PDA

View Full Version : How to get to wrigley from so side?

SOXfnNlansing
05-19-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm in Lansing and I don't want to get stuck in Friday rush hour. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get there (trains) or maybe a group can meet somewhere and take the train together. I don't know anything about trains and busses, but I know I don't want to drive up there on a Friday.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-19-2005, 05:20 PM
not sure where your at but metra or any of the cta trains to downtown. then get on the redline north and get off at addison.
going to the cta or metra websites will get you all the info you need

Eddie Gaedel
05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
here ya go...

http://metrarail.com/Special_Promotions/baseball2005.html

you'll be coming from the randolph street station i believe...

SOXfnNlansing
05-19-2005, 05:44 PM
here ya go...

http://metrarail.com/Special_Promotions/baseball2005.html

you'll be coming from the randolph street station i believe... Thank you, I'll take the South Shore to Randolph Station. :bandance:

voodoochile
05-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Go north until you smell it and west until you step in it...

I want Mags back
05-19-2005, 07:30 PM
From Flossmoor, we usually take 57 (it would be the Bishop 94 from lansing I guess) get off at 87th, park in the plaza with Jewel and toys r ur, and thake the Red straight up

chuckn98229
05-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Go north until you smell it and west until you step in it...

I love it - the most succinct directions to the urinal I have ever seen.

Wsoxmike59
05-19-2005, 10:49 PM
You can also park down by the Cell and jump on the CTA Red Line at 35th and go North until you hit Clark & Addison. I've done that a couple of times in the past. That's real simple.

TDog
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM
You can also park down by the Cell and jump on the CTA Red Line at 35th and go North until you hit Clark & Addison. I've done that a couple of times in the past. That's real simple.

I didn't grow up in Lansing. I grew up in Munster. To get to Wrigley, we used to drive up to Comiskey, park and grab the CTA. It was simple. But I've only been to Wrigley Field three times in my life. I wouldn't even suffer the place to see the Sox.

Nellie_Fox
05-20-2005, 01:52 AM
But I've only been to Wrigley Field three times in my life. I wouldn't even suffer the place to see the Sox.Preach it TDog.

I'm old, but I have also been there three times in my life. Once when I was in fourth grade, my dad took my brother and me. My dad wasn't a big baseball fan, but got good tickets from somebody and took us. Then in each year of seventh and eighth grade, I was a patrol boy. Our reward each year was a trip to a ballgame (and a day out of school.) Both years it was to Wrigley (day games made it most likely to be Wrigley pretty much every year.) So, let's see...a day out of school. Hmmmm. I guess I'll go, and cheer for...the Milwaukee Braves!!!

MUsoxfan
05-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Midway Orange Line....to Roosevelt....Red Line to Addison. Relatively painless and hassle free. Otherwise just park near Comiskey and take the Red Line up to Addison.