PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to Cubs/Sox at The Cell

ramorgan1
05-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey all... couple of questions. I have been buying Sox-7 ticket packages for the past 5 years (usually bought 2 packages of 4 seats, then supplemented with extra games).. always got the Cubs/Sox series as well as opening day, etc etc...

Anyway - i was talking with one of the PR people last season, who said they're amending their program this year (with the 9 and 13 game packs). They said one of the reasons they aren't letting us buy all three of the cubs/sox games with those packs is because they were worried that the Scrubs fans were buying a 7 or 8 game pack, just to get all the cubs games...

so my first comment is: WHO CARES? If we get an extra 4 to 5 games revenue so that the Scrubs fans can be here, GREAT. Spend it on Salary.

Second question - are they going to be able to sell out the games only getting each person to get one or two games? And if not - are individual tix going to go on sale for these games? Has anyone asked Brooks that? (or know anyone in box office to know #'s of tix left?

ewokpelts
05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey all... couple of questions. I have been buying Sox-7 ticket packages for the past 5 years (usually bought 2 packages of 4 seats, then supplemented with extra games).. always got the Cubs/Sox series as well as opening day, etc etc...

Anyway - i was talking with one of the PR people last season, who said they're amending their program this year (with the 9 and 13 game packs). They said one of the reasons they aren't letting us buy all three of the cubs/sox games with those packs is because they were worried that the Scrubs fans were buying a 7 or 8 game pack, just to get all the cubs games...

so my first comment is: WHO CARES? If we get an extra 4 to 5 games revenue so that the Scrubs fans can be here, GREAT. Spend it on Salary.

Second question - are they going to be able to sell out the games only getting each person to get one or two games? And if not - are individual tix going to go on sale for these games? Has anyone asked Brooks that? (or know anyone in box office to know #'s of tix left?no individual tix...only 9/13 packs, season tix, and groups...
Gene

ramorgan1
05-20-2005, 11:40 AM
i realize they're not selling individual tix (now)... but what if it's a week before the game and they haven't sold enough packs (i don't know how they would?) but are they just going to let 5,000 tix go un-sold? that would be ridiculous... i just hope they're able to fill the park for the Scrubs series, or it'll be just one more thing...

Ol' No. 2
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
i realize they're not selling individual tix (now)... but what if it's a week before the game and they haven't sold enough packs (i don't know how they would?) but are they just going to let 5,000 tix go un-sold? that would be ridiculous... i just hope they're able to fill the park for the Scrubs series, or it'll be just one more thing...The Cubs are currently selling tickets for this weekend's games. If there are any remaining as the series approaches, I'm pretty sure they won't have any trouble selling them. But really...

:whocares

ramorgan1
05-20-2005, 11:47 AM
also - i just want to go to all 3... i have gone to all 6 the last 3 years, and this year i only have tix to 1 at wrigley and 1 at The Cell... so i'm depressed... (but still holding out hope that i can get the other two at The Cell)

go Sox

kj.hayes
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM
As of 10:45am on Friday morning there still seem to be individual tix for sale via Cubs.com.

shoota
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM

Second question - are they going to be able to sell out the games only getting each person to get one or two games? And if not - are individual tix going to go on sale for these games? Has anyone asked Brooks that? (or know anyone in box office to know #'s of tix left?

Good questions. I am also a former 7-game ticket package buyer and was greatly disappointed not only with the limit on Cubs game tickets, but with all of the stipulations under the new ticket plan. I'd like the 9 and 13-game ticket plans to have no stipulations next year. These rules hurt many more Sox fans than it does the few Cub fans who bought Sox-7 plans.

gosox83
05-20-2005, 11:50 AM
At Soxfest I put my name into a raffle where Gene Honda was and they drew a lot of names out. I found out that if your name was on the list it meant that your name was pulled. There was a list on Saturday with about 300 names on it and mine was one of them. I asked Gene where I get my prize and what it was and he said it was for the right to buy Sox/Cubs tickets. He said they will send it in the mail and I just have to fill out how many I want and which game, and I can buy them. However, it never came. Did anybody else win this drawing, and if so, are you still waiting??

GO SOX!!

ramorgan1
05-20-2005, 04:49 PM
i didn't get on your cool-people list - but if you ever do get a letter and can't use tix for saturday or sunday, i'd happily like to go in your place!

jake27
05-20-2005, 05:42 PM
The Cubs are currently selling tickets for this weekend's games. If there are any remaining as the series approaches, I'm pretty sure they won't have any trouble selling them. But really...

:whocares i care! i want to see my white sox play, no matter what ballpark they r in

kevingrt
05-20-2005, 05:43 PM
i care! i want to see my white sox play, no matter what ballpark they r in

I second that

daveeym
05-20-2005, 05:53 PM
i realize they're not selling individual tix (now)... but what if it's a week before the game and they haven't sold enough packs (i don't know how they would?) but are they just going to let 5,000 tix go un-sold? that would be ridiculous... i just hope they're able to fill the park for the Scrubs series, or it'll be just one more thing... I'm sorry this sounds like a Troll. :dtroll: :dtroll: No sox fan season ticket holder would be concerned about selling out for this series, he'd know better, sounds like a flubby troll wanting to know inside tips to getting tix this year.

ramorgan1
05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
but i'm not a season ticket holder. Only a 20-or so game ticket holder, who was only able to buy one sCrubs game cause i only got a nine pack (found out later i could've gotten 2 games if i got a 13-pack, but originally it was just one each)...

kevingrt
05-20-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry this sounds like a Troll. :dtroll: :dtroll: No sox fan season ticket holder would be concerned about selling out for this series, he'd know better, sounds like a flubby troll wanting to know inside tips to getting tix this year.

Gotta agree with you, oh well