PDA

View Full Version : Everett to bat 3rd again???

SOXit2EM
05-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Just read this per Rotoworld. "Guillen to put Everett back in 3rd spot after he is 100% healthy" Why??? The sox offense right now is scoring more runs than it has all season, i think it would be a mistake to move Everett back. For me, Rowand is our best overall hitter, not to mention he has been SMOKING the ball since he moved there. He fits perfectly in that spot, and when Frank returns he should hit fourth. Here is my lineup....Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, Frank, PK, AJ, Dye, Crede, Uribe. As far as Everett's concerned I think he should rotate w/ Frank & Dye and also PH off the bench. :cool:

sox7235
05-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Just read this per Rotoworld. "Guillen to put Everett back in 3rd spot after he is 100% healthy" Why??? The sox offense right now is scoring more runs than it has all season, i think it would be a mistake to move Everett back. For me, Rowand is our best overall hitter, not to mention he has been SMOKING the ball since he moved there. He fits perfectly in that spot, and when Frank returns he should hit fourth. Here is my lineup....Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, Frank, PK, AJ, Dye, Crede, Uribe. As far as Everett's concerned I think he should rotate w/ Frank & Dye and also PH off the bench. :cool:

I agree with you. I wanted Rowand in the 3 spot backin ST. Everett just isn't a very good 3 hitter.

samram
05-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I'm all for ARow in the 3 hole, with Frank batting fourth. What basis are they using for implying that Everett will go back to hitting third anyway? Everett isn't even going to be in there everyday when Frank's back.

mikehuff
05-19-2005, 08:46 AM
You don't know until you see Ozzie actually do it. He'd be stupid to make that change. Everyone has seen what Rowand has done since the switch. Nothing has happened yet.

I like yesterday's lineup a lot.

IlliniSox
05-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Carl is one of the steakiest hitters in baseball and he carried us for a big stretch in '02; but he's definitely on a cold streak right now. Ozzie won't make this move, he knows Aaron is coming around.

SSN721
05-19-2005, 09:49 AM
You don't know until you see Ozzie actually do it. He'd be stupid to make that change. Everyone has seen what Rowand has done since the switch. Nothing has happened yet.

I like yesterday's lineup a lot.

Agreed, I do too.

Brian26
05-19-2005, 10:37 AM
You don't know until you see Ozzie actually do it. He'd be stupid to make that change.

Ah, don't ever forget...

:ozzie

"I make out the ****ing lineup card!"

Brian26
05-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Carl is one of the steakiest hitters in baseball and he carried us for a big stretch in '02; but he's definitely on a cold streak right now. Ozzie won't make this move, he knows Aaron is coming around.

Carl didn't play for us in '02. You're thinking 2003, I think.

elrod
05-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Why do people believe RotoWorld? Didn't they argue that Thomas was going to retire?

mccoydp
05-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Leave ARow in the third spot. He's been on fire recently.

sdccpa
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Leave ARow in the third spot. He's been on fire recently.

I agree he's started hitting, up to .278 and rising. Batting .429 over last week.

IlliniSox
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Carl didn't play for us in '02. You're thinking 2003, I think.

My bad, 2003.

Everett hit .351 for us in August and .306 in September after a .211 June and .244 July.

Lip Man 1
05-19-2005, 11:53 AM
I saw a story today in the papers on Konerko and it was speculated that Ozzie would put Everett back in the #4 hole when he's healthy.

Lip

Fake Chet Lemon
05-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I think Everett has only hit ONE HR since hitting the wall in Cleveland. He must be hurt, he isn't a singles and doubles hitter when healthy. If so, give him the weekend off. Gload tried to play through it, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and rest up. Perfect time with no DH and Dye possibly coming around.

Palehose13
05-19-2005, 12:55 PM
I think Everett has only hit ONE HR since hitting the wall in Cleveland. He must be hurt, he isn't a singles and doubles hitter when healthy. If so, give him the weekend off. Gload tried to play through it, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and rest up. Perfect time with no DH and Dye possibly coming around.

I never truly appreciated this thinking until I hurt my ankle in early March. I was stubborn and kept practicing with tremendous pain. Finally, our trainer MADE me take a week off. I haven't had a problem with my ankle since. I don't even tape it anymore.

That being said, let him rest. We may need him down the stretch.

DickAllen72
05-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I saw a story today in the papers on Konerko and it was speculated that Ozzie would put Everett back in the #4 hole when he's healthy.

Lip

I was listening to Ozzie in the post game interview yesterday and I thought he was saying he's going to give Carl the weekend off because there is no DH, but after the Cubs series, "if he's healthy" he is going to put him "back in the fourth spot."

I wasn't sure if I was hearing him correctly but that sure is what it sounded like he said. I was curious both about the "if he's healthy" comment and the "back in the fourth spot" comment so I browsed the Sox web sites and forums but no one else was mentioning this so I assumed I just misunderstood Ozzie's English.

Anyway, I'd love to see Rowand continue in the third spot with Carl cleanup, Paulie fifth, and Dye or Pierzynski sixth.

DickAllen72
05-19-2005, 04:35 PM

It's true that Carl tends to run hot and cold, but the good thing is his cold streaks don't last very long and he even manages to get a few key hits during them as well. When he's hot he can carry a team as he has done several times.