PDA

View Full Version : Heard about this place... never checked it out

Sxy Mofo
05-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Until now.

I use another sports site to chat about the bears, but the white sox section there blows - i'm actually a moderator over there on the bear section - there are bear fans on that site, but they don't chat sox.

let me introduce myself. I love the sox, have since birth in northern indiana (near notre dame - go irish). Live out in denver, CO (recent college grad - posting at work). don't have mlb extra innings or mlb.tv (poor, so try to catch games on espn and wgn when i can and highlights). can't wait til the sox come out to denver on june 6,7,8.

Favorite sox players are mark buehrle (his fiance said she'd root against him if he pitched for the cubs - that's a keeper, gentlemen), Jon Garland (always been a fan, even though he's so inconsistent, good to see it coming together), damaso marte, paul konerko, frank thomas, old magglio, (not anymore), Rowand, and now podsednik and gooch.

Look forward to talking sox with you all.

Palehose13
05-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard!

MisterB
05-19-2005, 10:59 AM
:welcome:

Welcome aboard!

:gulp:

Baby Fisk
05-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Sox fans are everywhere, and this is where we gather. :welcome:

Mickster
05-19-2005, 11:02 AM
:welcome:

mccoydp
05-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Until now.

I use another sports site to chat about the bears, but the white sox section there blows - i'm actually a moderator over there on the bear section - there are bear fans on that site, but they don't chat sox.

let me introduce myself. I love the sox, have since birth in northern indiana (near notre dame - go irish). Live out in denver, CO (recent college grad - posting at work). don't have mlb extra innings or mlb.tv (poor, so try to catch games on espn and wgn when i can and highlights). can't wait til the sox come out to denver on june 6,7,8.

Favorite sox players are mark buehrle (his fiance said she'd root against him if he pitched for the cubs - that's a keeper, gentlemen), Jon Garland (always been a fan, even though he's so inconsistent, good to see it coming together), damaso marte, paul konerko, frank thomas, old magglio, (not anymore), Rowand, and now podsednik and gooch.

Look forward to talking sox with you all.

Welcome! Don't do like I did for years and just lurk; it's good to get involved 'cause you'll learn a lot.:D:

tschneid83
05-19-2005, 11:12 AM
I guess i forgot the whole first time poster thing. So i guess i will take my chance now to say that i love this site. I was just browsing one day and came across this site. Had no idea anything like this even existed. Been a fan since the day i was born (83) and will be til the day i die. So just wanted to say hello and thanks to whoever started this site.

GO SOX

voodoochile
05-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey, welcome to WSI. I know you from the ESPN Bears board where I go by JustJim35.

You are among friends here but be carefull, one of the mods is a Dolphins fan :o:

Sxy Mofo
05-19-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm definitely not a lurker... on the sports site i chat bears on i probably have 4500 posts in 7-8 months.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

What's more about me. I hate the cubs, I dated a cub fan (hey, it was her only flaw, i promise) during the bartman thing, and the hardest thing to do was to tell her i was sorry. I so wasn't. I hate the yankees, and now, I hate the Red Sox just as much. I thought the whining would stop when they won the W.S. but i was wrong, now i'm not glad they won.

I'm still bitter about:
the baseball strike in '94
College football in '93 (ND beats FSU, loses to BC, somehow FSU has sole possession of the National Championship)
"the clip" - Irish fans know
Jerry Manuel
Cedric Benson over Mike Williams
the '00 Sox
Jerry Krause
The tribs ownership of WGN and the cubs

And, though, no one's accused me of this, I've come to start chatting on this site during "bandwagon" time, let me assure you I'm no bandwagoneer. I saw my first sox game in 87 when i was 5, my Dad loves the sox. I've stuck with the sox, bears, bulls, blackhawks and notre dame, despite moving out to colorado when i was 8.

Jjav829
05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey, Welcome Aboard. :D:

You've come to the best White Sox site around.

