PDA

View Full Version : Cora loses way to Wrigley

nebraskasox
05-20-2005, 04:48 PM
I got a kick out of this note from ESPN.

Guillen, who'd complained that he had to park in a fast food restaurant lot across the street last year when the White Sox came to Wrigley, was pleased this time, saying he was next to Baker. Guillen said he had some trouble finding Wrigley Field because third base coach Joey Cora was driving and took the wrong street. Wrigley is eight miles from U.S. Cellular Field. "He didn't know how to get here. It was a little embarrassing to come down here and ask people, 'Where's Wrigley Field?" Guillen said, laughing. "Joey got lost, not me. I was sleeping in the back seat of the car. We took the wrong street. My kids were saying, 'We got to go this way, this way."

Optipessimism
05-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Doesn't that make you so proud? Our manager doesn't even know where the hell Wrigley Field is. But he does know that he hates it.

zach074
05-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Couldn't they smell it?

tebman
05-21-2005, 11:16 AM
I got a kick out of this note from ESPN.

Guillen, who'd complained that he had to park in a fast food restaurant lot across the street last year when the White Sox came to Wrigley, was pleased this time, saying he was next to Baker. Guillen said he had some trouble finding Wrigley Field because third base coach Joey Cora was driving and took the wrong street. Wrigley is eight miles from U.S. Cellular Field. "He didn't know how to get here. It was a little embarrassing to come down here and ask people, 'Where's Wrigley Field?" Guillen said, laughing. "Joey got lost, not me. I was sleeping in the back seat of the car. We took the wrong street. My kids were saying, 'We got to go this way, this way."
Y'gotta love it! :tongue:

Guillen's the best thing to happen to this team in a long time. It's rare to find that combination of baseball-savvy, passion, honesty, perspective and humor all in one package, but he's the goods!

SOXintheBURGH
05-21-2005, 11:22 AM
:hawk

"It's an attitude."

South Side
05-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Doesn't that make you so proud? Our manager doesn't even know where the hell Wrigley Field is. But he does know that he hates it.

Just b/c he doesn't know how to get there doesn't mean he's never played, managed there before. He has good reason to hate it. :rolleyes:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Ozzie Guillen....under the radar or off the map?:smile:

fincher
05-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Guillen's the best thing to happen to this team in a long time. It's rare to find that combination of baseball-savvy, passion, honesty, perspective and humor all in one package, but he's the goods!

Ditto! Ozzie just has it.