PDA

View Full Version : Fire Up And Beat These Pigs! Thunder!

Region Sox
05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
July 4, 2004 was the worst day of my life as a Sox fan. 4th of July/Sister's Graduation party at the house. 60 friends and family over, seemingly 6 of us Sox fans. Lee hitting that homer and me yelling at my 89 year old grandmother Cub fan. Then the walk off walk. I got so pissed (and drunk) I threw up and had no desire to set off fireworks or live for that matter. I had to eat it for 10 months. Revenge starts tomorrow. PLEASE WHITE SOX! BEAT THESE DOGS!

zach074
05-19-2005, 11:00 PM
You take sox vs cubs way way way to seriously.

Infallible
05-19-2005, 11:01 PM
dude you let an 89 year old Cub Fan talk smack to you?!?

whitesoxwilkes
05-19-2005, 11:05 PM
July 4, 2004 was the worst day of my life as a Sox fan. 4th of July/Sister's Graduation party at the house. 60 friends and family over, seemingly 6 of us Sox fans. Lee hitting that homer and me yelling at my 89 year old grandmother Cub fan. Then the walk off walk. I got so pissed (and drunk) I threw up and had no desire to set off fireworks or live for that matter. I had to eat it for 10 months. Revenge starts tomorrow. PLEASE WHITE SOX! BEAT THESE DOGS!

I was watching the game in my room at the Luxor Las Vegas on ESPN getting ready to hit the tables. Good thing the drinks were free.

voodoochile
05-19-2005, 11:06 PM
I hope the Sox win and your gramma beats your ass anyway...

JohnBasedowYoda
05-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I got so pissed (and drunk) I threw up and had no desire to set off fireworks or live for that matter

man we have a lot in common

VA_GoGoSox
05-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I am still fuming over chip caray saying "HE GONE" as the final Sox batter struck out last year to end the series and give the edge to the chubs. I cannot friggin' wait for this weekend.

voodoochile
05-19-2005, 11:11 PM
man we have a lot in common

So I imagine you won't be walking a beat in Wrigleyville most years when these games are going on...

Region Sox
05-19-2005, 11:25 PM
dude you let an 89 year old Cub Fan talk smack to you?!?

She was talking crap after every Sox out! I think I gave her one too many gin gimlets. It is not like she was sitting there watching quietly. When Carlos came up she said "Get this Bum- he is a bum!" He hit it out and it was some good natured ribbing. "Where is your Cub bullpen now?"

Chisox003
05-19-2005, 11:30 PM
She was talking crap after every Sox out! I think I gave her one too many gin gimlets. It is not like she was sitting there watching quietly. When Carlos came up she said "Get this Bum- he is a bum!" He hit it out and it was some good natured ribbing. "Where is your Cub bullpen now?"

:roflmao: I love it....even good ol gran'ma catchin it during this series! :roflmao:

Fortunately, my entire family consists of diehard sox fans....But Ill be honest, if my grandma was a cubs fan, shed be under fire this weekend too....Hey, this is baseball at its worst, especially at the urinal....nobody's safe :gulp:

sthbndsox
05-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I am still fuming over chip caray saying "HE GONE" as the final Sox batter struck out last year to end the series and give the edge to the chubs. I cannot friggin' wait for this weekend.

O god, I remember that. I don't think I've ever been so mad in my entire life. As much as I'm looking forward to a Sox winner, I'm always a little nervous before this. I love in a town infested with Flub fans, and they are all of the obnoxious type that dont know anything about baseball. They all also like to rub things in my face, and I dont think ill be able to take it if the Sox lose the series.

All that aside, go whup some Cubbie ass and bring bragging rights back to the South Side!

skobabe8
05-19-2005, 11:47 PM

Hey----at least you weren't at the SCENE of the CRIME. Carlos' HR was the highest of the highs, and Damasos walk was the lowest of the lows. But I'll be back there this sunday for what I like to call.......PAYBACK.

SpartanSoxFan
05-20-2005, 12:07 AM

DITTO. :angry: :angry:

batmanZoSo
05-20-2005, 12:16 AM
I was in a Lincoln Park bar when Damaso walked in the winning run. Wasn't as cub-oriented as you'd think.

TomParrish79
05-20-2005, 12:18 AM
I hope the Sox win and your gramma beats your ass anyway...

http://www.espn.go.com/i/cheapseats_120.jpg
Hillarious!!

chisox06
05-20-2005, 01:08 AM
At least during the regular season these 2 series are the only games that go beyond just a baseball game. Were all proud to be sox fans, and in a close second, not being cubs fans. Nothing better than putting your pride on the line, and watchin the best team in baseball kick some cub ass....

chisoxfanatic
05-20-2005, 01:17 AM
When I go to work tomorrow, I will be decked out in my Frank Thomas batting practice jersey and Sox earrings. Other Sox fans will be wearing Sox gear as well.

As the guy near Lot G who helps sell "Cubs Suck" goods says: "The TRUE South Sider knows the way to say 'CUBS SUCK!'"

Baby Fisk
05-20-2005, 08:28 AM
That was very painful. :angry: At least we don't have to listen to that monkey this year.

:chimp
"SWUNG ON AND BELTED!..... and the infield fly rule is called..."

BigEdWalsh
05-20-2005, 08:44 AM
At least we don't have to listen to that monkey this year.

:gulp:

Preach it, Brother. Finally HE gone.

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-20-2005, 08:51 AM
We are going to take AT LEAST 2/3 games this series.

Church Turtle
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
All I can think of is Arlo Guthrie jumping up and down on top of the table yelling "KILL KILL KILL I WANT TO SEE BLOOD AND GORE AND HAVE VEINS AND GUTS IN MY TEETH! I MEAN KILL!" (as best I can recall)

gosox83
05-20-2005, 12:11 PM
How many Morons does it take to flip over a car????

I don't know the flubs haven't won the series since '08.

I love that one. And by the way, you can insert anything you want for Morons.

One of the major differences between this year and last is that we are beating the teams we are supposed to beat.

Well, I definitely consider the scrubs one of them.

GO SOXXXX!!!!

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!! NO MERCY!!! :mad:

soxfanreggie
05-20-2005, 12:26 PM
He's not my PTC, but I would love to see a nice 10+ K performance by Garcia. I know it's the Flubs announcers for this 3 game set, but I would love to see them speechless (unless they want to whine about how many injuries they have had). It'd be nice to see us put 5-6 runs on Zambrano, then watch them whine more about how he's injured.

The ultimate disgrace to the Cubs by one of their own fans was 3 (yes three) games into the season, they were already clamoring...WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

voodoochile
05-20-2005, 12:30 PM
How many Morons does it take to flip over a car????

I don't know the flubs haven't won the series since '08.

I love that one. And by the way, you can insert anything you want for Morons.

One of the major differences between this year and last is that we are beating the teams we are supposed to beat.

Well, I definitely consider the scrubs one of them.

GO SOXXXX!!!!

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!! NO MERCY!!! :mad:

I prefer the other punchline to that joke...

Who knows, the last time the flubbies won the World Series, there were no cars...