Oh, and Cedric Benson will be just fine. :thumbsup:

Sxy Mofo
05-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey, welcome to WSI. I know you from the ESPN Bears board where I go by JustJim35.

You are among friends here but be carefull, one of the mods is a Dolphins fan :o:

JustJim35... I totally remember you. I don't want to spam this site, but if it's ok, if any of you are looking to talk bears check out (sorry, deleted. NBD for a first timer and because I know you, but yeah, it's spam and we don't allow links to other sites that have baseball forums) ... Pretty much all the old espn guys chat bears over there. Blackhawkscrank, LiquidG, Grinandbearit, Lakeshoredrive, me... all those guy.

If that's not cool to link that, take it out and I apologize... don't want to start off on the wrong foot here.

Baby Fisk
05-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm still bitter about:
College football in '93 (ND beats FSU, loses to BC, somehow FSU has sole possession of the National Championship)
Jerry Manuel
the '00 Sox
Jerry Krause

LOL! I love how every Sox fan on earth is genetically wired to create and post lists of things that make them bitter. There's no fans like Sox fans in that department. :cheers:

BTW, you forgot the White Flag Trade. Damn, that makes me bitter just thinking about it... :angry:

skobabe8
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm definitely not a lurker... on the sports site i chat bears on i probably have 4500 posts in 7-8 months.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

What's more about me. I hate the cubs, I dated a cub fan (hey, it was her only flaw, i promise) during the bartman thing, and the hardest thing to do was to tell her i was sorry. I so wasn't. I hate the yankees, and now, I hate the Red Sox just as much. I thought the whining would stop when they won the W.S. but i was wrong, now i'm not glad they won.

I'm still bitter about:
Jerry Manuel
the '00 Sox
Jerry Krause

And, though, no one's accused me of this, I've come to start chatting on this site during "bandwagon" time, let me assure you I'm no bandwagoneer. I saw my first sox game in 87 when i was 5, my Dad loves the sox. I've stuck with the sox, bears, bulls, blackhawks and notre dame, despite moving out to colorado when i was 8.

HAHA! THE CLIP! I'm still P.O.'d about that one too. :angry:

Sxy Mofo
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
LOL! I love how every Sox fan on earth is genetically wired to create and post lists of things that make them bitter. There's no fans like Sox fans in that department. :cheers:

BTW, you forgot the White Flag Trade. Damn, that makes me bitter just thinking about it... :angry:

Heck, look at the teams I'm loyal too... there's so much to be bitter about in each one.

CLR01
05-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Yes and we at WSI have very little tolerance for anyone trolling the Phins. The Bears are fair game though. :smile:

Welcome aboard.

sthbndsox
05-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Sxy, where do you live? I live in Mishawaka, right across the street from the High School.

mjmcend
05-20-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm still bitter about:
Jerry Manuel
the '00 Sox
Jerry Krause

I agree with all of those so much and since I just graduated from ND, I definitley could add a few more Irish ones as well. And the White Flag trade is another thing hard to get over as well.

chisoxfanatic
05-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the greatest Sox fan site online, where it's cool to be biased, and the intelligent baseball talk never stops...

SoxBoy14
05-20-2005, 07:58 AM
SxyMofo: Welcome. The list is impressive. Bitterness is always welcome. I would have added one more "GET BACK DIBBER!"

BigEdWalsh
05-20-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm still bitter about:
Jerry Manuel
the '00 Sox
Jerry Krause

:o: You're not bitter about Terry Bevington?!

Welcome! This IS the coolest site in existence.

cubsuck
05-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Welcome! Go Sox!

crazyozzie02
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Like many others have said....... :welcome: and throw one back for me :gulp:

Procol Harum
05-20-2005, 09:25 AM

Hey, isn't one of the other mods a Vikings fan?

CLR01
05-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey, isn't one of the other mods a Vikings fan?

Yes Daver. So hey, atleast two of us have some brains. <----not sure if that should be in teal. :D: