PDA

View Full Version : Parking this weekend at the Urinal...

seahawk037
05-19-2005, 01:38 PM
For those of you driving to the Urinal... if you're having trouble parking, or just want to avoid the headache/hassle, there's usually a ton of spots in my neghborhood, which is the northwest block of Addison & Ashland. The best spots are right along Ravenswood, either side by the train tracks or in front of the loft/office buildings - and all along Waveland. There's always a ton of parking on game day (including the Sox series) since a lot of people think it's zoned and don't want to get a ticket. It's then about a 10 minute walk down Waveland to the park, but worth it if you want to avoid a lot of the Yahoos that will be trolling about.

And if you're feeling really lazy, then you can catch the Addison bus - but that'll prolly take longer than walking.

Anything to help out my fellow Sox fans. It's nice to see and acknowledge the north side contingent.

ondafarm
05-19-2005, 01:46 PM
If you REALLY have trouble with parking by the ball park this weekend trying to see the White Sox flog the north side minor league team, there is always parking in my neighborhood, Vernon Hills. Good seats are still available, especially in front of my large screen TV; multiple recliners still free. I've recently gone thru the frig and thrown everything non-sports related out, so I'll have plenty of cold beer, pretzels and dip for chips. [Well, everything except for the good gin in the freezer that is (man can't live on sports alone, although I shall try.)] I'm also borrowing a Weber grill and cooking steaks which are already marinading (in gin of course.) I may even try to do up the North Carolina style BBQ.

DaveIsHere
05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
If you REALLY have trouble with parking by the ball park this weekend trying to see the White Sox flog the north side minor league team, there is always parking in my neighborhood, Vernon Hills. Good seats are still available, especially in front of my large screen TV; multiple recliners still free. I've recently gone thru the frig and thrown everything non-sports related out, so I'll have plenty of cold beer, pretzels and dip for chips. [Well, everything except for the good gin in the freezer that is (man can't live on sports alone, although I shall try.)] I'm also borrowing a Weber grill and cooking steaks which are already marinading (in gin of course.) I may even try to do up the North Carolina style BBQ.

Sounds like an invite, I'm not doing anything on Sunday!?!?!

voodoochile
05-19-2005, 02:30 PM

Frozen gin, BBQ and baseball? :drool:

You trying to make me jealous? No taunting the Mods still stuck in the middle of nowhere...:tongue:

ondafarm
05-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Frozen gin, BBQ and baseball? :drool:

You trying to make me jealous? No taunting the Mods still stuck in the middle of nowhere...:tongue:

Well, at least you can get the real BBQ there !!!

nug0hs
05-19-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm up here in Northbrook. See you there :smile:

Ol' No. 2
05-19-2005, 02:52 PM
At one time IIRC the Sox opened their parking lots for people to park there and take the Red line up. Do they still do that?

NSSoxFan
05-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Another option for any of you headed down there this weekend. If you get off at Fullerton and go down and take a right on Sheffield, there are the DePaul parking garages. It costs $7 to park there on the weekends I believe, and the 'el' is right next to the garage. Just two stops over to Addison.

cbrownson13
05-19-2005, 03:32 PM
At one time IIRC the Sox opened their parking lots for people to park there and take the Red line up. Do they still do that?

Wow, I was JUST telling my friend I think that would be a good idea. Let fans tailgate then hop on the El. I thinkt that would be cool.