PDA

View Full Version : If you were Guaranteed 2 World Championships in a row?

Tekijawa
05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Lets say that The Devil walked up to you and said that he would guarantee the White Sox win the Next two world series beginning with next season... But the Catch is this year the Sox make it to the World Series and lose to the CUBS this year, and then the next Two years in the world series you win against any other NL team (not the Cubs) that you desire.... would you do it?

skottyj242
05-20-2005, 10:39 AM
No offense but that is one of the most idiotic questions I have ever heard.

balke
05-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes, I don't give two craps about, nor do I envy the Cubs in anyway. The Sox winning is much more important to me.

Tekijawa
05-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Yes, I don't give two craps about, nor do I envy the Cubs in anyway. The Sox winning is much more important to me.

Could you put up with the crap from their fans for years to come though?

Baby Fisk
05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
If the devil walked up to me, my beliefs system would be shattered. :o:

NonetheLoaiza
05-20-2005, 10:43 AM
The only reason I said no is because I don't want to hear about the Cubs love fest for the next 99 years. That, and a World Series Championship would be no fun if you knew about it beforehand :tongue: .

D. TODD
05-20-2005, 10:45 AM
If the devil walked up to me, my beliefs system would be shattered. :o: If the devil walked up to me I'd pull out my fiddle and show that son of a B****, I'm the best that ever lived! :tongue:

Tekijawa
05-20-2005, 10:46 AM
OK this poll may stink but the question still kind of gets my insides all in a bunch!

Ol' No. 2
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
If I'm going to make a deal with the Devil, Catherine Zeta-Jones is going to have to be included as part of the package.

voodoochile
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
OK this poll may stink but the question still kind of gets my insides all in a bunch!

You've got WAY too much time on your hands...

Tekijawa
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
You've got WAY too much time on your hands...

lol, tell me about it...

hose
05-20-2005, 11:06 AM
If the devil walked up to me I would bring to his attention that Jay Moronotti already sold his soul for the Cubs and I'm not to impressed with the results.

I also would tell the devil to see me when the deal he made with the Yankees run it's course. Then we might be able to talk.:wink:

ondafarm
05-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I guess nobody here has ever seen the play "Damm Yankees!!" This question gets asked of a Washington Senators fan. (Are we that desperate?)

StillMissOzzie
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
If I'm going to make a deal with the Devil, Catherine Zeta-Jones is going to have to be included as part of the package.

Heather Locklear for me...

SMO
:gulp:

MIgrenade
05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
I guess nobody here has ever seen the play "Damm Yankees!!" This question gets asked of a Washington Senators fan. (Are we that desperate?)

This is not really the question asked of the guy who becomes Joe Hardy, but that was the first thing that came to mind. That play involved the Senators getting one great hitter to help win the series. It was a big mistake for him and it would be a big mistake for us. I don't know if there is a devil, but I'm not making any deals with him.

Mohoney
05-21-2005, 12:28 AM
The only deal I would make with the Devil for a World Series ring would involve us SWEEPING the Cubs in said World Series, the Cubs getting contracted the very next day, and letting me operate the crane that swings the first wrecking ball at Wrigley Field, blasting that marquee into thousands of pieces.

shoota
05-21-2005, 02:18 AM
If the devil walked up to me I'd pull out my fiddle and show that son of a B****, I'm the best that ever lived! :tongue:

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat, and he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet. :D: