PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi's Role

shoota
05-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Should Tad, who has done everything asked of a 2 spot hitter, be dropped in the batting order? I ask this because he's one of our best hitters and he might be better used in RBI situations.

I'm torn because Tadihito is so good at his current position, but exceeds expectations so much that he makes me wonder if he'd help the team more in a different lineup spot.

The biggest hangup against this move is the man who replaces him in the 2 hole. Podsednik is VERY important to this winning team, so if Tad's replacement cannot do the job well, Pods and thus the team will be worse off.

I think my question would be moot if the middle of our lineup met their individual expectations.

Chisox003
05-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Na, you gotta keep him in the 2 hole...

He is everything we want hitting behind Pods....Unselfish, clutch, good bat control, and ability to steal bases...Not to mention some power

Anyway, who would we move to 2? I dont like Uribe there, as hes too aggressive IMO

SluggersAway
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no he should be left at #2. I know he has said he is a power hitter, but why bring back the ghost of the tinkerer when what we are doing seems to be working?

LuvSox
05-19-2005, 10:42 PM
why bring back the ghost of the tinkerer

I got a chill when I read this. I saw a pic of Nardi Contreras today too. :(:

shoota
05-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no he should be left at #2. I know he has said he is a power hitter, but why bring back the ghost of the tinkerer when what we are doing seems to be working?

Ultimately I think that is my conclusion too. With the record the Sox have, and the success of the current top 2 spot men, I say leave the order as it is.

Though, I don't like that Tad, who is such a good hitter, has to give up at bats in the 2 hole.

Tad could do Paulie's and Dye's job as RBI men, but neither one could do Tad's 2 hole job. Like chisox003 said, who are we going to replace Tad with? Maybe be a better question would have been: Who are we going to replace Dye with?

TDog
05-19-2005, 10:49 PM
If Pods gets on base, the chances are good the No. 2 hitter will be up with a runner in scoring position.

balke
05-19-2005, 10:57 PM
In most situations Gooch lets Pods try to steal his way as far as possible. He makes good choices as to when to bunt, and when to swing.

I don't know if you watched last year at all, but noone else on this team can bunt Pods over.

This is just another Dye sucks thread in disguise.

JackParkman
05-19-2005, 11:35 PM
If it ain't broke ...