PDA

View Full Version : Cubune insulting Flubs?

ondafarm
05-19-2005, 04:07 PM
In the Glossary of Sox-Cubs terminology (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-0505190339may19,1,4512674.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed) article

Cubune idiots, Paul Sullivan and Mark Gonzales

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-0505190339may19,1,4512674.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

list:

Gooch: Short for Iguchi, as in Sox second baseman Tadahito Iguchi, who stands a reasonable chance to win AL rookie honors if he sustains his successful start.

As has been mentioned several times here (notice that Hawk and DJ have stopped using it) the word 'Gooch' in Japanese is slang for (moderators save me with an appropriate edit here) the perinostrum. In colloquial usage, it'd be equivalent to calling him (female genitalia.)

Now, I don't call baseball players 'girlie' or anything like that. Why should the Cubune post such a term?

na_na_na_na
05-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Who cares what it means in Japan.

Here in chicago it's only meaning is a damn good 2B

FoulkeTheIndians
05-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, who cares. I don't think the writers intended for it to be meant that way. Plus, at least they mentioned how great of a season he's having.

As long as we keep winning I'll take a whole team full of "Gooches" anyday.

Sxy Mofo
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
wasn't this also a term in the jackass movie... the muscle stimulator scene.

man, I love being immature.

daveeym
05-19-2005, 04:25 PM
OMFG give it up already. These threads should be moved to the ****house.

Jerko
05-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm getting like Ozzie; I kinda wish we only played these clowns 3 times. Actually, the whole inter-league thing has worn out it's welcome with me.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-19-2005, 04:38 PM
OMFG give it up already. These threads should be moved to the ****house.

For now this is What's the Score material. Sully and Gonzales spend an entire column ripping on the Cubs, and somebody here interprets it as though they're insulting the Sox because of an innuendo about the term "gooch," an innuendo neither Sully or Gonzales repeated.
:kukoo:

Of course if posters here want to continue with the innuendo bit this whole stinking mess will wind up in the ****house with a lock on it, so no worries.
:cool:

This was my favorite bit...
No big deal: Mark Prior's summation of any injury or setback involving a Cubs pitcher, particularly himself.

daveeym
05-19-2005, 04:45 PM
This was my favorite bit...I laughed at this one Concrete: 1. The feeling in Zambrano's elbow Sunday, two days before it felt like a "feather." 2. The stuff that used to fall at Wrigley Field, before repairs were made to fix the problem.

Palehose13
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I liked this one:

Bleep: The most frequently edited sound bite from Guillen when asked about former Sox outfielder Magglio Ordonez.

shoota
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
For now this is What's the Score material. Sully and Gonzales spend an entire column ripping on the Cubs, and somebody here interprets it as though they're insulting the Sox because of an innuendo about the term "gooch," an innuendo neither Sully or Gonzales repeated.
:kukoo:

This was my favorite bit...

You're right, this article slammed the Cubs. I'm guessing Paul Sullivan wrote the Cubs bits and Mark Gonzales the Sox. So thumbs up for Sullivan.

My favorite part is where Sullivan makes sure to mention Z's 136-pitch outing instead of buying into the Cubs spin job: Non-pitching injury:Zambrano's mysterious elbow injury, which the Cubs say was not caused by pitching--but by swinging the bat. They currently are looking at what Zambrano is doing "off the field" in an effort to understand why he incurred the non-pitching injury, which occured one start after a 136-pitch outing.

It's very telling that Zambrano, who has always played in the NL and taken a lot of at bats, has never injured himself batting, while the start after a 136-pitch outing he leaves due to injury. Hmm, was his ELBOW injury more likely caused by a rare, extremely high pitch count or on a routine, generic at bat in which he made contact with the ball and doubled?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Concrete: 2. The stuff that used to fall at Wrigley Field, before repairs were made to fix the problem.

I added the sarcastic teal because clearly Sullivan and Gonzales we're doing another rip job on the Flubs for not fixing the Urinal's concrete problems.

:cool: