amusement, but i would love to see a sox cubs fight!

This is crazy. Absolutely crazy. The LAST thing this team needs are suspensions and injuries. Geeze.

zach074
05-21-2005, 10:03 AM
This is crazy. Absolutely crazy. The LAST thing this team needs are suspensions and injuries. Geeze.

A fight: some two or three game suspensions and some fines. Even better team chemistry: pricesless. :redneck

Paulwny
05-21-2005, 10:32 AM

Agree, with El Duque's problem the last thing the pitching staff needs is a starter suspended and missing a few starts.

MIgrenade
05-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't think anything will happen, but if it does I hope cooler heads prevail. In 2000 it took the brawl to get the team together. We don't need that now nor do we need any 2 or 3 guys serving suspensions. The Twins are not tht far behind us. I'm all for hard nosed baseball but we don't need any fist fights either.

And I don't want to see Pods in a fight. That wouldn't be fun.

Infallible
05-21-2005, 11:55 AM
boys will be boys, if it brings the team together so be it. I swear you guys sound like a bunch of old women. Sheesh. 2-3 games only a 1/4 of the way in? Big deal. Injuries? When was the last time someone has been injured? Bueller Bueller? Anyone?

shoota
05-21-2005, 12:59 PM

I was suspecting Zambrano might intentially bean Konerko or Rowand for their accurate and true comments about him. Add to the fact that Lee was hit yesterday--even though it was in retaliation for hitting Iguchi, and Zambrano might be head hunting today.

What worries me more than suspension or injury is not having the ability to retaliate if we get a warning after Zambrano hits us first. Though, Contreras could just wait until he's about to be pulled and then bean someone, so when he's kicked out, we'll be in reliever territory anyway.

spongyfungy
05-21-2005, 01:03 PM
boys will be boys, if it brings the team together so be it. I swear you guys sound like a bunch of old women. Sheesh. 2-3 games only a 1/4 of the way in? Big deal. Injuries? When was the last time someone has been injured? Bueller Bueller? Anyone?

injuries seem to come in bunches for teams that are healthy throughout the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zambrano threw at our guys. He's a nut.

kevingrt
05-21-2005, 01:04 PM
How much do I pray Zambo goes up there and Jose just smacks him with a 95 MPH heater in the back! I would die for it!