PDA

View Full Version : Should Ozuna start one of the games at Wrigley?

chisoxfanatic
05-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Crede has hit a bump in the road, while Ozuna has been more than decent for us. True, Crede might be better on the field; however, Ozuna does seem to come up big when he's called upon. I would support Ozuna getting the start in one of these games at Wrigley...

samram
05-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Nah. Ozuna played in Crede's place today so Joe is ready for all three games.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-19-2005, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him play one of the games - I don't care which position. I love the way he plays the game.

Either way, he will play an important role as a pinch runner/pinch hitter.

Tragg
05-19-2005, 12:52 AM
If I may interject a non Osuna, but personnel question, I noticed in the box scores that we have a new bullpen pitcher. Can anyone tell me who he is and who was sent down to make room?
Thanks

chisoxfanatic
05-19-2005, 12:54 AM
If I may interject a non Osuna, but personnel question, I noticed in the box scores that we have a new bullpen pitcher. Can anyone tell me who he is and who was sent down to make room?
Thanks

That's OZUNA, not Antonio Osuna...LOL!

Kevin Walker was brought in when Gload went down, IIRC.

JackParkman
05-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I'd prefer having Ozuna available off the bench as a pinch hitter/runner.

RedPinStripes
05-19-2005, 01:21 AM
If they win the first 2, I'll bet he starts Sunday.

samram
05-19-2005, 01:41 AM
If they win the first 2, I'll bet he starts Sunday.

:jerry
<tinker, tinker> "Sounds like a plan. I think Cotts could use a start too. And maybe Timo."

RedPinStripes
05-19-2005, 08:18 PM
:jerry
<tinker, tinker> "Sounds like a plan. I think Cotts could use a start too. And maybe Timo."

When Crede was working his way in as a starter he was balling his eyes out circling the bases knowing he would be benched for the next 2 games. Damn i like Ozzie!

Jjav829
05-19-2005, 09:18 PM
When Crede was working his way in as a starter he was balling his eyes out circling the bases knowing he would be benched for the next 2 games. Damn i like Ozzie!

Hey RPS, no SNR for the Flubs series? :dunno:

PAPChiSox729
05-19-2005, 09:48 PM
I think Crede will start all of the games in this series. Joe is pretty well rested, so I don't see why he wouldn't be ready for the Cubs series.

MeanFish
05-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd start him against Zambrano, personally. I like Joe a lot so far this year, but I'm just imagining what a game against the Cubs' most prolific groundball pitcher could look like if we put as much speed in the lineup as possible. After all, the way to trump a groundball pitcher is to go too fast for the fielders that they rely on. It's especially relevant considering that Wrigley's infield grass is tall, which serves the dual purpose of making the ball easier to field and making the ball take longer to field (I would assume this is part of why the Cubs are one of the worst teams in MLB at turning double plays no matter who their IF has in it.)

We could play right into Z's hands and generate a ton of runs in the process.