PDA

View Full Version : David Wells gets HAMMERED

doublem23
05-19-2005, 12:38 AM
... no, the fatass isn't drunk (well, he probably is now), but I was more refering to his first start back from the disabled list.

1.1 IP, 9 H, 7 R (all earned)... jack that ERA up to just under 7.

samram
05-19-2005, 12:42 AM
That's too bad. I was really rooting for him to give the Red Sox a pick-me-up. But at least he struggled against a great offensive team.

MIgrenade
05-19-2005, 01:56 AM
What's great is that I had a Red SAWX fan tell me yesterday about how the White Sox are gonna fall apart at the break. Sweet dude.

Optipessimism
05-19-2005, 04:25 AM
... no, the fatass isn't drunk

LOL that's the first thing I thought when I looked at the title of this thread. Then I remembered the ESPN highlights I saw. Why the Red Sox brought him in is a total mystery to me.

The Racehorse
05-19-2005, 05:05 AM
Wells turns 42 years old tomorrow. Even at that advanced age [for a MLB player], if he ever got into reasonable shape, he could be effective [imo].

To paraphrase a Pete Rose quote, "if you have a pulse and are left handed, you'll find a job".

But then again, if he ever got himself into reasonable shape, the Earth would spin off it's axis.

dcb33
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
But then again, if he ever got himself into reasonable shape, the Earth would spin off it's axis.

I think we wouldn't be in any danger of that happening. After all, we'd still have Bartolo Colon and Sidney Ponson! :D:

Soxzilla
05-19-2005, 11:58 AM
I think we wouldn't be in any danger of that happening. After all, we'd still have Bartolo Colon and Sidney Ponson! :D:

Don't forget Rick White!

ma_deuce
05-19-2005, 12:05 PM
:XL

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to pitch an inning and a third.

EastCoastSoxFan
05-19-2005, 12:56 PM
:XL

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to pitch an inning and a third.

Well said, Dean Wormer.

"This year we're going to grab the Twins by the b***s and KICK THOSE PUNKS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!"

Fenway
05-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Needless to say it has been talk show fodder all day

On David Wells Having a Rehab Start:

Lucchino: "“It appears in retrospect they should have (given Wells a rehab start)... I guess there’s no question about (it) when you have that kind of rusty performance it sure looks that way... we made a mistake."

Francona: "That wasn’t really ever going to be an issue. He had proven in the past he didn’t really need it."

5.19.05: Larry Lucchino on WEEI’s Dennis and Callahan (http://weei.com/dennisandcallahan.asp)
On David Wells Allegedly Being at the Audioslave Concert in San Francisco (http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/11674821.htm) on Monday Night

Frank from Gloucester: “Larry, have you heard anything about David Wells was a concert the other night there, he’s having a great time dancing and enjoying himself, it was a real party, last Monday night… one of my moles told me that (discussed on the JT The Brick radio show)?

LL: “I have not. I’ve heard nothing about last Monday night (three days ago). Was he at a concert at the same time that a game is going on Frank? (Concert was at 8:00pm PT, Sox-Oakland game started at 7:00pm PT)

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/what's_next_boomer.jpg