PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans watching Star Wars!!

GiveMeSox
05-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Last night I went to the midnight showing of star wars at the Chicago Heights Marcus theater. I have to say I was blown away at the number of sox fans and people showing sox pride. Id say about 1/4 or 1/3 of all people there were sporting something with the sox. When i walked to my seat a bunch of people wearing sox hats said the same thing noting "look another sox fan" and well gave high fives. It was unbelievable, I have never seen this kind of support in public.

skobabe8
05-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Last night I went to the midnight showing of star wars at the Chicago Heights Marcus theater. I have to say I was blown away at the number of sox fans and people showing sox pride. Id say about 1/4 or 1/3 of all people there were sporting something with the sox. When i walked to my seat a bunch of people wearing sox hats said the same thing noting "look another sox fan" and well gave high fives. It was unbelievable, I have never seen this kind of support in public.

Thats awesome dude! the army is STRONG! :supernana:

batmanZoSo
05-19-2005, 11:25 PM

That's the closest theater to my house, but I refuse to go to the dump and they didn't support Fandango online advance ticket purchases (big surprise there). Otherwise I would have added to the silver and black party.

seanpmurphy
05-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I noticed the same thing out at the Showplace in Bolingbrook. I wouldn't say 1/3-1/4 of the theatre, but at least 15 guys wearing Sox gear were parading around in the theatre I was in alone. Including a kid wearing a Sox hat and Cubs Suck t-shirt.

Comment of the night was when a preview for War of the Worlds came on, and a segment in which someone told Tom Cruise (while wearing a Yankees hat) "You know what your problem is?" and I yelled "You're a Yankees fan!" and this dude in a Konerko t-shirt in front of me turned around and said "damn right"

Sox Unity is sweet