PDA

View Full Version : Next White Sox Hall of Famer: Roger Bossard?

Tekijawa
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I was just thinking this afternoon, who might be the next White Sox inducted into the Hall... Frank Deserves it but I think in many peoples eyes he in not a "lock". This lead me to think outside of the box... the name that came up was Roger Bossard! With the family history and god knows how many major and minor league parks under his belt now can an argument be made that he has contributed less than Peter Gammons to the game of baseball? I think not! I'd like to hear everyone Else's thoughts on this.

Stroker Ace
05-19-2005, 12:59 PM
ROGER BOSSARD...YESSSSS!!!!!

na_na_na_na
05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
I never thought of this but it's an interesting idea. If he doesn't get in the Sod Father will have bud wacked.

tebman
05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
...now can an argument be made that he has contributed less than Peter Gammons to the game of baseball? I think not!

:rolling: :thumbsup:

SSN721
05-19-2005, 01:04 PM
The Sodfather definitely deserves to be in there with the contributions himself and his family have made to baseball over the years. Or at the very least a Roger Bossard area in the hall showing his best work and contributions he has made.

MUScholar21
05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd love to see Roger in as a contributor to the game, but I don't know if that is going to happen. He has too bad of a reputation nationally in baseball, mostly because of his father, that I wouldn't be surprised to hear people wouldn't consider him. How many times have we heard recently (esp. with the steroid talk) that people regret spitballers in the Hall? The fact that both the Oriole's AND Rangers were having the league look into antics at the Cell by having the mound measured shows that they haven't gotten past what the Sodfather's father pulled.

Tekijawa
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I'd love to see Roger in as a contributor to the game, but I don't know if that is going to happen. He has too bad of a reputation nationally in baseball, mostly because of his father, that I wouldn't be surprised to hear people wouldn't consider him. How many times have we heard recently (esp. with the steroid talk) that people regret spitballers in the Hall? The fact that both the Oriole's AND Rangers were having the league look into antics at the Cell by having the mound measured shows that they haven't gotten past what the Sodfather's father pulled.

Last I checked the mound was legal?!?!?! I'm pretty sure it's known that a good Grounds keeper is going to add to your win total, I wouldn't call leaving the infield or outfield grass a little long to benifit your team cheating? I would hold that in the same light as going the opposite way on certain pitchers. I think Roger has added a lot to the game out side of Comiskey also, that should come into play to... I'll pose the same question I did before What has Peter Gammons done for Baseball in his field that Roger hasn't done for Baseball in Grounds Keeping?

MUScholar21
05-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I just think that Roger's dad's reputation has made him guilty by association, and that would hold him out. It doesn't have anything to do with him, but we are talking about the same groups of people who won't let certain players in for preceived slights and other trivial incidents.

I'd love to be wrong, but his dad and his notorious "frozen baseballs" and the other stuff got under a LOT of people's skins.

mike squires
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Lip~Looks like you need someone to recruit someone for a WSI interview with Roger.

BainesHOF
05-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Bossard is the god of sod.