PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard this...

DrCrawdad
05-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Have you ever heard a Sox fan say this...

Finally, it's been said "Sox fans hate the Cubs; Cub fans hate the Sox fans". What is it with Sox fans? Why do they hate the Cubs so much? And do most of them really feel that they don't care if they win the World Series as long as they win the six games with the Cubs? - Bleed Cubbie Blue blog. (http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/)

seanpmurphy
05-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Who in their right mind would rather see the Sox beat on the Cubs than win a World Series? Come on now.

MUsoxfan
05-20-2005, 01:51 AM
I've only heard the stereotype....not the first-hand account.

Baby Fisk
05-20-2005, 08:15 AM
A true Sox fan wants their team to win the championship. Anything else is secondary, or in the realm of obnoxious retards.

Palehose Pete
05-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Frankly, at this point, I look at the Cubs as another series. I'm a younger guy, so maybe I don't have the same historical grudges towards the Cubs that some others do. We lost the series last season against them - so what? What really left me disappointed was that it wasn't OUR Sox dancing in St. Louis in October. But I'm stating the obvious to Sox fans on this board.

soxfan26
05-20-2005, 08:34 AM
This is the first time I've heard it, no suprise it comes from a flub fan's blog.

The Racehorse
05-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I've only heard the stereotype....not the first-hand account.

Same here...

... I think it's safe to say that we all wouldn't mind [at all] if the SOX were swept by the Bad News Bears [or Cubs - take your pick] as long as we win the World Series... anything less is a loser [or Flubbie] mentality.

Uncle_Patrick
05-20-2005, 09:35 AM
The only Sox "fans" I could ever imagine saying or feeling that are "Cub Haters" - the types who call themselves Sox fans only because they hate the Cubs. In my experience, those are usually fans of other NL Central teams before they are fans of the Sox. No real White Sox fan would prefer beating the Cubs over a World Series title.

DumpJerry
05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
To get to the World Series, we need to win as many games as possible. Might as well cheer for the easy wins..........:cool:

Ol' No. 2
05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Have you ever heard a Sox fan say this...This is stupid. But then considering the source is a Cubbie blog....:kukoo:

daveeym
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Man I'm the only one to vote yes? Because I could swear I've seen it poster here multiple times before. If I'm mistaken my bad.

DrCrawdad
05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
At the Bleed Cubbie Blue blog, the blogger (whom I've attended a game with and maintain a friendly relationship with) said this:

Q: Finally, it's been said "Sox fans hate the Cubs; Cub fans hate the Sox fans". What is it with Sox fans? Why do they hate the Cubs so much? And do most of them really feel that they don't care if they win the World Series as long as they win the six games with the Cubs?

On the blog there is room for comments. I've been registered on the site for some time and I responded in this way:

Let's play twist...

It's been said that most Cub fans don't care about winning the World Series as long as they beat the Sox in "The Attendance Game."

(In response to your question) Where are these mythical Sox fans that you speak of? My whole family is comprised of Sox fans and I grew up on the Southside, I've never once heard that from a single Sox fan that I know.

Jeez, Al, the other day you baselessly accused Sox fans of vandalizing Wrigley, today you're twisting their words. Why is it that you hate Sox fans so much?

PaulDrake
05-20-2005, 11:25 AM
I hate losing to the Cubs. In case I didn't make myself clear I hate losing to the Cubs. That being said, I want the White Sox to win a WS far more than I want them to beat the Cubs during the regular season.

mjharrison72
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM
A true Sox fan wants their team to win the championship. Anything else is secondary, or in the realm of obnoxious retards.
I love beating the cubs, but if losing six to them this season meant we would win the World Series, I would give approximately two squats about the regular season losses.

voodoochile
05-20-2005, 11:51 AM
No, I've never heard it before, but then again, I don't hang out on flubbie forums either.

I've heard similar things about Bears fans regarding the packer games (not true there either, but it is extra sweet to beat the Packers because they are at least in the dame division and the road to the playoffs has gone through GB for most of the last decade plus).

They also say it about the OSU/TSUN rivalry. Not true there either, but often top bowl slot for the Big10 is decided by this game, so again, it carries more weight.

shoota
05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Have you ever heard a Sox fan say this...

I've never heard a Sox fan say that or even the stereotype. It's a lie to slam the Sox. Blatant lie.

DrCrawdad
05-20-2005, 11:59 AM
No, I've never heard it before, but then again, I don't hang out on flubbie forums either.

I guess you got me there, but it's not just in that forum that I've heard those types of comments by Cubbie fans. IMO Cubbie fans love to twist what Sox fans say. Yes, many Sox fans love to see the Cubbies lose. It's quite a illogical leap to suggest though that because Sox fans enjoy a Cubbie loss that we value those over a World Series. Honestly, I don't know a single Sox fan who feels that way.

So this is why I responded about how Cubbie fans seem to enjoy winning the attendance game over the Cubbies winning. In virtually every conversation I've had with Cubbie fans they bring up the matter of attendance. Cubbie fans are obsessed with their attendance. It gives them some sort of validation.

ondafarm
05-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I actually heard this seperately from both of my parents.

Extenuating circumstances: They were dating in 1959 (married in 1960) and my mom won tickets to the seventh game of the 1959 World Series.

Clembasbal
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I have heard it...yes I have. But I do not agree with it, it is moronic. Maybe I heard it from Cubs fans before. Never from a Sox fan though, now that Ithik about it.

Jjav829
05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I've never heard that before because no true Sox feels that way.

maurice
05-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I have never heard it and agree that no true Sox fan would ever say such nonsense. OTOH, Jeff Torborg was on the radio this morning and says he heard it.

Every large population has its outliers. Attributing random nonsensical conduct to the entire group is blatant discimination typical of losers who have nothing positive in their lives.

Nellie_Fox
05-21-2005, 01:28 AM
I think what they do is misread the attitude that a lot of Sox fans I know share. That is, if the Sox can't make it to the WS, then beating up on the Cubs helps salvage the season.

FarWestChicago
05-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Actually, the whole thing is not logically possible. Any "Sox fan" who would prefer beating the hapless Flubbies to winning the World Series simply isn't a real Sox fan. It doesn't matter what they say about themselves. They are not Sox fans. The primary requirement for membership in the club is longing for a Sox world championship...period. These "I hate the Flubs more than I love the Sox" psychopaths, while amusing, are basically demented.

StillMissOzzie
05-21-2005, 01:50 AM
I love beating the cubs, but if losing six to them this season meant we would win the World Series, I would give approximately two squats about the regular season losses.

Me too, but then we'd have to listen to the bleating sCrUB fans claim that THEY were the true world champions since they beat the Sox in those six games. In a perfect world, the road to the WS would be paved by the Sox slaughtering the baby bears.

SMO

FarWestChicago
05-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Me too, but then we'd have to listen to the bleating sCrUB fans claim that THEY were the true world champions since they beat the Sox in those six games.And what remotely sentient creature would care what those cretins said? :?:

The content and activity in this "forum" have me wondering about a large percentage of Sox fans...