PDA

View Full Version : Podsednik-The new draw for the Sox?

FanofBill
05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
On and off the field, he looks good

The man who is putting the "Go-Go" back in Sox style this season has stolen 24, 10 more than his nearest rival in the bigs. At this rate, Podsednik will become the first player since Rickey Henderson in 1988 to steal more than 90 bases in a season, and if he kicks it up a notch he has a chance to become the first since Vince Coleman in 1987 to swipe 100. Either of those feats also will make him the first since Henderson and Coleman in '88 to steal 80. Already, while playing last season with the Brewers in Milwaukee, he is the only player of the 21st century to steal 70.

And the only things in the stadium that run as fast as those legs are the pulse rates of female fans when Podsednik steps out of the dugout. He had fan clubs full of women in Milwaukee. If the women of Chicago ever discover there's a big-league team playing on the South Side, who knows how many millions of fans the Sox will draw? The North Side Cubs are advised to be wary this weekend when the Sox pay a visit. Once the thousands of leggy floozies who stroll the Wrigley Field concourse get a look at this guy, they're likely to follow him out the gates and never come back.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/052005/KIR_B6FD92UV.073.shtml

BRDSR
05-20-2005, 02:54 PM
My girlfriend thinks he's cute. Good thing I'm rich, otherwise I'd have no chance. Oh, wait...I better stop taking her to games.

mccoydp
05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
My wife was fawning over him during the Texas series.

DaleJRFan
05-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Good thing I'm rich.

So is Podsednik.

rookieroy
05-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah....my wife really likes Pods as well. She just kept going in his autograph lines at Soxfest. Isn't he with a Playboy model? Careful here or the mods will toss this thread.

MisterB
05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah....my wife really likes Pods as well. She just kept going in his autograph lines at Soxfest. Isn't he with a Playboy model? Careful here or the mods will toss this thread.

Last word was he's with former Playmate and FSN 'reporter' Lisa Dergan.

http://www.ilovereality.com/Images/hosts/lisadergan.jpg

ChiSoxGirl
05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Even though I love the Sox for the phenomenal team they've put together this season, and have loved baseball itself for 15 years for everything it is and represents, being a female in her mid 20s, one simply can't ignore the fabulous and chisled good-looks of a Scott Podsednik. :wink:

I first saw him at SoxFest when my friend pointed him out to me as he approached his autograph table; I was awe-struck. But, as I told my 21 year old female cousin last weekend at the game, "I don't care what he looks like, so long as he keeps swiping bases and playing the game like he is." His "Hottie Scotty" status is just an added bonus.

Whitesox029
05-20-2005, 05:16 PM
On and off the field, he looks good

The man who is putting the "Go-Go" back in Sox style this season has stolen 24, 10 more than his nearest rival in the bigs. At this rate, Podsednik will become the first player since Rickey Henderson in 1988 to steal more than 90 bases in a season, and if he kicks it up a notch he has a chance to become the first since Vince Coleman in 1987 to swipe 100. Either of those feats also will make him the first since Henderson and Coleman in '88 to steal 80. Already, while playing last season with the Brewers in Milwaukee, he is the only player of the 21st century to steal 70.

And the only things in the stadium that run as fast as those legs are the pulse rates of female fans when Podsednik steps out of the dugout. He had fan clubs full of women in Milwaukee. If the women of Chicago ever discover there's a big-league team playing on the South Side, who knows how many millions of fans the Sox will draw? The North Side Cubs are advised to be wary this weekend when the Sox pay a visit. Once the thousands of leggy floozies who stroll the Wrigley Field concourse get a look at this guy, they're likely to follow him out the gates and never come back.

He makes me want to go to ballgames more than Carlos Lee ever did. That's nothing against C. Lee because he's a great hitter, but maybe it's just from seeing a different kind of offense for once. It's been a long time since the Sox won games on speed and defense, and it's kind of nice to see that it's possible to win without bashing 4 HRs a game. Exciting too! You don't have to wait for a stolen base. Pods can make it happen. Everyone in the park including the other team knows he's going, and the funniest part is that they can't do a damn thing about it.

kevingrt
05-20-2005, 05:37 PM
I know it has been mentioned before, but the fact that everyone in the stadium including the opposing battery knows he is gonna steal just makes it that much mroe exciting. And as he did last week a pick off attempt but still steal the base. This guy is THE fastest guy in the majors and gets the best jump off first. It is absolutely incredible. He should be a slot WR for the Bears for a deep threat.

