PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee Grand slam 01 vs Cubs on Comcast right now!

spongyfungy
05-20-2005, 04:33 PM
6/8/01. IIRC.

chisoxmike
05-20-2005, 04:34 PM
VCR is rolling!

basilesox
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
lets hope Carlos can Muster one of those up tonight against the Twins:smile:

Jjav829
05-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Lucky Singleton, that was a crappy at-bat. Let's go, Ray! Win this for us because I have a bad feeling about Lee coming up. Damn! Wild pitch. Now they're gonna intentionally put Durham on. I don't like this. I sense a DP coming from Maggs...

kevingrt
05-20-2005, 04:44 PM
6/8/01. IIRC.

His HR last year was pretty awesome to even though it ended up meaning nothing

Jjav829
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Anyone else get goosebumps watching that? Great moment there. I like Pods, and I'm one of the few that has liked the trade since it happened, but I do miss Lee.

Now they're replaying a "great" Cubs moment. Nardi sighting. Yuck.

CLR01
05-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Anyone else get goosebumps watching that? Great moment there. I like Pods, and I'm one of the few that has liked the trade since it happened, but I do miss Lee.

Now they're replaying a "great" Cubs moment. Nardi sighting. Yuck.

I was watching this replay with my boss and we both commented on how much we miss Lee for this series. We also both agreed that we would love to have Ray Ray back. Nothing against Tad though.

santo=dorf
05-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Carlos looked a lot smaller back in 2001. :o:

FarWestChicago
05-20-2005, 05:31 PM
We also both agreed that we would love to have Ray Ray back.For what? To make the DL look better? :?:

MRKARNO
05-20-2005, 05:37 PM
We also both agreed that we would love to have Ray Ray back. Nothing against Tad though.

Durham hasnt been the version of himself that we got used to when he was with us for the past few years. Tadahito, in my view, is pretty much the equivilent of Ray Durham in his better days and at this point is a ton more valuable than Durham. Not to minimize what Durham did for us, because he was solid with us, but since he left us he hasnt been all that great.

batmanZoSo
05-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Durham hasnt been the version of himself that we got used to when he was with us for the past few years. Tadahito, in my view, is pretty much the equivilent of Ray Durham in his better days and at this point is a ton more valuable than Durham. Not to minimize what Durham did for us, because he was solid with us, but since he left us he hasnt been all that great.

Iguchi's a better pure hitter, Ray's a little stronger and faster (though probably similar HR numbers), but Iguchi's got a much better glove. The only thing Ray did well was catch the duck snort--which he was the best I've ever seen. And he did the DP well, but he had hard hands and no range up the middle for some reason, despite being a gifted runner.

wsoxfan
05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
I was at that game, good memories from that one...:smile:

flo-B-flo
05-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Anyone else get goosebumps watching that? Great moment there. I like Pods,.............. but I do miss Lee. Why yes I did have goosebumps. Ranks right up there with my favorite Sox moments.:D:

FarWestChicago
05-20-2005, 11:38 PM
The only thing Ray did well was catch the duck snort--which he was the best I've ever seen. And he did the DP well, but he had hard hands and no range up the middle for some reason, despite being a gifted runner.Ray's lack of range is truly something to behold. It's completely inexplicable. He just turned a routine ground ball up the middle from Chavy into a single that led to a 5 run explosion. It's like watching somebody try to shoot an Agent in The Matrix. There has to be some sort of special effect causing it. Paulie probably has more range than Ray. :?:

soxfan43
05-21-2005, 06:45 AM
I was at one of those bars after thte game, sluggers I think and it was on there. All the sox fans went nuts when hit that, cubs fans were not too happy