PDA

View Full Version : Everythings OK, Zambrano Hurt taking too many swings in BP, not from 136 Pitches!

Tekijawa
05-19-2005, 10:41 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050518cubsbrite,1,6896463.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

Wow, if Cubs fans believe this pile of Horse dung then they are even dumber than I thought!

DumpJerry
05-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Well glad that was cleared up. I knew it was not the 136 pitches, Koufax used to go 150+ pitches with no cartilage in his throwing elbow.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........the old days!

jackbrohamer
05-19-2005, 11:27 AM
It's at least a better cover than the "tennis elbow" excuse they were spewing out last week.

cheeses_h_rice
05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Then how come none of their positional players suffers from the same ailment?

:rolleyes:

Tekijawa
05-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Then how come none of their positional players suffers from the same ailment?

:rolleyes:

Because none of them can really swing a bat...

SoxSpeed22
05-19-2005, 12:29 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050518cubsbrite,1,6896463.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

Wow, if Cubs fans believe this pile of Horse dung then they are even dumber than I thought!They can do better than that.:roflmao:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-19-2005, 01:02 PM
They can do better than that.:roflmao:

Cubs fans deserve every bit of this. The Cubune's hired hands in the front office know their fan base is comprised of complete idiots. There is no explanation too stupid or too outlandish for the average Flubs to not roll over and believe.

What's next? The missing barrel end of Sammy's corked bat has finally been located -- it was inside Kerry Wood's elbow?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

TheOldRoman
05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Wow, if Cubs fans believe this pile of Horse dung then they are even dumber than I thought!
Well, you clearly arent giving them enough credit.:cool:

Baby Fisk
05-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Chicks dig the longball.

Ol' No. 2
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM

Wow, if Cubs fans believe this pile of Horse dung then they are even dumber than I thought!They also called it "tennis elbow". So now the Cubs are getting injuries from sports they don't even play. I guess he's going to have to miss Wimbledon this year.

shoota
05-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Cubs fans deserve every bit of this. The Cubune's hired hands in the front office know their fan base is comprised of complete idiots. There is no explanation too stupid or too outlandish for the average Flubs to not roll over and believe.

The reasoning that Zambrano hurt his pitching elbow while swinging a bat is implausible on its own, but even more far-fetched because a Cubs player was the one who first hypothesized this excuse. I can't recall the player who said it, but he blamed Z's injury on his swing days before the Cubs management and front office caught on and used this excuse themselves.

It seems so obvious to me that the Cubs officials got together and said, 'hey that's a good excuse to curb the media and fans and sports radio from accurately blaming Dusty for Z's elbow injury. Let's use that.' Seems very similar to what former Cubs trainer said about Cubs officials who got together to say Prior has an achilles injury to hide his elbow injury.

daveeym
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
They also called it "tennis elbow". So now the Cubs are getting injuries from sports they don't even play. I guess he's going to have to miss Wimbledon this year. Tennis elbow is just a generic term and is actually very common for pitchers. However the flubs and this situation are still a joke. Carlos either gets pulled early or goes 120 pitches and misses 2 starts.

SOXPHILE
05-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Tennis elbow is just a generic term and is actually very common for pitchers. However the flubs and this situation are still a joke. Carlos either gets pulled early or goes 120 pitches and misses 2 starts.

Or, it could be neither. This Saturday, he might continue to act like the jackass he is, and get himself launched by the umps for the 3rd time this year. They have a vendetta against him & LaTonya you know.