PDA

View Full Version : Tell me who, besides Seattle, that didn't know this would happen?

Palpidious
05-20-2005, 09:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6039

look at these GREAT 2005 stats for Adrian Beltre

5 years. $64 million

YIKES!!!

buehrle4cy05
05-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Still have no clue why Beltre went to Seattle in the first place. Safeco is a hitter's park which is tailored to fast players like Ichiro instead of lumbering sluggers with ankle problems like Beltre.

Jjav829
05-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Still have no clue why Beltre went to Seattle in the first place. Safeco is a hitter's park which is tailored to fast players like Ichiro instead of lumbering sluggers with ankle problems like Beltre.

But it's not like he had his career year in Coors. Dodger Stadium favors pitchers, so he didn't make a shift from a great hitters park to a pitchers park.

I still think Beltre will come around. He's very pull happy right now, which isn't exactly a good thing for a hitter with a swing tailored to help him go the other way. I actually think he needs to tweak his stance. I know it worked very well for him last year, but he needs to open up a little. Miguel Olivo, also struggling very badly, actually tried to copy Beltre's closed stance for a little while. It didn't work well for Olivo so he's gone to a somewhat open stance. Olivo still can't hit a breaking ball outside. Back to Beltre, like I said, I think he'll come around. He seems to be really pressing.

PAPChiSox729
05-20-2005, 11:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6039

look at these GREAT 2005 stats for Adrian Beltre

5 years. $64 million

YIKES!!!
:tealtutor:

That statement was reeking in sarcasm. At least you didn't pick an off-teal color for teal, those are painful!
But getting back to topic, yeah, either the Dodger front office executives are geniuses or Beltre is having a really bad year. It's too early to judge that contract now, but if we had to, DePodesta knew something no one else did.