PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin starting for Ottawa tonight

SoxSpeed22
05-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Hawk and DJ mentioned during today's game that the Knights are in Ottawa tonight and that Frank Thomas will get to hit against former sock, James Baldwin. Both of them are real good friends and they were a huge part of making the 2000 season so special. Let's wish both of them the best.:gulp:

SouthSide4Life
05-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Hawk and DJ mentioned during today's game that the Knights are in Ottawa tonight and that Frank Thomas will get to hit against former sock, James Baldwin. Both of them are real good friends and they were a huge part of making the 2000 season so special. Let's wish both of them the best.:gulp:i looooved that guy in Backdraft! hehe its good to see him up again

RKMeibalane
05-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Through three games, Frank is hitting .333 (4-12). Reports indicate that he's been working on trying to hit the ball to right field. Those of us who have followed Frank over the years know that when he's using the whole field, that's when he's at his best.

mccoydp
05-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Hope to see James Baldwin when he the Lynx play the Norfolk Tides in August. I used to enjoy his play with the Sox.

Rocklive99
05-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Update?

White Sox Josh
05-20-2005, 11:09 PM
JB was one of my favorite players with the Sox. I remember when he pitched in the All Star Game in 2000. Hopefully he will be able to make a comeback.:cheers:

StillMissOzzie
05-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I found the Ottawa Lynx website, and they had somebody other than JB pitching for them last night. Any word on what happened to the JB / Big Hurt matchup we were looking for?

SMO
:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Hawk and DJ mentioned during today's game that the Knights are in Ottawa tonight and that Frank Thomas will get to hit against former sock, James Baldwin. Both of them are real good friends and they were a huge part of making the 2000 season so special. Let's wish both of them the best.:gulp::?::?::?:

The Wimperoo
05-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I found the Ottawa Lynx website, and they had somebody other than JB pitching for them last night. Any word on what happened to the JB / Big Hurt matchup we were looking for?

SMO
:gulp:

JB got called back up to the big show. Keith Reed was sent down.

NDSox12
05-21-2005, 05:59 PM
JB got called back up to the big show. Keith Reed was sent down.

Good for him... I wish him nothing but the best. He was one of my favorites while in the Sox uniform.

soxfanreggie
05-24-2005, 04:37 AM
That year I wondered if JB and Cal Eldred would fall off the face of the Earth (or in the case of Eldred, have an arm fall off). Regardless, they were very instrumental in that championship team, I just couldn't expect them to win that series, they aren't starters like MB and Freddy and Jon G., but they did help us win the division, and for that I am truly greatful. I'm glad JB has found some success elsewhere and is back in the majors.