TheOldRoman
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
I know it has been mentioned before, but the fact that everyone in the stadium including the opposing battery knows he is gonna steal just makes it that much mroe exciting. And as he did last week a pick off attempt but still steal the base. This guy is THE fastest guy in the majors and gets the best jump off first. It is absolutely incredible. He should be a slot WR for the Bears for a deep threat.
I agree. It like Michael Jordan taking the last shot. Everyone knows its going to happen, but they cant stop it. He made most of those, and Scotty steals successfully most of the time.

As for him being a "hottie", my girlfriend absolutely LOVES him. Besides thinking he is God's gift to women, she loves the way he plays the game. She is much more enthusiastic about watching the Sox this year due partially to Scott setting the tone. She cant wait for his at bats, and goes nuts when he swipes a bag.

SouthSide4Life
05-20-2005, 06:41 PM
all my sisters only go to the game if Pods is deffinatly playing:?:

boiler up
05-20-2005, 06:47 PM
i heard he's an *******

South Side
05-20-2005, 07:15 PM
i heard he's an *******

Way to back that up.

SEALgep
05-20-2005, 08:37 PM
He was cool at Sox Fest.

MIgrenade
05-20-2005, 08:51 PM
i heard he's an *******

I'm gonna jump to conclusions and go with...:dtroll:

I never get to use this so I'm a little punchy.

batmanZoSo
05-20-2005, 08:56 PM
i heard he's an *******

I heard he has an *******. But then again, don't we all?

mccoydp
05-20-2005, 09:11 PM
i heard he's an *******

Where'd you hear that from?

FarWestChicago
05-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Where'd you hear that from?:dtroll:

The voices in my head.

A. Cavatica
05-20-2005, 10:46 PM
See, this is why I don't discount his chances to be in the All-Star Game. He's been the spark of a .700 team, he's leading the majors in stolen bases, he's got his OBP up near .400, and he appeals to a big constituency (female fans) that MLB would want to market itself to. Those sound an awful lot like Ichiro's qualifications.

Plus we deserve three (or more) representatives this year. Hermanson's chances will be hurt by being the third pitcher after MB and JG; Podsednik's will be helped by being our most visible position player.

SoxWillWin
05-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Last word was he's with former Playmate and FSN 'reporter' Lisa Dergan.

http://www.ilovereality.com/Images/hosts/lisadergan.jpg

And for those wondering this is Lisa Dergan

http://askmen.com/toys/top_10_60/pictures_60/82_top_ten_list.JPG

Sargeant79
05-21-2005, 12:47 AM
My father lives in Milwaukee and my girlfriend and I wind up going to a couple Brewers games a year with him. We caught Podsednik in his rookie year up there and my girlfriend (also a die-hard Sox fan) thought he was hot then. She was ecstatic when she found out we traded for him.

Palehose13
05-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Podsednik says. "It's just what I do. I enjoy stealing bases. I enjoy stealing bases when everybody in the ballpark knows I'm going. I wasn't blessed with the ability to hit the ball out of the park. I have to help this team with my legs."

Thank goodness he has stopped swinging for the fences. He doesn't have to hit .300. A BA around .275 with a high OBP is all we realy need for him..that and swiping bags and scoring runs. He really tried to do too much last year in Milwaukee. It's nice to see that he understands his role on the team and is just trying to get on base.

In regards to his good looks...heck, I'm a lesbian and I would switch teams for a night with him. (Same goes for Aaron.) :cool:

lostletters
05-21-2005, 04:20 AM
1. Good looking baseball player that women can get into (white sox even marketing this).

2. Plays a type of baseball sox fans traditionally LOVE.

3. May be next Ricky Henderson (biggest draw in my opinion).

4. Flat out fun to watch.

To me he will help draw more people into the park. He is a big reason the sox are winning games (other then pitching obviously).

SoupAppling
05-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Once the thousands of leggy floozies who stroll the Wrigley Field concourse get a look at this guy, they're likely to follow him out the gates and never come back.

Wow, I thought this was just a comment you had added. I was really surprised that the columnist had said this in his article. Not that I disagree with the comment. I was just surprised it was in a published article.

FanofBill
05-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Wow, I thought this was just a comment you had added. I was really surprised that the columnist had said this in his article. Not that I disagree with the comment. I was just surprised it was in a published article.

May be he doesn't have one of those floozies as his girlfriend or wife. :smile: