PDA

View Full Version : this is why cub fans...

chaerulez
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
...can't be respected. This was posted by a cub fan on chicagosports.com:

LOL Southsiders, we all know whats going to happen. The Twins will get hot and your post-season dreams are history again. Remember atleast the Cubs have played in Oct a few times in the lst 5 years...
Submitted by: Grockith
1:21 PM CDT, May 19, 2005

Last time I checked, 2000 was five years ago, and the White Sox were in the postseason. Not to mention the fact this is probably one of those guys that jump up and down about 2003 like it was yesterday (even though the team is currently headed nowhere).

chisoxfanatic
05-19-2005, 01:39 PM
In addition, since when does 1 playoff appearance constitute appearing in the playoffs a "few times?"

seahawk037
05-19-2005, 01:41 PM
In addition, since when does 1 playoff appearance constitute appearing in the playoffs a "few times?"

Cub fan logic: a few times = a few games

skobabe8
05-19-2005, 01:42 PM
...can't be respected. This was posted by a cub fan on chicagosports.com:

LOL Southsiders, we all know whats going to happen. The Twins will get hot and your post-season dreams are history again. Remember atleast the Cubs have played in Oct a few times in the lst 5 years...
Submitted by: Grockith

Last time I checked, 2000 was five years ago, and the White Sox were in the postseason. Not to mention the fact this is probably one of those guys that jump up and down about 2003 like it was yesterday (even though the team is currently headed nowhere).

why do cub fans make it so easy for us? seriously.

tebman
05-19-2005, 01:43 PM
This was posted by a cub fan on chicagosports.com:

LOL Southsiders, we all know whats going to happen. The Twins will get hot and your post-season dreams are history again. Submitted by: Grockith
:cleo
Ah, Miss Grockith sees all...

WhiteSoxFan84
05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
i was thinking about it last night. say the cubs DO get into the playoffs somehow (won't happen), what chance do they think they have? even with a healthy prior, wood, zambrano, maddux, borowski, nomar, walker, fox, etc.? the cardinals, braves, marlins, and dodgers are all much better than the cubs. especially with that bullpen they have, or dont have.

seanpmurphy
05-20-2005, 06:54 PM

My thoughts exactly. What a boner.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-20-2005, 07:07 PM

They really can't help it. Stupidity comes to them naturally.

They're Cubs fans and thus they think losing is cute. And that's stupid.

:lynch&mcfail
"It's not so bad, really. It makes it awfully easy for us to draw 3 million when 95 percent of them are complete idiots."

LuvSox
05-20-2005, 07:20 PM

The jokes just write themselves, don't they

Fenway
05-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I must have seen 10 people today wearing a hat with this logo on it. (That were Cubs fans )

http://www.crwflags.com/art/pins/sports/mlb/2003nlcs.jpg

After Gradygate I burnt anything with 2003 ALCS on it and I can not believe any Cubs fan would wear anything that would remind them of that fiasco against The Fish

mccoydp
05-20-2005, 08:16 PM

Exactly. The Scrubs and the Sox both have 1 each since 2000.

seanpmurphy
05-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Chae anyone who knows you really knows how much you love the Cubs. "Murphy I'm going to tackle you like Farnsworth"? Come on now! :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
05-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I must have seen 10 people today wearing a hat with this logo on it. (That were Cubs fans )

After Gradygate I burnt anything with 2003 ALCS on it and I can not believe any Cubs fan would wear anything that would remind them of that fiasco against The Fish

Jeez. I suppose it could work like this:

"I just got on the Cubbie Bandwagon so I made sure I got this hat in October of 2003 and didn't bother getting a different one since I have no interest in baseball."

jake27
05-20-2005, 09:48 PM

After Gradygate I burnt anything with 2003 ALCS on it and I can not believe any Cubs fan would wear anything that would remind them of that fiasco against The Fish one of my favorite tshirts is a florida marlins nl champions locker room shirt.