PDA

View Full Version : Sox players hate Z too

shoota
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Remember when I was saying that I'd like to see the Sox players not give cliche, respectful answers about the Cubs, but rip them instead? Well, the best center fielder in Chicago must have felt the same way. And so does Politte. And Konerko.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/201sd1.htm

"You love hitting him more than anything because of his antics," Aaron Rowand said of Zambrano. "When you strike someone out and do your little dance on the mound every time, staring into the opposing dugout, stuff like that doesn't help. You can be excited all you want, but at the same time you've got to realize the opposing team is going to take great joy in handing it to you if they do."

D. TODD
05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Remember when I was saying that I'd like to see the Sox players not give cliche, respectful answers about the Cubs, but rip them instead? Well, the best center fielder in Chicago must have felt the same way. And so does Politte. And Konerko.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/201sd1.htm Zambrano is the clown that drilled Edmonds last year because he didn't like the way Edmonds watched his bomb off of "Z". He had the nerve in the postgame press conference to say Edmonds needs to be more like Rolen and just run after he hits a home run. Zambrano makes a huge production out of almost every out he gets, and even watched and "pimped" around the bases when he hit his only home run last year. Let's hope he gets smacked around good by the Southsiders this weekend.

shoota
05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Zambrano is the clown that drilled Edmonds last year because he didn't like the way Edmonds watched his bomb off of "Z". He had the nerve in the postgame press conference to say Edmonds needs to be more like Rolen and just run after he hits a home run. Zambrano makes a huge production out of almost every out he gets, and even watched and "pimped" around the bases when he hit his only home run last year. Let's hope he gets smacked around good by the Southsiders this weekend.

Yeah, I loved that ironic episode. Zambrano hitting someone for showing him up. Hey Z, what's good for the goose is good for the fat slob with concrete in his elbow. boo ya!

TDog
05-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a feeling that everyone who doesn't play for or root for the Cubs hates Z.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about nomadic Saharan tribes hating Z.

SouthSide4Life
05-20-2005, 11:59 AM
That article really made me A) Pissed @ Zambrano and more importantly B) The Sox have a real drive to win and respect the fellow players and the field, unlike the clowns up North who are truly taking it across the line. Now by no means am i being cocky or crap talking when i say AJ is gonna take this Nort Side clown deep. Im so glad that our players feel the way that they do. These guys are true Professionals, not a bunch of guys who act sophmoric when striking out someone who is batting below .200

Sxy Mofo
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
...can't wait til Pods steals for bags of Zambrano. He'll probably start throwing at pods to keep him on first, instead of the to the first baseman...

eriqjaffe
05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I wish I could listen in on what A.J. says to Zambrano when he has to bat.

kevingrt
05-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Who doesn't hate the guy! Most annoying jerk in baseball! Dammit I can't even think of him without getting mad.

Cubsuck_a_lot
05-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I have a feeling that everyone who doesn't play for or root for the Cubs hates Z.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about nomadic Saharan tribes hating Z.

coincidentally, i ran into a tribe member of a Saharan nomadic clan the other day. he does, in fact, know and hate Z. his name was walter, which was kinda weird

Ventura Fan 23
05-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Zambrano is extremely nausiating. I really hope the Sox light him up tomorrow, that would satisfy us all.

SouthSide4Life
05-20-2005, 05:50 PM
coincidentally, i ran into a tribe member of a Saharan nomadic clan the other day. he does, in fact, know and hate Z. his name was walter, which was kinda weird:thumbsup:

seanpmurphy
05-20-2005, 06:45 PM
:ozzie
"He's a piece of . He's [b]another Venezuelan [bleep]. [Bleep] him,''

bayzbol44
05-20-2005, 06:56 PM
I can't wait until the Sox pick him up on the free agent market (whenever he becomes available).

I actually would love to have him on the team. That way, Ozzie can tell him to cut that crap off. Then, I could accept him on the team. The only reason he gets away with that stuff is because Dusty doesn't have a pair to tell his player to calm down.

PatK
05-21-2005, 06:22 AM
I don't know what I'm looking forward to the most- the Sox smacking him around, or Dusty blowing his arm out.

C-Dawg
05-21-2005, 07:28 AM
The only reason he gets away with that stuff is because Dusty doesn't have a pair to tell his player to calm down.

Awww, dude, that's just his nature! I can't change the way he is!

bayzbol44
05-21-2005, 04:34 PM

:tongue: :D: :smile: :tongue:

MeanFish
05-21-2005, 04:51 PM

:tealpolice:

Shorty1983
05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
A.J almost snapped on him, I bet if he would of hit him on the arm or shoulder you would of seen him charge the mound.

shoota
05-21-2005, 04:54 PM

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/201sd1.htm

And now that the game's over, we know how Zambrano responded to Rowand's accurate, true description of Zambrano's antics. Rowand got beaned in the shoulder today. He took it like a man. Zambrano didn't get the L but his team did. :bandance:

shoota
05-21-2005, 04:58 PM
A.J almost snapped on him, I bet if he would of hit him on the arm or shoulder you would of seen him charge the mound.

AJ knew he got away with a hpb that barely hit him, in fact, it hit his elbow pad. I loved how AJ didn't wait for the ump to award him first base, he just started for first. Zambrano got mad and approached him as if to say, "I didn't want to hit you, I only wanted to hit Rowand." AJ just smiled and laughed because he knew he'd gotten away with one, which got under crazy Zambrano's skin. I love AJ. :D:

Ol' No. 2
05-21-2005, 05:03 PM
AJ knew he got away with a hpb that barely hit him, in fact, it hit his elbow pad. I loved how AJ didn't wait for the ump to award him first base, he just started for first. Zambrano got mad and approached him as if to say, "I didn't want to hit you, I only wanted to hit Rowand." AJ just smiled and laughed because he knew he'd gotten away with one, which got under crazy Zambrano's skin. I love AJ. :D:AJ didn't get away with one. Hitting the pad counts the same.

shoota
05-21-2005, 05:13 PM
AJ didn't get away with one. Hitting the pad counts the same.

I understand and agree. By "getting away with one" I mean a hbp that didn't hurt and didn't even stop the catcher from catching the ball. Outside of a pitch clipping the jersey, AJ's nick of his elbow pad is about as cheap a hbp as one could get.

Zambrano had no intention of hitting AJ like he did the previous batter, Rowand, who he nailed in the left shoulder.

mr_genius
05-21-2005, 05:26 PM
the guy is annoying

unforunately, he is also very good

sox still won blahahahaha. they're bullpen really is as bad as advertised